rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, indeed. but. i dont want to have to go into rfactor every time i install something. i mean after an install i am renaming movie files, getting rid of airgun sounds that constantly loop on surtain tracks, i'm changing ui files , deleting reelfeel files. having to 'buy' and upgrade just to get the default FFB back.
    Let alone having to explain it to people. i dont allways remember what i did when i changed something, especialy a mod that has been there for a long time.
    And in the case of Historicx we have to change the server settings to allow mismatches in order to cater for people whome have been changing back to default ui.
    its abit much sometimes.

I'm not slacking the mod though! we have been using it allot this off season and its an absolute joy to drive these cars :)

Regarding the specific install. i dont want more then 2 rF installs realy. one is for league racing and one is for testing mods. i realy dont want to have to have a 3rd installment just because a mod is different then others.

That is good news :)

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Here is a modified RFM for the HistorX mod. http://www.mediafire.com/?bx055gmtxqc

We had to make sure everyone we race with had it exactly the same or else there would be mis-match errors. So this has the UI change commented out. Also you can delete the image that says "please restart your rfactor" and the standard UI is used.
    [​IMG]

I have also just gotten to the point of deleting all the Movie files. Including the ISI one.

3. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

I haven't checked if this is proposed already, but perhaps it would be nice to have some sort of maintenance simulation. So for instance if a league is running a championship, they can set a maximum maintenance budget for it. If people exceed that budget they get points penalties with the height of the penalty set by the league admin.

This certainly not intended to apply to all rFactor racing, but for those that want the cost/maintenance aspect of motorsport, which is quite significant in real life, this would give them an option to add another level of realism to their simracing.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There are hundreds of such features which MAY BE added to rf2.
    Why to do that if you can write own manager system out of simulation?

From experience: one-in-all solutions are ineffective, not flexible and can't satisfy everyone needs. But on other side involve developers, cost time and money.
    Think about it.

5. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

To enhance the desirability of your racing sim out of the box.

Sure and I don't care that much who implements it, but if cost and money were the major deciding factors we could just as well dump this whole wishlist or in fact rFactor 2 completely. What is important is if the resources required way up against the merit of the proposal. That is not up to me to decide, but it won't stop me from suggesting possible features.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yea... you are free to ask for:
    - render replays directly to youtube, vimeo and other video services
    - put results to FB automatically
    - update your blog with results and screenshots of your best actions automaticaly
    - send SMS to your best friends during a race with live results
    - racing manager build-in
    - build-in graphics tool to draw skins (why to use PS or gimp for that?)
    ... and other stupid stuff.

Why stupid? Try to answer yourself.

7. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we were discussing the above items.

Cost and maintenance play a major role in real life racing. Any title that calls itself a race simulation without addressing this aspect of real life racing is leaving out a vast part of what it is claiming to simulate. I fully sympathise with the fact that also for developers time and money spend are critically important and therefore I feel confident that the developers can set their own priorities. I apologize for the stupidity of sharing what I would want from a race simulation, I'll go and search for a more appropriate thread. ;)

Perhaps we're just having a bad day.

8. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

i will be very happy, if i see that this motion cockpit view "integrated" into the rFactor2. hope? :)

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

IMO it's quite not natural which was discussed on our iR forum.
    It shows cockpit movement in relation to ground, not to driver eyes or more, to what driver see (visual input processed by a brain).
    The effect on this video is overdone. In short, in real live you cannot see such kind of cockpit movements like in this video.

Of course there are people who like it and say that it help them in driving. But anyone should think if it brings sim closer to reality or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  10. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

It simulates rubber telescopic neck rather well :D

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Some FOV tweaks and head physics adjustment and you will be fine.

Best test of head physics is proper FOV and the GMC bus mod on Project B off-road course. EDIT NOTE> I moved my view via the cam file to behind the drivers seat. So when I really bottom out that is what pops up obstructing my view.

New (or old) REQUEST.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ANALOG HANDBRAKE INPUT

Richard Burns Rally seems to be the only sim (haven't checked them all) that accepts an analog Handbrake input. Annoying that rFactor doesn't support this as I would like to build an ebrake lever but not if all it is going to be is a button. Should not be a hard thing to implement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  12. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

Mirrors - now we can set them like they were at the same height but in roadcars/gt/touring, side mirrors are lower than rearview mirrors 20-40cm. Also modders make the car mirrors like they want. Sometimes on side mirror i can see whole rear wing! sometimes it shows me only the wall.

What i would like is separate settings/adjusting for the mirrors (left, center and right) so I can set them, incar like i want. It's nice done in the Hard Truck or 18WOS series. And also modders should be able to set the mirrors position(x,y,z) - separately, than we could see ie. exterior of the vehicle. Wide-angle mirrors probably can be done while mapping the mirrors?

:)

13. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

We need more official ISI road tracks, with unfortunately few (exception for example: Salzburgring v1.0 by com8 and Fuji 82-93 v1.0 by VLM...) the really sophisticated, nice work. the historic track in belgium (by ISI) are simple amazing at the youtube video. This track is very detailed, very good job!

Or maybe DLC? And why is not there already a tracks list for us? Possible this is very important for the builders of the track.

14. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

I was thinking about it, and indeed, may be you are right. The view from the cockpit in the iRacing (motion cockpit view) are realy Not too "realistic". (and sorry guys my bad english.. )

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The ability to Alt-Tab in and out without issues. Most new games can do this. rF1 is a crapshoot.

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's not Alt-tab problem.
    It's problem with handling bugs in mods.

In that case 'bug' word must not be a 'mistake' while making mod. It may be related to things unspecified by rf creators or things working different in various moments. For example path format (with or without ending slash etc)

17. KennySabarese

KennySabarese Registered

Forza style rewind if you screw up a corner (would only work when racing against AI or during practice of course)

Training mode that allows you to repeat a single turn and helps you find the fastest line by tracking your time and exit speed

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yeah, it's so real.

19. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

The ability to dispense doses of prozac to calm down everyone who doesn't get their wish. And I suspect that's going to be a lot of people. :)

The only thing I wish for from rF2 is something to stop my Skip Barber withdrawal symptoms.

Ok, and decent AI. And world peace.

20. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Lol at those two above. Thanks for posting!