Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

In main menu select "Race Settings", then look at options at the left.

2. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Did the auto-update, no problems there.

Checked Spa and Monaco, no zebra track. Also checked Palm Beach and Malaysia, no zebra track there either.

Did I miss the explanation of RealRoad "Green" versus "Naturally Progressing"? The terms are confusing...does Green mean the track is always fresh, and Naturally Progressing is how it has been? EDIT: found a thread here

Also, what about the new Shadow Blur settings? I just set mine to fast...can we get a quick explanation of the differences?

On a side note, I noticed that it turns the steering wheel on when you set it to AI driving--I haven't seen these rF2 hands in a while. Are the vintage gloves supposed to be black with wireframe?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I've explained shadow blur option here with some pros and cons of using it.

Shadow blur setting will affect quality of this blur filter.

It's a known issue.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

POS doesn't work.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Nice update! Lots of stuff added to the plr file and I don't have to change rotation on my fanatec wheel!! Keep pluggin away ISI!!

6. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

This fixed it for me as well. Good tip!

7. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

the update page isnt checking for a downloaded file. i manually put the file in the update folder but the launcher will only download the updates, which keeps freezing on me.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes,for me too!:)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, we can only answer a few things as everything written in here is taken as a contract of what will happen, and when. If we didn't do number 2 after number 1 on the list, uproar. If people disagreed with the list order, uproar. We're already getting people complaining than rF2 is an open wheel sim because they don't like the (largely RANDOM) order things have been released in.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There was a file added (for each track) in the SVN when the real road features were added (Light Rubber.rrbin), I am assuming we need the components (and any modder made tracks) to be updated to include it. That's my guess... I know that we are soon supposed to be posting each car and track as an individual component, so this would be a good time it would seem...

AFAIK this isn't an issue with the update, more an issue with the update implementing something the content doesn't have. But probably need to wait 'til Monday for confirmation.

11. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Just ran the FR35s at mills using auto-pilot to see the progress. I got the zebra shadows too, so I installed a fresh copy of the game. Same issue. I have currently executed the 'delete PLR file fix'. I haven't tested the game yet. I've noticed one problem though, salient across both 'installations' of the sim; the AI cars are invisible. If I cycle to an AI car, it but one of the others can be seen. Am I forgetting to toggle a new setting?

EDIT: I had private practice set to on. Woops.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Fixed it for me too, thanks Steve!

Was a bit confusing though, I thought I'd set it right and didn't help the second time......but it just changes back every time ONLY for "practice"...........and you don't see/check that, because the screen opens in "Race" and there it is "Naturally progressing".......

Maybe this is where others stumble too? (Or am I the only one who wasn't awake enough? ;) )

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

That kind of things should be written in changelog.
    Not everyone has a time to read whole thread. ;)

14. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, this happens to me as well. Only practice seems to set itself back to "green" and you need to reset it back to "naturally progressing" again.

Not a huge deal but seems like a bug to me.

15. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Good post. Seems to be a bit less obvious than the rF shadow blur? I notice a huge difference in rF on shadows in general (particularly trees that shadow the road), but it seems like I should turn it off in rF2.

ah, okay. It's also one that I really don't care about, because I disable the on-screen wheel and hands anyway.

What?! You mean the new Perfectly Organic Shadows are broken?! :p

16. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Auto update failed for me 3 times i think, then i choosed to click on Query, download and so on. And then it worked. But clicking on the auto update picture for auto process did not work.

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And now it is solved for you too?

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i ve got the same

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Alesi; the solution is in here, read back the last 4 or 5 pages. Deleting the player.PLR file, setting real road to "naturally progressing" in BOTH practice as well as race settings (and/or quali) and check that; it jumps back on the PRACTICE screen. (and it naturally opens in race screen when you select "race options")

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

generally i don't use HDR.

just now i tryed to activate HDR and zebra shadows appear.

for solve i had turn off HDR and delete .PLR.