rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

21.12.2012 is the end of the world. we only drive rF2 for 1-3 months mabye. :D

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

As long as they get the core game components strait then graphics and details can come later. Try to think what can't be modded in rF1.. thats what needs to be working 100% before the release. Everything else they can update.

3. simfan

simfan Registered

So, in Q4 2011 we will get few cars, few tracks, maybe simple weather system, and new UI? :D
    In next year we will get next few cars from ISI, maybe some from moders, and new function to weather system and real track v0.8 or maybe some graphic updates :D
    New tire model will be in initial version or maybe later? :p (just kidding)

Don't get me wrong. I know what you're talking about, but I just don't understand this "ISI style" ;)

OndrejKo was asking about release date. This is from 25 march, almost 6 months ago.
    So now we can say, that something went wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  4. tyrrel

tyrrel Registered

dead bees do not buzz

5. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

Okay but GFX seems to be implemented now, at least ISI announced that they are implementing the post fx effects on Twitter last week, tire model is far in progress too, as we can see in the "newest" footage, camara, replay and UI isn't a big deal either.
    But I agree it's very strange that there isn't any release date or new information, there is something running very wrong in terms of marketing :/

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I agree with the last post.. I'm eagerly awaiting and earlier this year I couldn't bother the fact that we didn't get an update every week but I think a new tweet every 3 days with a screen here and there isn't very much asked... or am I wrong?

7. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

+1, PR dont seem to be a focus or the best side of ISI, better presentations with vidoes/trailers or Something would only be benifitial at this stage of develupment.

8. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Honestly, I do not think they are working 100% in the game. Rather I think they work when they have time on their other businesses.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know something.....the FACT that none of us TRULY know what is going on!!

I'm sure the keeness shown in this thread is giving ISI a wry smile ;)

10. theother5

theother5 Registered

ISI have set an expectation that rFactor 2 will release in 2011. September is underway and that leaves October, November and December. Mind you, somehow, Q4, 2010 was a previous expectation and that did not happen. [hey, just sayin']

Well, I hope that ISI know what's going on [but I understand what you mean, about none of 'us'. And I agree though I think all the 'keeness', is a good thing even if it sometimes it gets a little over the top.

Here's hoping for nice rF2 for Christmas!

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

of course ISI know whats going on, none of us (including me I might add!) truly know so everything posted above about this that and the other is prue guess work.

12. simfan

simfan Registered

Maybe they added post fx and were shocked how it great looks and they are playing all the time and don't have time to work on it :D

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

it is a shame about the lack of communication...i know a number of long running leagues that have fallen apart because the shine has been knocked out of rFactor thru old age and the frustration of not knowing whats going on with rF2 ... drivers have moved away onto other things...and yes the drivers will come back when rF2 is released but the leagues wont

p.s. Tim Wheatley Last Post 08-20-2011 03:49 AM....great job you're doing mate!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
  14. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

You will get info when there is info to post. What is the problem with that?

BTW: Tim has other things to do, too. He is now a very proud father of a liddle baby, and she is beautiful. :) ISI is working hard to get the best out of rFactor 2. Let them WORK!

15. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Maybe they'll START all this stuff in 3 months other than finish?
    Take in mind tha rF2 is a long term product and ISI will release some add-on content and/or patches in the next YEARS to come....
    If you're waiting a complete game to play maybe 21-12-2012 is a realistic release date(if the world is still alive LOL),but imho don't expect a full product before this date;
    ISI are a small team and they are counting on us for feedback and growing rF2,so I hope that when the open beta will start(this year),everyone wold taking part in helping them finding bugs and giving our support,so they can finish their masterpiece. ;)

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Just a clarification: the open beta possibility raised following the post here
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/951-Some-new-WIP-Tire-Vids?p=11507&viewfull=1#post11507

because Tim resumed a Twitter post dated 2009 just to remind what Gjon wrote, but ISI never officially talked about the modality of the initial release. :)

Said that, imo Cris_Ace post makes sense ... if you look to rF as a record, the development was completed with v1250, almost 3 years after the first release. :)

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

when you quote my posts dont pick them apart...i wrote what the problem is in my post so no need for you to ask again

BTW: Many people have babies and still capable of doing there job.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

19. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

True, but since clearly they have learned how the majority will react to stuff, it's quite brave for instance to post non-final visuals. The majority will not understand and I would just not release any such stuff, just let them wait. Sure many will cry about not getting anything thing, but many will cry whatever. It's a shame but that's just the way it is. That said it's quite nice of them to share their work with us even if they know they'll get crap for it.

20. simfan

simfan Registered

You are taking everything too seriously ;)

Great article Tim :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.