Latest Roadmap Update - June 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Jun 30, 2018.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Getting closer to UI release, GT3 update, Sebring, Zandvoort....not sure what some people find disappointing in all these, I'd say it's pretty positive.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

because there is a list of fixes that many users would prefer to be corrected before new content.

marvelharvey likes this.
  3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Some people have a short attention span

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

This. rF2's been needing general bug fixes and improvements for some time is and this roadmap seems to be aiming for that.

5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Many people expect a new trackmap with tire and time temperatures without having to look for modder plugins.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  6. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Some of my competitors want a starting lights overlay :D Like the trackmap plugin.

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I didnt see a single word on bug fixes? Improvements regarding rain yes - and they are way overdue. The new rain system has literally been useless for vr users for many many months. And sadly it will still be useless after performance fix because of buggy AI. I cant even imagine how long that will take to fix. Regarding the UI.... this has been one of the longest ongoing jokes ever LOL. Hats off to the ones clapping their hands every single roadmap. Wuhuuuu they are still working on it !! September roadmap 2017...the UI was according to S397 very close to beta release.

On the positive note - the endurance pack is really great ! Very high quality.

mesfigas and Adam Helyes like this.
  8. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks. Sorry for suggesting what your were doing or thinking - that was not my intention.
    I started a Steam thread, but apparently I should shut up because the majority of gamers live in the northern hemisphere and I am worthless. I hope S397 think differently and act as a global organisation. I also hope they are stitching up a deal with TCR that they can't tell us about yet, as TCR in rF2 would be awesome!

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Bit of mixed emotions for me.
    Of course there are very nice screenshots from Zandvoort and especially Sebring, it makes also sense to bring the GT3 pack cars to latest standard. Rain improvements are very welcome, while i would like to see here more variation in shape of rain spray behind cars, especially at low speed there's to much. Good to know new UI gets a important improvement regarding car selection.

But for many month now, there is no word about physic engine or AI improvements.
    What about hooking up track and tyre surface temp, what about aquaplaning over puddles. Influence of wind, Tyre damage/punctures. Hybrid engines, cockpit/dash. Gearbox and driveline, so proper synchronisation, clutching, gearbox damage, driveline flexing, backlash ...
    I would like to see rF2 on top of the genre, when it comes to phsics and simulation depth.

mesfigas, Jra, Atsuki and 6 others like this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

A fix will be out soon, it needed a lot of testing.

Travis, Edu, bravotangosix and 4 others like this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Some users expect PRIORITY things of this type and are mainly interested in the aspect "global realism" of the simulation.

We are always very disappointed. What a pity !

SPASKIS likes this.
  12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Sounds Good ! Any word on the AI rain bug? Because even if a fix of performance gets out we will not be able to nothing but hotlapping in the rain.

mesfigas likes this.
  13. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Will the rain performance improvements also apply to non VR ? Because rain causes a massive hit in performance in 4K and on a beefy system (1080TI).

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I would assume yes maybe not as massive as for VR for various reasons but I think it is reasonable to expect at least some change in performance for us, puny monitor pleb. ;)

15. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Our focus was clearly on the VR+rain combination, so the gains are primarily visible there. That said, parts of the improvements could also have a small benefit on all systems.

Just for my understanding, what does "massive hit" mean on your system. I typically see a 20% drop in framerate when it rains, and I configure my system to cope with that (having some extra margin when it's not raining).

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

AI rain bug must be fixed
    Top Priority

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you're referring to the AI Pitting for Wets on Lap 1, the Workaround is to have the previous session/end of session Wet so that the AI are already on Wet tires for the start of the Race, they then race as normal and don't pit on Lap 1. Whilst this is not a "fix" (you can't have a dry Qualifying end and wet Race start for example) it does and has been proven to work as a workaround for now :)

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

S397 CTE at Nola, I7 8700k, 1080Ti, Single screen 35", 3440x1440, 22AI, 12 visible AI. Weather sunny min FPS 180, rain min FPS 70 = 61% drop. Average FPS drop in 10 laps race is +- 45%.
    I can live with numbers above but I can imagine how hard it can be to get descent game experience when it is raining if you have older system than I have. ;)

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I tested it some time ago (but after the optimization patch) and need to retest it but I vaguely remember around a 50% drop in performance.
    I wouldn't be surprised the rain performance hit is greater with higher resolutions.

Filip likes this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

this one please... isn't possible to find a temp solution for this? Some tracks are just impossible to see the lights, lots of people standing on grid, not very nice

marmagas, Adam Helyes and mesfigas like this.