Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The staff responsible for licensing explained on discord, that this license is a bit different than with the SRO stuff in ACO. MSG still need to license the tracks and cars seperately. I guess the connections with the ACO might help though, as it's propably easier once they realize that LMU is a success and further money to be made using the same platform and extend it as the ACO platform. Interestingly this doesn't rule out IMSA per se, once they have the cars and tracks licensed, but IMSA belongs to Nascar wich is in the hands of iRacing currently. So I doubt that we will see official IMSA sanctioned DLCs. But a "Northamerican Endurance Racing DLC" - why not? When they release the WEC 2024 extension - wich is very safe that it will come, they have a big part of the IMSA carlist and only the Acura LMDh and . But that's far down the line right now. First they need to make the product more stable and implement the most requested features.

davehenrie likes this.
  2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes, but what is mainly felt in the steering is the aero load as you take fast curves. I was driving with 85 % global FFB on a G 923, I was able to feel the grip available, I wasn't looking to body build.

I only tried F499 at Spa, perfectly enjoyable on default setup as is, once you get used to it (braking is difficult you really arrive very fast to the curves with a low drag car - unlike F1 cars that have a lot of aero drag-.

A first experience on a green track at Sebring, without a warm up lap was hilarious (really driving on ice).

Cheers.

pkelly likes this.
  3. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

That's true, but comparatively the tires and road surface make a much bigger impact on overall realism than drivetrain simulation.

If it was as ready as rF2, then they wouldn't have released it as early access. If it was then why would I avoid playing it for now when I love the driving in rF2? If it's really as good as rF2 is right now what benefit would I have to wait for improvements which apparently you think aren't needed? I can't even drive the cars in LMU with the full potential of my wheel because of the risk of injury which has nothing to do with UI or anti-virus issues. It's nowhere near where rF2 is right now and dismissing the real issues that other users are having with LMU doesn't help the devs at all, it just alienates people giving constructive criticism.

Havner likes this.
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Fair point but, as physics fundamentals go, I'd say drivetrain should be included at the ground level of any sim development.
    Maybe it comes from me having driven many vehicles where such affects are truly an integral part of their character(?)
    The impact such a [seemingly] little thing can have on players feeling a greater sense of connection to the car is not insignificant. Feeling connected to the virtual car is hard enough already without omitting such effects.

Consider that effective drivetrain modeling also affects visual cues as well as audio effects, if done properly. Times when I resub to iRacing are largely motivated by my thirst to experience better motion effects related to drivetrain physics. RaceRoom does them too but, iRacing's seems a bit more developed.

avenger82 likes this.
  5. tiffarno

tiffarno Registered

I've already "fixed" Alex. That 'ignore' button is there for a reason you know. o_O

coltair, pkelly, 8Ball and 4 others like this.
  6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I wont ever uninstall rf2 as some of the cars like the Radicals/Caterhams and the old Formula's etc are nice, but with LMU now having Sebring, which was/is the best track in simracing, and the primary reason i even still fired up RF2, means its unlikely I'll fire up rf2 nearly as frequently.

Not sure what was updated in last two updates but im not crashing anymore, so thats good news!

7. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

And many of these for the first time may be tweaking their files and find it easy.
    Which may lead some to think maybe I should give that rF2 a second go but this time I tweak first.

elgagon likes this.
  8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

For a so called fan of rF2, you are sure making S397/MSG look great here with you´re constant stomp on LMU! Seems you enjoy this, which makes no sense while praising rF2. Because right now, as some already mention, LMU Is the lifeline for 80% of rF2´s future.

Even If It were not so, you´re still stepping on you´re so beloved rF2 developers which are S397. Consider a reality check!

And I say this for a simple fact that If any newcomers jump Into this forum/thread and read you´re beloved statements of a game made by again, you´re beloved devs, AND that Is In EA (read the Steam Documents on what EA should be), they just might shy away from even trying LMU, or rF2 for that matter!

Their Is NO constructive criticism In you´re posting. To be fair, anyone doing a review of a EA game should at least wait and see how It goes In the long run, and/or give it the benefit of the doubt a few months later!

The community says, "thanks for you´re support". You know what I mean?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    8Ball likes this.
  9. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    I saw in known issues that people with amd graphics might get artifacts. Is there any known graphics settings or driver version to alleviate this.
    I have a 7900xtx with latest drivers and performance is good all around except for the black square going up and down the windscreen 33% of the time lol.
    What's with this engine and amd lol.

Other than that things seem really promising.
    Sounds are excellent with headphones, the sky and lighting are a step up from rf2, though I haven't tried night yet, crossing fingers that night shading looks better now.

I know its EA but I seriously doubt this would have been released if this was happening on nvidia cards.

Regards.

10. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

You might want to have a look at the link below...
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/calling-all-amd-users.74209/#post-1126703

Other then that, someone might pitch In with fresher options. That´s all I can help with.

Cheers

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ahahah, like if I was my fault with the 12 millions loss from MSG ;) ,I didn"t know I was so important ;) I said it since 5 years, rFactor 3 is the only way ;), when they worked for a new UI for 5 years with zero new feature in rFactor 2.
    Why not create rFactor3, open plateform like rFactor 2, with a first DLC "WEC 2023", MSG needs to change their management, it's awfully bad.
    Kartsim pro at 1000€ is the best example of the rF2 success if a dev works hard and good, I have it and enjoy it.
    Maybe it's time to stop losing money and to make the good choice.
    I have already stated all the bad choices made since 5 years.

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

With your deep knowledge of the sim business and software development I am surprised that you didn't create a company to develop Rfactor 3 +, your success is guaranteed.
    I will buy your early release product if it is reasonably priced.
    Cheers.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ask MSG to give 1 million, they have lost +12 milllions, I can't do worst.

14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

[QUOTE="AlexHeuskat, post:
    Why not create rFactor3, open plateform like rFactor 2, with a first DLC "WEC 2023", MSG needs to change their management, it's awfully bad.[/QUOTE]

But you recently said In one of you´re post (or even more) that If you want to race WEC, you already have similar In rF2 and that´s why you don´t need LMU.

Like I said before, no sense at all.

15. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    Thanks the card works fine with rF2 and other sims.
    The problem is only while running lmu.
    I really should have known better than to buy an amd card lol, after s397 released fixes for amd I figured it would be OK.

Regards.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

But you recently said In one of you´re post (or even more) that If you want to race WEC, you already have similar In rF2 and that´s why you don´t need LMU.

Like I said before, no sense at all.[/QUOTE]
    I have stated a better choice than LMU, I dont only think for myself, cause it's true I dont race WEC, not a fan, you are a no sense and contribute to the 12millions loss I guess with this mentality, no surprise.

17. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

A better choice, for who? Do you know what the rest of players want? rF2 already has a WEC dlc, and now you want a better one, like say LMU? Then you well step on that too.

Forget It dude, carry on...

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I dont want anything, I have rFactor2, I say there are far better choices, MSG choices are still bad, the 12 millions loss is a massive proof.

19. TonyM

TonyM Registered

Interesting about Kartsim Pro! I was not aware of that.

IMHO, that a way to go for some companies!
    I personally would have no problem paying so much if the simulation is very good.

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

same, I can pay 2000€ if it's good, Kartsim is very good, we have 37 tracks If I remember well, and I need to practice at least a few hours on a new track to start racing it well....the first hours on a track are always a nightmare.