Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Do we want the developers to make the cars as close to real life as possible or do we want them to make them to our personal preferences? If that's the way the transmission works in real life then so be it! It will feel strange to begin with but you'll get used to it.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Ok than you have a perfect explanation to tell us why the Gte downshift protection behaves like in every other sim with the same manufactors and the Gt3 Dsp behaves in a weird way. Gt cars like Aston Martin and Ferrari uses the same base for Gte and Gt3 so also the same gear box and you want to tell us that the Gt3 gear box has these annoying limitations without any sense, because technically it's not necessary like the Gte implementation proves. I bet if that Dsp behaviour would be real, Iracing would simulate it the same way but it does not.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Do you? We shouldn't jump to conclusions too fast. Onboard videos have proven these cars can be driven like this, it's not dangerous and it makes you fast without harming the car. Be it an error or not, I don't think it's bad, it's even good to improve your skills. When driving the right way the DSP doesn't matter like some have confirmed. If they later change it, it won't matter.

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I don't know enough about these cars to explain anything. If it's not true to the real life cars then I agree it should definitely be changed. However if it is realistic I don't care if it's a bit annoying, I'll just put up with it. If that's the case I think people should stop complaining and just adapt to it.

I couldn't drive the new Porsche Cup car at all, but after about half an hour it was second nature. You shouldn't downshift under throttle anyway unless maybe you're in an oldschool rally car and you're trying to keep the turbo spooled up or you're trying to rev match (which you don't need to do in a modern GT3). Similarly there's no real reason to shift up while coasting. Isn't it just forcing you to drive in a way that you probably should have been driving anyway? in which case it's just a matter of getting used to it.

oikworld likes this.
  5. instinkt

instinkt Registered

gt3 are made to make it viable for some "gentelman" drivers and gte is for pro
    it probably can also differ between series because this is software same as abs/tc on cup cars
    so maybe this is how factory settings looks like but they can be changed irl

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Do you know the GT Am, Am for amateur? These are GTE, driven by Gentleman driver too. And even when, what should be the advantage for Gentleman driver to prevent Downshift and throttle? Sonetimes you have to use throttle to stabile the rear of the car while coasting around a corners and than you want to accelerate but you have to lift the throttle before downshifting where you can lose the car. That could be dangerously

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

There are many other reasons to shift down under throttle, for example when the competitor misses the apex and slows down in Front of you and you have to brake and want to accelerate as fast as possible to overtake and caused by braking your revs are to low so that you have to shift down. In the way the Gt3 simulated Dsp you have to lift the throttle, what causes a big disadvantage caused by the lag. The manufactors try to make the cars as fast as possible because of their Image and than they slow down their drivers with such stupid limitations? I don't believe that. Maybe it's realisticly for the Porsche 992 Cup car because it could be that these cars uses the street car PDK gearbox with double clutch and they want to prevent higher degradation under racing conditions but never ever for a real sequentiell gear box in Gt3 race cars

avenger82, Havner and Highlandwalker like this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I do want the cars to be close to real life. I just can't see that every GT3 car manufacturer would make all there cars need zero throttle to change down. I just don't believe zero throttle is true to life.

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I think it was already mentioned but someone confirmed in another post that the Autoblip setting will interfer with DSP. I think autoblip should be automatically disabled for cars with DSP if that's not already the case.

Andregee likes this.
  10. Highlandwalker

I disabled autoblip, it makes no difference.

11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

They're simply regulations and as long as they're the same for everyone in the race they're fair. Nowadays, manufacturers might be more worried about the costs of running a race car (related to the engine life) than the drivers habits, and regulations account for those things too. If the car is like this in real life, it should be the same on any serious simulation.

Discussing why manufacturers and organizers put those regulations is for another thread probably.

atomed likes this.
  12. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I actually genuinely hate with a passion any kind of computer interference when it comes to shifting or really anything to do with driving a car. But I value the simulation being as accurate as possible over any pet peeves. I just wish there was some more first party analogue old school racecars in the sim to make up for all these gentlemen racecars, but that's a different topic.

13. Highlandwalker

I have just driven ACC and you don't have to have zero throttle to change down. It's supposedly the official GT3 sim.

Pawel44 likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In my opinion, the retention of gears is too exaggerated, you don't have to downshift like a machine gun, but the retention protection is excessive, it doesn't seem real to me at all in a GT3

DJChrizz and Highlandwalker like this.
  15. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

Yes Bernat, this Is a good idea. Before i trying disabile AUtoblip, gt3's was undriveble.

Andregee likes this.
  16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Real Gt3 cars have autoblib and autolift. When you have to disable it in the sim, it's unrealistically

Lildave likes this.
  17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I was referring to the Autoblip assist that has nothing to do with the car electronics.

18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

This has very well something to do with it because if you disable the function in the menu, it is completely disabled even on the Gt3

19. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

The downshift protection destroys the driving for me a little. It's basically very difficult to get used to, but because I'm not even allowed to touch the gas pedal, it's almost undriveable, at least for my driving style. Is that also the case in real life? If so, we probably have to live with it (we want it absolutely realistic ), but if not it would be great if you would raise this limit something

Jan Titz and Rui Santos like this.
  20. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Thinking about being realistic, maybe the issue is having a very sensitive throttle with zero deadzone.