[Released] Nordschleife 75 0.8 by motorfx [Updated]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by RRobert, Oct 10, 2012.

1. RRobert

RRobert Registered

New Version 0.86 Check Link Driving Italia for download

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i tryed now v0.86, but with Brabham and DFP i have the same problem.
    I have continuous shots on the steering wheel

....motorfx will probably hate me :) ,
    anyway thanks a lot for his work

4. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Damn google translate!
    What do you mean by 'shots'?

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I would presume that he means that he is getting a feeling of constantly running over holes in the track as I think he mentioned in a previous post.

6. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

shots = Shocks?

7. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Thanks for the update :)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

One lap with the Nissan GT4(sorry for the bad quality of the video!this time ACV didn't make a good work:()

9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

in all the curves it is as if there were a continuous series of small holes close to each other
    I have continuous shots on the steering wheel

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Running the 60's around this track I noticed that the car was sliding sideways on a lot of the corners and they were very rough. maybe this is why you are feeling the shots so much, because your tires are skipping across the track like a rock on a pond. :)

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It's weird looking at the rubbered track. The rubber is either all to the left or all to the right.

12. JPS

JPS Registered

As you drive around the last left turn which brings you back onto the main straight (in front of the pit lane), there is a weird pine tree on your left that strangely appears both infront and also behind other trees. It also passes through the building on the left side of the straight.

There are a few other trees throughout the track that do this, but this one is the most obvious / distracting.

Best time so far: 9:22.151 in Spark F2B.
    Having lots of fun!

EDIT: never post your best time in a forum. Because as soon as you do you will immediately go set a faster one. 9:17.706 in Spark F2B... with the white knuckles to show for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes I have noticed this .pretty innatural thing!I think that I will stop to drive in this circuite because it's killing my G27!

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Rough surface for grip on inside of "some" corners not "ALL"

I dont get any "shots' its lovely just feeling for bumpy surface feels natural to me. ?

This is obviously bad FF for people not the track, get rid of the Logitech.

15. buzard

buzard Registered

Is there anywhere to get 0.80? New version won't work for a mod. Every time a track gets updated mod get broken.

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I'm not a modder, but afaik this is due to the low polygon count of the road. RealRoad works on polygons, if the road is only two polygons wide you either get rubber left, rubber right or rubber left and right. Thats why i (politely) asking to enhance the mod to a more polygon wide road.

17. JPS

JPS Registered

>> this is due to the low polygon count of the road.

Yes. The track model dates back to 1996 GPL development days. No amount of fiddling with TDF or FFB settings is going to make it feel great in a modern physics and FFB engine. The stairstep nature of the low-poly track surface will forever seem sub-par. But it's still fun and a great challenge. Thank goodness we have appropriate cars at this point to get the most out of what it is.

Take it for what it is: a fond romp down memory lane.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not sure about others, but I too am loving it even with my G27 :) and yes Dirge, not all corners, I was just trying to help the other guy get his point across. I personally don't mind the bumps as it let's me know to be careful heheh.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes this must be the reason I have always felt GPL conversion inferior people wrongly assume that as fanboy talk, just a opinion GPL terrain feels more alive to me as opposed to conversions.
    Funny no one ever pointed out this low poly problem over the years in other sims.

Yeah I have no problem with this "low poly" problem. :)

I was just thinking the jolt/shot may be increased with Logitech considering the amount of people have unnatural feelings with them.

Same was true with Mountain Forest I had people in there comment it was "jolty" when in say Spa or Monza they never mentioned it.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This track is supposed to be super bumpy, the car is supposed to be constantly crashing on it's suspension on this track, try to listen to race car drivers talkin about it on articles or some YouTube vids.

Race cars pick up bumps you didn't even know existed AT ALL in a road car, not even n a high performance road car, so imagine a track like this that has bumps that are bad even for road cars.

You have to modify your technique in many places due to the severity of road irregularities, especially when you are near grip limits