rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Figured I would compile a few of the wishlists I have come across in my travels on various sim forums. I have contributed quite a few things and posting them here should help get some feedback from ISI and the really hard core amongst you.

http://www.racesimcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?5651-rFactor2-Wishlist&p=51835

http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor-2/14901-rfactor-2-wishlist.html

Also, please use this thread to make new request you don't see in the other 2 threads.

Please use the following format to add a wish.

then explain it thoroughly below

Separate Requests with lines. Here is an example request

For the UI, the ability to change it to be very utility oriented instead of the flashy modern ipod-esque shuffle view seen in the ISR ep 61.

A good example would be thumbnailed tracks (maybe 20 on screen) or switch to a text only detail view with Length, Miles driven, Install date, and creator that may popup the layout if you hover over it. For cars there can also be thumbnails but in detail could be make, model, horsepower, odometer, mod name and creator columns all sortable so if I want to see what car I drive the most I can just sort by odometer. Not everything needs to work like a damned ipod.

2. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

I was just wondering if car upgrades could be selected INTO the server and not before entering it
    that would be great in example when playing vintage f1 and mounting qualifing engine during pratice and common engine for the race;ai far as I know in rFactor 1 this couldn't have done due to prior car/upgrades selection
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    also it would be great to have the voice command for the spotter,as also seen in the latest version of spotter plugin made by carlomaker;when planning a strategy for the pit it would be very useful to have an utility like that
    http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=39100
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    then a better support for the clutch/3 pedals shifter mode would be really appreciate (clutch should work as a must have it pressed for changing the gear,when set in the upgrades/server options ;-)

3. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

I think that car selection or perhaps even mod selection should be possible after having loaded the track. Also car specs should be visible in the garage.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I've postet my wishlist on RSC foum, but there's one worth repeating:

So, server-side plugins that control the race, sessions, safety car, start lights, pit lights, and other race-weekend related stuff. Could possibly also store/restore tyre & engine wear across sesions (or even race weekends by using export/import) and so on.

This way community would be able to write "Oval" plugin, "Indianapolis 500" plugin, "Formula 1" plugin, "24H LeMans" plugin, "Rally" plugin etc. When hosting a race, you would simply select a "rule set", which would be nothing more than an ini file describing plugin .dll filename and list of parameters for this plugin.

Basic behavior would still be implemented in RFactor, and used as default, when plugin does not interfere.

Garage could have "storage", where you can have a number of uniquely identified engines, tyre sets, and other parts.

Player would be able to add new item to garage ("I'm out of engines, give me new one") or remove ("I've blown this tyre, trash this set of tyres").
    Combined with plugin system above, this storage could be stored and preserved across sesions or race weekends.
    Ability to repair items would be great (especially combined with good plugin for rally stages).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  5. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

I'll see if I can edit my post to conform to your layout later. Post would get quite long though.

Server browser
    - Allow to see who is on a server
    - Implement a well working friends system, seeing which friends are online and on what server
    - Add an internet based server browser including above friends system and connect option
    - Don't refresh server list when switching to settings etc.

Map/mod organizations
    - Auto-downloading maps/mods (with a certification system to prevent auto loading low quality or virus infected stuff)
    - Indicate mod/track incompatibility in the server list (as in player does not have this mod/track) and don't connect and start loading a track if the player doesn't have the track.

Video
    - Export option in youtube ready format (I believe rFactor already supports this if you select "XVID" in a certain rFactor file).
    - Allow browsing of replays in replay menu, not having to go back to main.
    - Higher resolution output.
    - Allow video insert with view on pedals and their operation by the driver (player needs to select left or right foot braking first also to determine if heel-toeing is used and need to be displayed).

Rating system
    - Implement a decent driver rating system, with rating for speed, cuts, contacts and spins (and make it compare identical cars only).
    - Allow admins to set server access based on thresholds for speed, cuts, contacts and spins.
    - Make the ratings ranking system visible at the server browser website, the in game server browser and on server if player and server admin chooses to
    - In the (internet) server browser give an indication of the average rating level of the drivers on that server (for instance by using a colour or icon system).

Server set up
    - Allow for multiple blue flag options (like lower class can maintain line when lapped like in LMS)
    - Allow smaller increments for fuel and tire use multipliers

Garage:
    - Allow car switching in garage (or even mod switching)
    - Show car specs (max power revolutions is rather important)
    - Always maintain chat box
    - Split fuel amount number in came in with and going out with fuel
    - Option to calculate fuel and tire use for the driver.
    - Allow the game to set the wheel degrees, it's then up to the wheel makers to support this. F1 or for instance Historic GT/TC requires very different steering wheel settings, this option makes it no longer necessary to go out of the game and adjust it each time in the wheel interface.

Race (lost many a race due to the last two):
    - Allow player to set tire changes option before the race in stead of only during, just like with fuel.
    - Make damage repair first item in pit menu not last and thus invisible without scrolling down.
    - Give player option before the race whether or not to auto-repair, possible implementing a damage threshold.

FFB
    - Suspension based FFB
    - Easier FFB mod management, mod makers can supply their mod with a editable FFB file that auto loads the best settings for each car and steering wheel

Physics
    - More loss of grip at steep tire angles (around the longitudinal axis not the vertical, as in driving on two wheels after hitting a curb).
    - Improved tire physics.
    - Auto adjust tire grip levels based on tire width, but editable by modder (many mods currently have no relation between front rear tire width and grip levels).
    - Improved physics in general

Graphics
    - Less saturated, more realistic colours (the latest rain screenshots and video's are much nicer in this regard) or even better the ability to control this in graphic settings.
    - Higher contrast.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  6. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

Brilliant idea. :) Multiclass racing often has different blue flag rules, this would make different rule set much easier to adhere to in league and public racing.

7. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

All the above and different qualifying formats

8. GTR2fan

GTR2fan Registered

I just want dynamic rain, like GP4, rain in the source and dry at fagnes.(Spa)

9. FL!P

FL!P Registered

I think a lot of things could be improved in the UI department, too. Lists, for example. I'd expect to be able to navigate lists with the up and down arrow keys (and left and right arrow keys in multi-level lists, like in the track/car/upgrades selection screens). I'd expect pressing Return or Enter to be equivalent to clicking the default button (like Join), I'd also like my selection and scrolling position to be kept when I reload the servers list, and so on (all things that are standard in most applications that use lists). Speaking of the servers list, I'd also like the last server I was on to be automatically selected in the list (if it's still present), and a way to join a friend directly on the server where he is (à la LFS) would be great.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I would like to see better anti-cheating methods?
    Especially avoid possibility of modifying values in memory during game-play. Maybe using 3rd party software?

best regards

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Better track cutting warnings as rFactor is let down massivily by this apart from a select few tracks. iRacing does this very well and i would hope for something similar

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  12. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

My wish would be : don't rush with release, weigh every suggestion you get, and make this one stand out for an even longer time! :)

13. FODice

FODice Registered

I would like to see something like iracings 3 screen support. There's lots of peeps with eyefinity set ups now so I hope it's something they've considered.

14. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

I mostly want to see return of season racing, Rfactor required a new set of files for every event you want define for a track, which it's great having those overrides but in the end trying to put together a season for several different mods, like F1, touring, GT and sportscar that may all race on the same track but with different race lengths etc., it would turn into a mess of files. In the end not much was ever done with the championship system, specially considering everyone had their own favorite versions of tracks, so while rfm files for mods contained a season calendar few had all the other files to make it work. I'd like to see either a more defined calendar in the rfm overriding the track specific files or a seperate season file. So I can define, laps or time length, start and end times for sessions and length of sessions, etc. Just by defining it all into a single file so only thing I really need is that one track name, and I can have each mod run different events on one track. I know making new aiw's for each event for the track was the aim for the RF1 system and it's all great in theory but in the end how many ever went that extra mile with all the content out there.

I also miss the overall experience from F1C, the radio info about what's going on track, changing tire compounds, weather changing, etc. Bring all that back and let me run season after season so I can simulate a virtual career. Add to that some greatly improved ai, with what sims like GP4, GTR, Forza have done with their ai RF2's should at least be comparable, it's one of the biggest detractions from offline racing in RF. Bring all that together and I don't see anything knocking RF2 off the top spot in sims for years to come.

Finally graphics, it would be a good idea to add in some new features possibly too much for most PC's with the idea in mind that PC's are going to evolve. I can get over 400 fps in Rfactor now, so having some live cubic reflections that have been around in games for about 10 years would be agood idea, even if some can't handle it the more PC's evolve the more likely people will be using the features. Longevitiy has been the big draw for RF and I expect it will be for RF2.

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I think thats my biggest wish and the hardest to realize... A source-code (.exe) that can be updated by isi with new features. (remember the sunlight in GTR2 or the windscreen-vipers in Evo(?) which have never been applied to rF1 because it had to be done in the source)

Things like that...

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Registered

The great thing is that ISI don't even need to make this themselves - but they do need to ensure that a suitably open API exists for the server. This is tantalisingly close to being possible, even with rF1. I really hope rF2's server API gives us the extra freedom.

17. Bolk

Bolk Registered

I'd like to have a camera "director" system. Like GP4. That the current outside/inboard cam is focused on track action and accidents.

This would be perfect for unsupervised video streaming on a website. People actually watching the race online without entering the server would be such a good advertising tool for leagues.

18. bleco

bleco Registered

Transmission physics and clutch support

Hi,

can't wait for this title to be released ... will probably be the only real competitor to Iracing (I hope!).

Please work on a solid and realistic car based transmission model physics and clutch support. Presently Iracing is on top of all other available sims in regards of transmission physics. Wish rFactor 2 propose something similar but with the possibility to disable the cars authentic transmission types if we want to. Something like an in game option where we could select to use either the car real transmission type or not. (sequential paddle, sequential stick, 6+1 manual ...). A 'full sim' transmission option that would prevent some non immersive situation like using a H-gated shifter in a F1 car ... And please work on a real clutch support!!

Bleco

19. v.vukmirovich

v.vukmirovich Registered

Hi everyone!
    My first post on ISI forum and I already asking for something. :)
    Like FONismo said, this is one of the biggest problems in rF. I hosted many races in many rF leagues for last 2-3 years and this track cutting problem is real pain in the...
    As a member of a race control i spent hours and hours watching replays and implementing penalty's for track cutting. What a headache...

In my opinion only good solution would be lose of grip if tires are dirty.
    For example, if anyone cut track or go wide with intention to have better exiting speed and goes on the grass or gravel his tires will be dirty in next few corners and his grip will be lower. End of story...
    As we all know this is not new idea, it's been used in some other simulations and it's well tested and proved as a god one.

Of course, there is many good ideas in this thread and I wish to quote some of the best just to be sure that ISI guys don't miss them. :)

And maybe the best of all...
    Cheers!

20. Alek

Alek Registered

some tools aid in video for streaming real time race.