Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The video you posted shows exactly the opposite. Why do you insist?

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

TJones and ebeninca like this.
  3. Tony Raharidzery

Tony Raharidzery Registered

Just because you always use this word 'BS' no one will take your point seriously. First of all, please try to be respectful.

Spyro and r00b Driver like this.
  4. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Must be fanboy blindness because he clearly downshift twice before the hairpin while still on the throttle. Or watch this video:

He's almost the hole time at least a bit on the throttle to keep the car stable, but occasionally he's off throttle, so the throttle-meter works.

Juan Cofiño and Pawel44 like this.
  5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Tony got a point...

I also I'm concerned... if the slightest touch on the throttle... might activate the gear protection... but you are ruining the legitimate conversation with your 'BS' attitude...

But you probably heard that 100 times... and didn't change... probably the other way around you get aroused by that... so the joke is on us I guess... :)

PS: the porsche video that Leynad share... is what I would except (prefer) for a GT3... being able to downshift while slightly throttling... if that's not the case now... it's def worth the discussion...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Juan Cofiño likes this.
  6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I'll reply in your own terms. It must be your frustration blindness because in the first video it can be clearly seen that he goes completely off throttle before downshifting. Always.

oikworld likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the most addictive update in sim racing history
    i cannot stop driving

oikworld and pkelly like this.
  8. kermit

kermit Registered

I haven’t tested the update yet, but people need to realise that shift protection is not just revs. There maybe other conditions like throttle % and some manufactures might be different to others.attached is an example of a Porsche cup from 2014. I am not sure how S397 implemented but I’m sure if they have the car manuals they have some idea.

Attached Files:

9. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Damn bro youre really good at this constructive criticism thing huh?

Maybe if you had a clue and werent acting like such a crybaby and being rude to people some dev would actually listen to you and anwser your questions like they do with all the other people here.

10. Leynad

Leynad Registered

To your defense, it could be that the throttle-meter is lacking response, but he did dozens of downshifts while it's still in the green. The Cup video clearly shows that it's essential to keep a bit throttle input in the Cup Porsche most of the time to prevent lift-off oversteer. No sane manufacturer would prevent those safety measures and the rF2-behaviour would just be insanely dangerous in real racing.

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Did you try... a simple test... try to downshift with very low rev from 3 to 2 for example... while maintaining the throttle at 10%...
    if you can't that's a potential issue...
    if you can, well... my bad for listening to leynad... but can't test it, don't have access to my rig right now.

12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I'm very sure it will be fixed like the tyre-wear in the BTCC. And even rF2-fans like Michi Hoyer was saying about the Porsche Cup shift-"protection": This can't be true. Porsche isn't on the top for doing crazy dangerous BS.

Downshifts doesn't even work with 1% throttle-input and again: why preventing upshifts without throttle?
    PS: And why do cars with double-clutch transmissions go into neutral between every gear-shift? That's not how DCTs work.

Pawel44 and chops like this.
  13. instinkt

instinkt Registered

he can talk anything but he never sat in this car in the first place so he isn't reliable source of information at all
    while u literally had Rudy van Buren testing this and he IS irl factory driver and he racing these Cup cars all the time

r00b Driver and Lazza like this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, that's a valid observation, which he tried to back up with a GT3 video from Imola - which clearly shows the real car not once downshifting with any throttle.

You can't have any throttle, which is why some of us have mentioned controller issues (0.1% throttle bleed will stop you shifting down - so make sure you don't have any). The question is whether that's correct for the licensed cars.

And as mentioned way earlier: these cars will vary in spec (especially electronics) so grabbing videos off YouTube (even ones that do show what someone is asserting) aren't necessarily proof of anything.

r00b Driver, Bernat and BedlamSquare like this.
  15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

A remark on this thread :

This debate (quite pitiful) on the DSP which could be bad destroys the effect that this update should have produced :

It seems incredible.

Of the few that I tested, only the Audi disappointed me a lot : I think its setup is very bad, the rear rides too much.

But so far other than that it's flawless.

Congratulations to the developers, and sincere thanks.

What you've been doing with rFactor 2 for 2-3 years is absolutely fabulous.

I'm one of your fans, I've been using rFactor 2 for almost 10 years (the only video game I use, let's say), and your work is truly incredible.

Thank you all.

oikworld, TJones, Ricardo Diz and 5 others like this.
  16. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Hello everyone,

That's the whole problem with the new DSP, you have to get used to it and not drive these cars like before and frankly I find it more realistic.
    I play Iracing a lot too so that must help a lot too.
    Regarding the tires, I did a long stint with tires on the callaway it's really good what you did, I love the feeling, and the sounds are very good too, it lacks a bit of detail like the sound of the TC which is very 90s video games but it's still pleasant to listen to for the rest.
    Just a few negatives to note although this update is the first: (Not for the purpose of "crumpling")

-The LEDs you added for TC and ABS, are you seriously kidding? An example with the m4 GT3, you have a great Dash with LEDs on the side which are made for that... and you add strips of LEDs to the dashboard LOL

-The downshift protection beep, we are talking here about realism... what does this have to do with these GT3s? Don't trivialize the game, we want a simulation :)

-I saw a message on the fact that you will probably not return to the cockpits for lack of time, but if you could at least redo new dashes and leds that would already be a good start. The goal is still to bring people to this simulation, right?
    Look at what IR is doing next door, why do you think people go there even though it's a lot more expensive?
    The answer is simple, they just pay attention to detail, especially on cars and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that.
    Even if lately you have improved a lot I must recognize it and congratulate you on the way :)

I have Rf2 since the very beginning under ISI I want to clarify, and being a fan of this simulation, I have no desire to see it die so please pay attention to the details, you will have more things to win in the end :)

Sorry I went through google translate :)

17. bihagun

bihagun Registered

Isn't wheel lock supported? If you set wheel lock in the simhub bass shaker, it vibrates when the wheel is locked. You can easily check it with no ABS vehicles such as F3. But ABS telemetry isn't supported yet.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, so: does anyone know if these cars advise the driver of a rejected shift, and how they do it?

(In real life)

atomed likes this.
  19. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Remember that it had been implemented in the btcc and they removed it a few days later because it did not exist in real life, so an error is always possible.

20. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I've carried out some testing in the McLaren 720s concerning the gear shift protection, changing up gear no problem. Changing down has a problem in my eyes, you can only change down gear if your foot is totally off the throttle, any throttle input at all and it will not change gear. To me this does not seem correct, I would have thought it would be revs and speed dependant and not throttle position dependant. To me it just seems an easy way to implement the gear shift protection that people have been asking for with the GT3 cars. I have no problem with the GTE cars gear shift protection system that seems to work correctly. I have sort of got the hang of it with the McLaren but it does make the car very unstable at times, particularly Paddock Hill Bend (the first corner) at Brand Hatch. Just wondering if any body has come to a similar conclusion.

smbrm and svictor like this.