Latest Roadmap Update - June 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Community Night a nice concept. From a logistical perspective future dates might be able to be considered to be at the end of your working week on a Friday night which although still very early morning for Asia and the Pacific Rim players would be doable as it is the start of our weekend.

bwana likes this.
  3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Cool. Anticipation building for Sebring with every new screenshot!

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Better rain performance and GT3 update are welcome. CanĀ“t wait for Sebring.

5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Excellent! Sebring is looking great. I've almost finished building a motion rig - what better way to shake it to pieces than with a laser scanned Sebring. I'm excited for the UI update (RFactor 2.5?)

The VR rain fix will be massively appreciated. Will it fix that weird sideways movement of the rain drops when I move my head (Oculus)?

Great work guys your work doesn't go unnoticed!!

6. Pales

Pales Registered

You can tell this was thrown together an hour before it hit midnight. Very disappointing.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol I was going to say "Let's hope this one wont have all the whine from every road map threads". I was late, sorry :D

Community night is a nice idea, I'd suggest to stick to Euro time as you may get more people on week days, maybe do some on saturdays if want more from the rest of the world, but then you need a day off so no problem if it does not happen.
    One thing that gets my attention is that in rF2 every track seems to have a very different style of creation leading to rather different visuals between them, looking at Sebring, NOLA and Zandi they are different in my view :D (not just different locations) I'm no artist so ignore this anyway lol

Cant wait for the GT3 update

bwana likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't know what people expect, but I find the Roadmap rather positive. Really looking forward to the new UI and the search function. That endless list with opponents is driving me nuts, especialy with growing amounts of content. And to read that there are more bug fixes and performance tweaks for the weather incomings is a big thing in my book. But to each his own I guess.

bwana, Duvel, John and 10 others like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The only way to say that is "Each to his own".

And yes, I'm being totally ironic :p

A roadmap that talks about what's being worked on, a thing or two being looked at for the future, that's about all we can reasonably expect. The simulator blog sounds intriguing, will be interesting to read about that stuff.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

VR support = me happy

Looking forward to trying rain for the 1st time too after update

-cheers

Narrowbackwing and gabrielof like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

VR performance , Sebring and Community nights all sound good but really , 4am for a community night :( that won't work for us in the best part of the world :(

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

C'mon mate, it's only a number.
    Harden up or you won't be the LastJedi. :cool:

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Emery

Emery Registered

Reading between the lines: likely a month or two until the UI is released? If it's released in late July, then August vacations mean any bugs found in public won't be addressed as quickly as normal, so I expect late August release as being more practical. Pleasantly surprised if UI is released in the next two weeks.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We Yanks find it odd that the entire continent takes August off. Of course our House and Senate do, usually, but mainly because Washington DC is very humid in August.{and a Government that is doing nothing is probably a good thing} Yes, we DO take vacations also, just not all together and all in one month. For example, I work outdoors year round, so I often take most of my vacation time in late January and the middle of February to try and avoid the coldest parts of the year.

bwana likes this.
  15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Appreciate the GT3, Zandvoort and Sebring updates. That's all good stuff.

I was really hoping to hear more DX11 optimizations, particularly for VR and not just for rain. Don't see anything in terms of next steps or future work in that area which is concerning.

16. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Think of it as a community morning? this is doable for many before work. I have suggested directly before that the very best thing S397 can do is drop the concept of morning and evening times as we are not prfessional drivers who go to tracks - in effect the events come to us. The simulation provider who offers the best global experience will have the edge (IMHO)

bwana and Louis like this.
  17. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Oh yeah, I should moan to Steam as well, it aint summer in half of the world!

bwana and Louis like this.
  18. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Thanks for the roadmap.
    About Zandvoort layouts, does it mean a classic layout will be included? I really hope so.

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well I wasn't moaning ! But yeah go for it and while your at it tell em to charge in AUD also ;)

20. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

I know many people don't care about UI.
    But you've been preparing for a year. When? when? : D
    I'm really interested in it. :)
    Thanks for the roadmap. You did a good job, thank you.

Rui Santos likes this.