rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. pitkin

pitkin Registered

I think it would be nice to have more stats to browse. Maybe store the finishing records, poles, fastest laps, podiums etc of the AI drivers into the RCD files so we could see how particular drivers are doing in their careers agianst the player. It would be another dimension in the game, trying be the driver who has the best totals.

2. tomekf248

tomekf248 Registered

1. Seperate qualifying sessions for racing classes (like in LMS. Prototypes and GTs has seperate qualifying sessions).

2. Would be great to see a new game mode - Racing Event. In rF1 I have to set everything every time when I want to start a race. In my vision some of races would be predefined and only you have to do is select an event from a list. It's smiliar to 24h races in GTR2. http://goo.gl/g2OIz

3. doggod

doggod Registered

tomekf248 Is that a design you came up with yourself or is that available for gtr2
    looks very good either way

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Realistic use of a starter button

I had mentioned somewhere that I would like the option to have a car spawn on the track, ignition off. Having to toggle on the ignition and press my nice shiny starter button. But it is an un-satisfying event when you can press it for 2/10ths of a second and then you hear a 2 second long recorded start sound that just occurs ending with the car running regardless of the press duration. Instead you should have to hold the starter down for as long as it takes to start the car. Too short it doesn't start. Too long it may damage the starter. With my other request for carburetor simulation you would need to hold the starter and pump the gas to get it started.

5. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Thats the only thing I see that would be a Major Need fior RF2- ISI Can handle the Sim factor portion of the game without anyone telling them what they should have.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

How about rF content like high quality laser scanned tracks, released by ISI as payed/chargable addons? Having tracks of quality like in iRacing...mmm, that would be something :)

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I can see that working. Kind of like an expansion pack. New tracks and cars made professionally. Something like a Ferrari pack. Every street Ferrari ever made, Licensed, all in red.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

please, solve z-fighting issues in rF2.

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

In-Game assignable keys or ANALOG inputs to adjust game volume and FFB strength. Adjusting FFB strength with an analog control would be heaven on earth. Every mod is different and using keys with real feel is hurky jerky.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Rather force modders to make suspension geometry correct. Then you won't have to change FF anytime. ;)

11. Jon Weal

Jon Weal Registered

A "doom mode" a la netKar pro would be pretty cool. Particularly when racing classic cars that didn't have sophisticated telemetry systems. It would also be good to be able to go and stand on a corner and watch other driver's lines or take screen shots. Or to go and sit on the pit wall and perhaps chat to other drivers in the server. Basically, a natty little tool like that would add a bit of fun and might provide easter egg moments or something!

To be able to model "rivers" running across a track would be good if rain is getting modelled.

Essentially, if you can do it in the real world, rF2 should attempt to model it.

12. PerntN

PerntN Registered

I would like to have calibrating inside of rFactor. I have no problems to calibrate inside of the sim in any papyrus/iRacing title but due to my usb pedals sometimes not discovered during boot it's not that good trying to calibrate with the Windows Control Panel stuff.

13. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

Career-Mode
    Hi everyone,

it would be nice to have a better Career Mode.

So this is my vision:

At first you have to choose which type of car you want to drive: Open Wheeler, Touringcar or Offroad.

Then you choose the region you want to start your career ( North-America, Europe, ... )

You start at the age of 10 with Kart-Races. First local races, then continental races.

Then you'll get your first race car from your dad with a small budget.
    You can sign in for first championships, get prize money and offers from sponsors.
    ( it would be cool to start with a bare car, and put more and more sticker from the sponsors on it )

All the time you have to pay for travel costs, tyres, etc.

Maybe you can start as paydriver for other teams in long distance races or somthing like this.

Later when you have first achievements you'll get offers from other teams to drive bigger championship for them.

and so you'll make your way....

But the important thing in my vision is, that all tracks you have in rfactor 2 ( ISI + community tracks ) are visible on the MAP and you can change the used tracks, point system, allowed cars ( all cars you have in rfactor ( ISI + community cars )) distance, etc..

The second big thing is the CALENDAR: If you create a championship you have to appoint a date for every race, and with the rfactor 2 weather system the game would set temperature and weather ( if you dating a race in April in England, the rain probability would be very high with a temperature of about 16°C, and a race in Dubai in August would have a rain probability of 0% and temperatures of 60°C.)

14. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

That would be a nice thing to add. It's very used on many games these days, the "story mode".

Only problem is that some games have shifted their efforts on creating a more story focused game than a proper physics game. You know, it's all about where you want to put your efforts, and I clearly would rather have them at the physics ;)

15. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

No, I don't want a ,,Story-Mode". The only Videoclip/Cartoon should be when you get your first own car and maybe a small sequence when you stand on the podium.
    I know that many people here won't use it, but I hope that some new comer will buy the game, and they need a singleplayer to practice.
    With my idea ISI could focus their work on physics, because the mods will fill the career.

16. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

Hoping for the most authentic sounding onboard F1 sounds..To me, authentic engine sounds are more important than graphics. Can anyone share a tutorial on how to create sounds for mods. ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  17. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

I didn't follow the whole topic, but now we have
    No separation for tarmac, grass, gravel and wet versions.. slick tires will behave different on grass/gravel than a tread tire.

There are also nonsymmetric tire treads :)

I think that flatspots were mentioned before?

And the DEBRIS parts. If they were made from 2 or 3 separete objects, that we could lose half of front wing, or 1/3 of the bumper, if we want to fix, whole part would be replaced.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I would like to see something realy simple in rF2 (for the users anyways)

A button which changes your rf2 user interface back to default.

We are in our off-season atm which mean we have fun with different mods and event.
    We test allot of mods and in doing so it became aparent once again how anoying it can be that almost each mod you install changes rfactor (to an extend or completely)

The Historicx mod must be one of the more extreme examples where there is nothing left of the original rf UI and when selecting other mods you still have the (for me awefull) Historicx interface.
    (not to mention that the mod forces reelfeal which is a pita)
    (and not to mention the fact that if you change it back to default in Historicx you get a server mismatch)

Other mods have for example a completely new spinner, huge 3D garages which looks awesome but take so much time to load, when you are going through the cars lists of a mod this becomes realy irritating.

I fully understand modmakers wanting to do this and appreciate the work as it is. in fact knowing me if would do even more if i knew how to make mods :D

But at the end of the day i keep going back into the files of rfactor to change it back to normal or get rid of surtain items a modmaker has added.
    and each off-season (twice a year) i think, how did i do this again, and have to figure how what to do in order to......or we have to explain it over and over again to our members
    realy anoying (with all due respect)

So it would be great if the was an override button in rf2, 'click' and you are back to the original rf2 interface.

19. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Well, about that, there is a quite simple way of erasing other mods' UIs. Just look into the UI folder and copy all of the files that are not folders from other mods and insert them in this very folders that have the name of the mod. That should make them work as the default ISI UI, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, had you read the HistorX manual for installation, is it strongly recommended to do a specific install for our mod. ;)

20. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

in rf2 you will be able to install several UIs and change them from within the menu.