Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@fischhaltefolie where do you see full throttle while downshift ?
    i checked there is nowhere

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that someone thinks differently as he is not of the same opinion is already noisy, ridiculous:D

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Well, you are right, sorry. It's not full throttle. Sound of releasing throttle fooled me. But there is still some throttle applied when downshifting from third to second gear.

4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Now see the screenshot and try to say it again. Do you see what we have to deal with? And we're the biased ones.

Attached Files:

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You are right, i was confused too. You should not do several things at the same time. What I meant was that Autolift is a function that in reality is also used when downshifting naturally to reduce the load on the drivetrain.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    BedlamSquare likes this.
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Well, you're right. But where did I say you were biased? I wasn't arguing with you, I was sharing my perception, and it was wrong. So what?
    Please don't take it personally and too seriously. But this forum is way too dogged for me.

Edit: and by knowing, what I've done wrong, I can live with it.

Havner likes this.
  8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Let me quote some poor arguments

Or in other words, they don't belong to the chosen elite and should better drive casual racers.
    These are supposed to be valid arguments? How about allowing a debate first, instead of dismissing other opinions with self-importance as absolutely impossible nonsense and looking for the fault only with the others.

chops likes this.
  9. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Watch this video of the 992 (?off-topic)... and try to reproduce it in rf2...
    impossible... you can't downshift blip the throttle... at all... which isn't bad in itself... I guess... possible Spec... maybe?
    Still... it does feels very unnatural... and questionable... no wonder the subject raise some eyebrows..

Sure... maybe there is (an 'insane) Version of the 992... with 'Spec' that forbid downshift blipping... why not... I guess... but...

First of all... try to find a onboard video... with a car that show this limitation...
    I'm interested because I couldn't... At least that would help to 'partially solve this mystery...

Second... should 'we emulate this 'Spec'ed version... when it if feels this bad... especially in simracing... where hardware can vary a lot...
    it would be like preventing... the 'brake pressure' option... I'm sure it made 'debate' at some point... just because it's not in car's spec...
    Are 'we aware of how many thing... rf2 allow (or not) that are not... respecting the 'Spec... adding or lacking...?

The old... 'this sim is not aiming to be 'simcade... argument... is very miss-used... 'almost nobody... lurking around rf2 forum... is interested in simcade... so throwing that argument like the all and mighty... should be avoided like the plague...
    if anything that probably one of the point... of this kind of forum... to 'geek out about 'simracing details... all day long... do we do it the right way... obviously not...

AND lastly... almost forgot... probably the thing that would be the most revealing point...
    due to the 'obvious... complex and varied... nature of 'specs... between the gt3 field...
    we'll have A pretty big clue... IF ALL GT3... have the exact same 'behavior... when it come to down (or up) shifting...

Because it's 'impossible for all manufacturer to have the same exact spec... that's probably the next thing to 'investigate... for anyone really interested to evaluate and speak about the subject...

chops and Andregee like this.
  10. Havner

Havner Registered

(sorry, could not resist :rolleyes:)

Martin Vindis likes this.
  11. Lildave

Lildave Registered

If you "REALLY" don't like rF2 .....Really Leave. xo

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Tried for the first time this update (with today's patch).
    Tested the Mercedes GT3 on Sebring and everything felt wonderful.
    Superb updated physics and very lively car. Great sound.
    It's been a long time I did not drive rF2 (as I used mainly AMS2 these past months) and I must say I'm impressed, including the AI which at default settings has lap times exactly in my ballpark. Now I need to try other cars.
    No issue with down shifting. Occasional miss when revs were a bit too high, but that DSP doing its work.
    Must restate that Sebring is one of the best modeled track of any sim!

Andrea Frollo and davehenrie like this.
  13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

RE: 992

Rudy Van Buren, current real life 992 racing driver says the current implementation of the car gearing is the same as real life.

That's enough for me.

14. McFlex

McFlex Registered

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, only two options. No option about 100 different possible hardware configurations from Xbox controller to D Box motion platforms with varying windows of calibration. What works perfectly for one user, may not for the next. Just above your reply was a real world simmer turned racer using the new method of rF2 in his real world race car. Have you tested the new update yet? Have you noticed the change is very small? It was not abandoning the concept, more of a refinement to work better with real world users. I believe in some of the announcements about these updates, S397 stated they will continue to evolve improvements based on the feedback from the larger sample size of users via the Release Candidate. So they have not poured concrete around their racing slippers to prevent further changes from what MUST BE a perfect implementation of new to the sim technology. (ya know we blew up a few moon rockets before they sent men up in them...I guess they should have quit).
    Should iRacing go back to their first tire model since so many of the following iterations never seemed 'quite right'?
    What about the ABANDONED physics of the ACC beta? Throw the entire project out I assume. AMS2 is not the AMS2 that launched. For shame they kept improving.
    Please come back when you find the perfect sim.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  16. Mauro Addona

Mauro Addona Registered

Hi, new member here.
    I just tried the new update. My WB is a Podium DD1 and in the Porsche GT3 R I'm experiencing huge jolts during braking phase, probably when ABS kicks in.

May I fix this behaviour like editing controller.json?

Regards,

M.

17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Technically yes, but all cars had the same driver weight increase, so it does lose 10kg compared to others.

pascom and McFlex like this.
  18. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Why do have drivers gained weight? Too many donuts? :D

pascom likes this.
  19. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Attached Files:

pascom likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Possibly the following lines from your various controller.jsons.

"Force Feedback":{
    "Brake effects on steer axis":0,
    "Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Brake effects strength":10000,
    "Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",