rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KDSR Wing H8a

KDSR Wing H8a Registered

The option/ability to not have the laps under caution count towards the total laps run.

Meaning: At the moment you can schedule a 30 lap race, and if ....

"// Whether caution laps are counted towards the total number of laps; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.
    CountCautionLaps = 0
    "

is set to "0" and you run 20 laps under caution, the lap total displayed on rF1 will show as 50 (30 green + 20 yellow = 50 total)

It would be good to have the option to select 'only show green flag laps in lap total' or something similar.

Thanks

2. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

If the track does not have a right turn, not allow it to load in rF2 please?

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Text to speech for chat if your out on track would be good.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm asked for various type of car lights.

Now I would ask for better headlight model. Currently headlights distance is strictly limited by texture, doesn't matter of view-to-lighting angle. It may be correct approach for lightening road surface. But in reality even if road is brightened,for example, up to 50m, objects placed beyond this distance are illuminated also if those are placed in front of light and driver eyes (for example other cars or barriers at 100m)

I want to also ask for verify method of drawing shadows. WIP pictures confirm that method is the same as in rF1 - darker texture placed over model already processed by shaders. It resulting unreal effects: object in shadow is still illuminated by light source (ie sun) but darker. Please consider another approach: give shader information about where is no (directional) light. Then shader will decide what to draw: light reflection or shadow.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ability to swap wheels/tires in a Pit Stop, i.e. RF with LR instead of new tires. Just like they did in the V8Supercars at Symmons Plains this weekend.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Pit limiter light indicator in cockpit. And possibility for other scripted lights in cockpit.

7. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Will be good to have also animations for some moving spoilers (Veyron, SLR alike), pop-up headlamps and also in the cockpit, for the gearbox and driver movements, if implemented.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Fix the feasibility of large grids. The way it loads and renders makes MANY high-res cars an impossibility.

96 HistorX cars handles like this.. and only loaded after I patched the rFactor EXE with this guys 4Gig of ram fixer. http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Topic: Sound-Engine
    Wish: Overlapping external engine-sounds in tv-cams (crossfade)
    Source: F1 Race Abu-dhabi
    Explanation: I always asked myself, what is rF missing compared to real-life when viewing the tv-trackcam's. When changing from one cam to the next in real-life the sound stays for 1 or 2 seconds and fades-in and -out (crossfades). Just like a mixtape when one track fades into another... This is a huge difference compared to rF, where the sound is getting "cut-off".

Understood? :p

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@ZeosPantera
    Blame track creators, for not providing enough garages and maybe wrong AI paths.

As for 4GB patch - we were discussed that recently in other thread. ISI probably (that's my opinion, based on what I experienced in the past) changed one flag in recent exe files (around 1.255 patch), becase long ago I was able to run rF over 2GB without any patches.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

well i am not complaining about the crapstorm because of lacking pit spaces.. But it taking SOOO long to load the track and then switching to race it takes even longer.. It should just load the track empty then load the AI one at a time instead of 96 cars all at once. Same thing on the grid.

12. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

Not sure if this has been brought up or not..
    but Night race shadows from the night lights.. this would make things a bit more real looking..
    i would have made a few more night tracks, if it were possible to have proper shadows created from the night lighting..

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

would be fine, but it will hit performance for sure.
    Take into account that through a day you have single light source (a sun). At night you may have 10 and more. Additionaly with current shadows model it would look wird.
    But I hope ISI will take care about it.

14. Gambero

Gambero Registered

probably I'm late for suggesting but anyway

server list: filter servers from mod installed on rF2
    tracks: download and install from an official repository the track needed by the server

15. Marek Lesniak

Will it be possible to implement into rF 2 some sort of a virtual tyre testing facility? Section, where tyre can be tested under different loads, speeds, cambers etc. like tyre manufacturers do with real life tyres?
    That should significantly improve work on tyre physics, compared to how we do that in rF 1.

16. Malik

Malik Registered

Have not kept up with thread, so hopefully this has not been said already...if it has sorry for that...

One thing i would like to see would be different colored name flags above the cars depending on car class....I have found myself racing cars that were in different classes because I didnt know....maybe its simple and dumb....but can be helpfull in large leagues with up to 4 classes per series

17. Crash

Crash Registered

Please, Please, Please - Improved, more reliable Hot Swapping :)

Our league often runs hot-swap events, endurance style races where driving is shared between 2, or more drivers. This is an awesome feature and really makes for fun events and makes rfactor stand-out against other sims which dont have this featue.

Unfortunately in rf1 it's unreliable, sometimes crashing during a swap bombing the car out of the race, sometimes stuck on track with no drivers connected and so on. A more reliable implementation would be fantastic

18. Malik

Malik Registered

Few more I thought of...

Allow for "skinning" of tracks...A lot of leagues might enjoy having custom banners around the tracks..track modders could designate certain adverts around the track as "skins"

Have a "revert to last change" button in the garage...so if you change something you dont have to write down or remember your exact changes...if you dont like how it runs you can go back to garage and revert back to the last save.

Allow for pit notes...a notepad for how that setup felt, your time and maybe even fuel consumption....so next time you use that setup you can re-read ur notes.

19. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Also, it would be good for the engine's to have the following data implemented:

- Fuel pressure
    - Battery voltage
    - Oil pressure

And the obvious problems of running these values out of their normal ranges modelled in the engine's mechanical problems...

I would also recommend not one, but two variables for fuel consumption. So far there is only one value that depends on revs, but with two values, one for minimal and one for maximum fuel consumption. This should not be a problem to set for the rF1 cars conversion, as putting the same values in both would make it exactly the same as in rF1. Makes sense, right? just in case, I'll explain: some cars consume differently when driving slowly compared to other cars when driving fast. This cannot be simulated in rF1 and it should be quite simple to implement in the engine files.

20. Marek Lesniak

Fuel consumption depends on engine revs and throttle position.

Oil pressure is implemented, but we don't have any infuence on it AFAIK.
    You can read it on analog gauge with:
    OilPressureRange=(, , , )
    OilPressureNeedle=(, )
    OilPressureCenter=(, )
    OilPressureBackground=
    OilPressureNeedlemap=
    OilPressureClockwise=