rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Define 'work with Motec'. In-GUI telemetry is, as far as I know, an unknown at this point. There'll be Motec-compatible logging plugins for sure, so that'll be a backup if there's no built-in option or people still prefer Motec. I can't imagine transferring plugins will be too difficult, especially initially, so I know I for one will be updating mine to work. If it happens to come with its own telemetry that does a good job then that'll be a bonus.

Motec compatible out of the box - I doubt it. The i2 Pro license forbids use with unsupported logging devices, so unless there's an actual tie with them I doubt they can actually support it as part of rF2.

2. Grubby

Grubby Registered

Thanks for your reply, yeah happy with a plugin.

Love what Motec can do.

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Was I wrong to be expecting another Q&A by now?

4. fastorro

fastorro Registered

Me too!!!

jejeje

5. shum94

shum94 Registered

October is near and rF 2 is supposedly to be schedule for 2011 and it's very quiet. Some infos about the developpment would be nice.

6. DeDios

DeDios Registered

Personally i don't care about release date, i'm doing an another (probably the last) championship with rF and i'm really happy. I'm sure ISI guys are 100% busy with rF2 so..when will be some news we'll see it here.

7. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

21 december 2012 is close too...Take it ISI,it's just my idea,but i think when it's ready we will see it:cool:

Seriously:they've said and confirmed many times that before christmas we'll be driving it,so why keep asking?The answer's still the same isn't it?

8. StopPt

StopPt Registered

i also dont trust the 2011 release date 100% because very few games are released with such little news or publicity so close before the launch date. even bad games have publicity and news before so a game like rfactor 2 wich has a big comunity should have more news. and if they are aiming for new players and not only the thousands of fans then they wont succeed because noone knows abaut rf2

9. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

ISI is not a big company with millions of $$$ and they're not releasing a "game" as f1 2011 or something you'll find in your gamestop near home so quick;
    they'll probably put more effort in working the software than spending resources to publicize it...After all,if you know about rF2 as all people here,probably have known about rF1 for the good ones about it,not for the "spot" on tv or games-magazine;
    by the way,if the red bull f1 team uses rFactor PRO I think they've no doubt about the success,even if you warned them ;)
    C'mon guys reeeeelax

By the way,if R. Barrichello,Massa and some others real life drivers uses rF's clone to entertain theirself in spare time or training, I think that publicity is already enough to know about ISI's existance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011
  10. StopPt

StopPt Registered

i agree but for all of us that are waitting with great expectations a little glimpse or news would settle us down for a moment xD and im talking about the people here wich are probably adicted or were adicted to rf1 (like myself) we would like news. and new users could be drawn to rf if they heard news or publicity. but im not aware of the budget or marketing plan so, ill shut up now

11. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

Well. They said that they dont comment release date but question is. Do they know it or not. If they do then they must have good reason for keep it secret. If they dont then this may not be released when we expect that. I mean we maybe dont see it in 2011. So if I get answer that ISI knows exactly when game will be out then thats enaugh for me :) For now :D

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm still betting on a 2013 release.

13. theother5

theother5 Registered

This thread, of late, has almost gone in the general direction of "pointlessness" regarding release dates and speculation .... I wish it wouldn't but anyway.

Now was there a suggestion of a second 'Question and Answer' in addition to this threads OP ?

My immediate questions would include :-

-) Can you provide an overview of the support tools etc for the mod devs post release?

-) Will there be short cut / keyboard bindings for things like garage car setup options?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  14. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

When is open beta ready?

15. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

When the closed tests are finished. ;)

16. DeDios

DeDios Registered

One question after last shots: no way to see the rear of car in mirrors? would be a great addiction for realism.

17. simfan

simfan Registered

It's possible in rf1.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Possible if we talk in general (you can do that), but if we get into details, you can't do it as should be. rF 1 have only one POV for all mirrors. That works on an acceptable level for OW and for cockpit mirror in "closed" cars, but not for their external mirrors.
    I asked many times for it to be somehow fixed (by providing one FOV per mirror for example) and I really hope they will implement that.

19. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

Hi again,
    time ago i made some questions and didnt saw any reply,well they pointed me to search...

I hope this time to get answer from dev or anyone who knows.
    We saw great vids,pics etc..Everything looks great,aewsome,many features to come..

My only question is:
    Hows the feeling when driving?
    Hows the ffb?
    The only sim that feels realistic and good for me its netkar pro but unfortunatly has other negatives..But when i drive there i feel very good,seems much realistic.
    For me the first thing i see in a sim or racing title is the feeling-physics-ffb,i find them most important.
    We saw many things about rfactor 2 that it will have and everyone cant wait i suppose...

Can any dev or anyone who knows tell us some things about feeling..?How is it when u drive in rfactor 2?
    One dev said he cant play rfactor 1 cause in 2 is much better-realistic.Can we have more information pls?

Thanks in advance.

PS: pls guys i know how much u like rfactor 1 or 2 or any title but pls let me take my answers cause for me these are things that are important for me and im dying to learn how they will be.I dont want to say nkpro its better or worst im saying just as a reference,thanks.

20. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I have asked for that fix as well. You need a setting for more than 1 mirror as it never looks right. Also the ability to adjust each mirror seperately instead of all at the same time. If you run self in cockpit the side mirrors are useless in most cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.