Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are two aspects:
    • RPM (target) limit
    • Throttle limit
    Check that you don't have some throttle bleed (use deadzone to remove any) and don't blip at all.

And if they are actually this way, learn to drive it, just like a real driver would.

Full_Ninja likes this.
  2. steph_smo

steph_smo Registered

Hi al,

After launch Rfactor2 All the cars will go to 3.51 but UI does not update ? why ? and my release is always in V1131 not V1132
    if you have an idea ... your welcome

3. bihagun

bihagun Registered

Thank you for the answer. Please consider it!
    Would like to use the abs active signal as pedal vibration to feel the brake threshold.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  4. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I won't learn BS behaviour and rather switch to a sim that does it right. rF2 even prevents upshifts if there is no throttle input and for what possible reason a car should not allow going into a higher gear while coasting? And I've never heard any beeping in onboards. Maybe some rF2-fanboys buy this nonsense, but every sane person can only laugh about this implementation that obviously has nothing to do with the real thing.

Pawel44, chops and Alessio Feletto like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is a content update. The new build is only in RC. That is a couple of weeks away from going live.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

So far pleased with the update. The cars feel more alive and their different driving styles seem more pronounced. They felt a bit boring before, now they're more interesting to drive. This year has started big, and it's just part of the Q1 content drop, can't wait to see more.

Congratulations S397!

To the devs: this forum seems to have attracted some unhappy and angry individuals as a medium to channel their anger. Don't pay them too much attention.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I say "if". You say it's absolutely not right. Any chance at all you could be wrong? Or you have some GT3 driving experience you'd like to mention?

As for beeps - they could be put through the driver's earplugs, so you wouldn't hear them in onboard. I've never heard a shift threshold beep in F1 coverage, but I know they've been there for 10+ years. I imagine they also have similar for rejected shifts (ie shift protection).

chops and BedlamSquare like this.
  8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's only like 2 or 3 users which are always ranting about everything.

BedlamSquare likes this.
  9. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Again: Why on Earth should a car prevent upshifting while coasting? And why should a car prevent downshifting while slightly on the throttle either? In old cars I even need to blip to downshift properly. Racing cars are no elderly vehicles for disabled and no other sim does it for good reason.

chops likes this.
  10. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, first of all thank's for the update S397.
    I think the cars are still (more or less) pretty easy to drive/to slide. This or maybe I drove to much Hypercar recently :).
    Seems to me like the tyres generate a bir more heat while sliding, and grip drops more while overheating than before. Which is good I guess. Especially with the Porsche and the Audi 2019 you have to take special care of the rears.
    Tendersprings are placed, but not adjustable? At least the setup option is greyed out.

Sounds are quite good, Porsche engine idle sound comes to my mind at first. I found the Bentley (2020 I guess) has a bit of anoying sound loop, especially while coasting. But generally sounds are good.

My personal favorit so far is the Audi 2019, with good sound (naturaly aspirated :)), and seems to be the most challanging to drive. With a tendency to oversteer, but bit more snappy than the Porsche. Something that always impressed me with those GT cars from S397, is that they drive/behave often fundamentally different between each other.

Alnorate and pkelly like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not for me to justify or for us to argue about. S397 says it's per the specs, and the 992 has similar with an actual real life driver confirming it's correct.

If you don't like it, play something else. But don't declare it unrealistic if you have no idea, just like everyone else.

oikworld and Full_Ninja like this.
  12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

If there is no technical reason for this crazy shift-behaviour, it's BS and looks like you haven't tried this new thing. And this is one of many onboards that shows it's BS:

Rapid double-downshifts and slowly going off throttle while downshifting (0:42)...

Pawel44 and chops like this.
  13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

14. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I do not know the precise behavior of what exists in real life, but I used 6 or 7 GT3 1 hour ago (updated version), and I did not have the slightest problem shifting or downshifting.

I guess I drove the car correctly.

oikworld and Full_Ninja like this.
  15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Are you joking or are you just looking for a confrontaion? This video shows you're wrong and you don't know how to drive.

chops and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  16. Leynad

Leynad Registered

You must be quite slow if you shift as rF2 mandates already, because most real drivers doesn't do it. There are some rather older gen racecar-drivers still braking with the right foot and engineers saying, it's a bit better with fuel-consumption because drivers who left-foot-brake tend to be both on the throttle and brake regularly. But that's the only advantage and they certainly wouldn't do it if it prevents them to downshift.

Pawel44 and chops like this.
  17. Jan Titz

Jan Titz Registered

I've been driving rFactor 2 since 2014 and have experienced many highs and even more lows with this simulation since then. And I really didn't expect the GT3 update to be perfect in any way, but what I had to experience today with the downshift protection is a new low again. Seriously is nobody testing for Studio397 anymore? My grandma downshifts in a more sporty way like you can do it with the current GT3 mod. And if you give 1% throttle when braking the vehicle is no longer shifting at all. That has nothing more to do with racing and motorsport at all.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Juan Cofiño, Pawel44 and chops like this.
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I hope you are aware that you can still make gunfire downshifts in rF2 dependend on the braking that is applied/aka how much speed you bleed off and on the rev range of the different cars - timing is the important key here. As Lazza said, the DSP only kicks in if your target rev limit is too high for the next lower gear. And why would you shift into a higher gear while coasting? Normaly you shift into higher gears if you build up speed. While coasting you normaly bleed of speed aswell, wich makes the next higher selected gear too high and the revs too low for that specific shifting action. I hope you are aware that the engine bogs down if revs are too low wich isn't really healthy for it either. I hope that explains the mechanics a bit why certain manufacturers might do it that way. You can even try that stuff in your normal roadcar, but at your own risk obviously. GL & HF. :p

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

20. Leynad

Leynad Registered

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS: rF2 prevents downshifts with even the slightest throttle input and upshifts without, which is both utter nonsense. In many circumstances you need to be able to downshift and staying on the throttle to prevent lift-off oversteer. Drive Road Atlanta through those Esses for example. If you go off throttle to downshift, you upset the car and hit the wall. And I already posted the video debunking this dangerous ridiculous nonsense.