Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Nilis

Nilis Registered

Anyways on Monza in ACC I shift to 6th gear a bit after start finish which is a really long time in 6th. Just tested Spa and it hits the limiter when staying in 5th and I'm really not the fastest going to Eau Rouge.

2. instinkt

instinkt Registered

maybe they adjusted ratios
    u can find onboards where people goes 263 on 5th here and it was the fastest way when I played last time

Nilis likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wonder if BMW used the Class1 transmission for the car S397 sampled?

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Had my first one hour race with the Aston Martin.
    I find the higher inertia very annoying. Now everything feels as spongy and sluggish as with ACC, slides are so sluggish, the reactions to fast steering movements feel like you have to move 2 tons. Rfactor2 besides AMS 2 always had a very good feel for the weight of the cars and not this artificial smoothing of hectic reactions, but this now is a deterioration. This is especially noticeable in VR, monitor drivers without real FOV will perhaps find this an advantage, as fine transversals can be caught better, but with real FOV the spongy feeling is simply horrible.

5. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Awesome update! So many details in cars behavior, I'm complitely in love with it! New sound engine at least on par with R3E one! A bit strange TC and ABS lights position in cockpit certainly is a compromise... but it didn't stop me from buying BMW M4 in addition to all other GT3 cars I already had! :D

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As I said, these are the normal gear ratios. Some (many?) series allow others to be used, and ACC introduced another option some time ago, so I'd assume the videos you're finding reflect those.

So maybe we're relatively limited in choice, but the gears are correct (for original spec) and nothing to do with BoP.

Maybe you should look up "feasible". Your demands of me are ridiculous.

I can see the strips on my triples, so thanks S397.

7. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

wow you need 3 screens to see LED strips ?! o_O
    i can see them fine in just single screen, you must be one those guys with extremely close FOV .....like literally on windscreen :p

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The point of triples is to use real FOV, and it's great. But it can limit vision unless you have quite big screens mounted low, so I do miss some stuff on the wheel for example. If I use the default seat position and turn off the game HUD I can't see what gear I'm in, that sort of thing.

Reiche likes this.
  9. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

ye i understand your point, i was just joking around.

Reiche likes this.
  10. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

My team and me hate this usless shift protection, we hope to get an option to turn this noob feature off in future! Until this happens we switch after 8 years in rF2 over to ACC bye-bye rF2

Jan Titz and JanTer68 like this.
  11. green serpent

green serpent Registered

People want the most hardcore true to life simulator then get upset when it's too realistic!

Reiche, pkelly, Bernat and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's funny how real life drivers that take part in all sorts of disciplines are lauded for their ability to adapt, while in sim racing it's "This isn't how I like to drive, this is crap."

davehenrie, Reiche and r00b Driver like this.
  13. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Those profesional drivers are noobs, the best ones seat in front of a monitor and complain when something isn't cozy enough for them. Yeah!

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had never even heard of DSP until a user from the ACC camp brought up the subject about a year ago. Which must mean that ACC has DSP as well.

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

This seems wrong. They're TC/ABS lights, not spinning/locking lights. Besides, there's no spinning like I said and I notice a power cut when the lights go on. I could be wrong but that's what it seems. Have you tried it?

16. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

When DSP was introduced to the GTE cars I don't recall that there were many complaints about it. It works fine with GTE cars. I think there is some thing fundamentally wrong in the way it is implemented with the GT3 cars. If it was correct or close to correct there wouldn't be so many complaints. Blaming peoples pedals is wrong or the way they have them set up. I have set of Simtrec £1000 pedals and I normally have about 3% dead zone set, this setting has worked for all cars and sims but with the GT3s I had to increase this to a minimum of 5+% to make sure my foot was off the throttle so I could change down more consistently but I still miss some change downs. The lower limit of throttle position is just set too low for the GT3s. I think people who think this is true to life at the moment are just dreaming, if a real driver had to put up with this in a real car there is no way they could drive competitively. I've always preferred rF2 to other sims because it has always been the most believable to drive to me. That's why I have over 14,000hrs invested in rF2. The GT3s are just not believable to me at the moment. Sim racing should be fun and enjoyable, the GT3s are not, there just frustrating and bit unpredictable at the moment. Sorry if this upsets some of you.

Jan Titz, avenger82, Capeta and 2 others like this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Outright, yes, of course. But they are a potential cause if they're misbehaving, so it's worth checking.

I don't know if you've noticed, but very few people are saying, "This is realistic!" There are many saying it's not, by feel or by referencing some videos. (I'm one of the people who tends to say "If it's realistic, you just have to get used to it" - the 'if' is important there)

The most defensive statements (sort of) I've seen are from S397 staff saying that DSP as presented is what's in the car manuals, including in this latest update where they say they had the correct base behaviour before, but there can be some variation, so they're giving a little more room to make it easier to manage (my poor paraphrasing).

So hey, if it's unrealistic, let's hope it gets fixed. But if we're not sure, let's not present our opinion as fact, eh? In the meantime it's possible to drive the way it is now, even if it might take a little time to get used to it (like it's possible to get used to sequential-manual shifting in the Caterham - which IS wrong), excluding controller issues.

18. Highlandwalker

I did not say it was fact, it's my opinion, it just doesn't feel right to me. I am getting use to it but some cars seem to be worse than others. The Caterham is wrong but S397 have to cater for those people who do not own H-pattern shifters, should have the choice though. I probably will never own a H-pattern shifter, I'm not spending over £200 to get a half decent shift I will never use very often.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, it's not about not having to use manual or not; it's that when you're using a H-shifter you have to shift through the gears sequentially. You can't go 5-2, or 4-2. Definitely wrong.

Reiche likes this.
  20. Highlandwalker

Sorry my mistake.

Reiche likes this.