Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Help, please. Graphics, controls and difficulty settings keep reverting back to default and I don't have plr file because I deleted it per zebra instructions. What am I doing wrong?

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

i wrote two pages before zebra road will appear only if you use practice session only without qualy,race.

when i have both chacked practice and race zebra is gone,and i can use green,natural progress,user everithing works fine.

i even tried user saved and the rubber is still there any time i enter the track rubber from previous session is there :) COOL

thx ISI

i have fresh install

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@Kknorpp001,

But.....when you delete the player.PLR file; it should come back, right? The game makes one of his own.

Isn't your old file in the thrash can and can't you just put it back?
    (Just thinking out loud, not really that smart with this kind of stuff, only trying to help)

4. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Ok guys, Fixed, I just missed the right post. Turned off HDR and deleted my PLR.. and was good to go.
    Thanks
    Edit.... I have to have road reflections set to off or it returns

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  5. MJP

MJP Registered

As has been mentioned before and also for me the 'zebra markings' only appear when practice *ONLY* is selected. Yes fiddling around with Green/Nat. Prog/Road Ref/HDR/deleting CBASH/RRSHD files etc. seems to have some sort of effect on the amount of 'zebra markings' but the bottom line is for me they only appear when I have only practice selected in race settings.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It took bit 4 hours to download full installer, but installing rF2 with that to new place did cure not starting issues.

Performance seems to be much better, I can now keep more eyecandy on as long as I take care that I don't run out of GFX memory.

I did notice that F2 cars did stop working at Mills, they were just hissing at garage, some did run 11 laps, some less, same then did happen with Clio cars.

HDR makes things too white, F2 tires on Mills do look at times almost completely white, also track is at time too white and there is hardly any black color just light grey, that is how tires are too. Like using cheapest mobile phone camera, that is how things look in terms of lighting.

Things run much better now though.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok I cheated. I renamed player.plr to player_old.plr so now I just went back and renamed to player_old.fuc and now I have TWO new plr files LOL but now that I understand hopefully can straighten it out from here.m thanks.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I just set the file in a whole different folder (outside the game that is) and so I can put it back when something goes wrong..... ;)

Now first; it seems logical to get rid of all the .plr files you have in the game and save the original somewhere else.

9. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Excellent. :)

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't understand; why, what's it good for and why is it excellent? Sounds like a good thing.....but I don't get it :(

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes it should. But I am assuming, based on the changes.

12. 88mphTim

You'd need to ask Gjon. As I've said many times, there are times when I don't answer someone because I don't have an answer for their question.

13. 88mphTim

If you run in a league with 1 car, 1 track, with rF2. You could just download those rfcmps, and the server could create a vmod for them, and nobody has to download a whole series rfmod from us. Just an example.

14. DocJones

DocJones Registered

It's just not practical to have, say Mills 1.0 in mod a, Mills 1.2 in an update to mod a and Mills 1.3 in mod b, all required to be able to run on Mills 1.3. You basically have to have almost everything released by ISI installed to be able to 'get mod' a vmod right now. This does work atm for people with time to keep themselves informed on the current status of rF2. Not everybody has the time though. People who race rF2 ocasionally only have problems already with the installation of vmods because of missing tracks because of missing mods they actually have no interest in at all. A year or two from now it would become a total nightmare to give people advice on what mods to install to get track so-and-so in it's current version.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  15. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Intriguing! The last update to creating a vmod in MAS2.exe and registering it with just one mouseclick instead of the manual process in the launcher was a great step forward. If there was an option for that being automated when starting the server... well... intriguing!

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right... I must have missed that info, thanks for correcting me.

I`ll check it out and see how it looks with just practice enabled. :)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Graphics quality is hugely improved. The excessive jaggies I and others have been complaining about (that were in rF1, too) are finally gone!!! With AMD card, even in Adaptive Mult-sampling AA the appearance is about the same as Super-sampling was in prior builds. Super-sampling now looks like it should--crisp, clean images with no distracting visual "vibrations."

Problem is that to achieve this frame rates have been cut in half (with identical maxed-out settings on card). Also, card performance is better than "application controlled."

My frame rates were barely tolerable before...I was waiting and hoping for a major optimization. Strange thing now also is that although Super-sampling looks best, the difference in frame rates between it and Adaptive Multi-sampling is not that big (as compared to before). Although the visual difference is also smaller.

We got the visual optimization, but I am afraid that the performance boost side of the equation will not be coming ever or anytime soon :(

18. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

i have try to set "transparent trainer" i have put it on "best", when i get on the track the game says its saving the lap for "transparent trainer", but i cant se the ghost car.
    How do you load and save the trainer?

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok back to report that when practice only is selected I am getting the "zebra" effect on the track...

Was wondering why I seemed to be not getting it when everybody else was.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

On the next lap after save u will begin seeing it. However u won't if private practice is set.