[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

No. We did try exactly what you did with another track which crashed with a GTX 980. First we deleted just the gmts from the scn so that only the racesurface gets rendered. rF2 still chrashed. After we deleted all gmts except the racesurface from the mas file the track didn't crash anymore. We didn't dig deeper into it but maybe this could help you

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

It's interesting but hard to make sense at first examination. If the GMT is not being called in the SCN file, it should not interfere with the game engine at all even they're packed in the MAS.

Max plugins warns you when there're conflicting names object so it wouldn't be a problem as well.

You'd need to replicate that a number of times, I think it's more probable you got luck in a single run in the second scenario (GMTs excluded from MAS file). But if you ran the test a decent number of times and got the same results, that would be an important trail to follow up.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I don't want to clutter up this thread with issues, but will very much like to help investigating/testing if needed - although I (hopefully) don't have a gfx which suffer from this. Agree with ECAR though, lots of times people have thought to have found a fix only to experience issues again later :(

4. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I've been following it since it's beginning, and I'm not sure I've seen this mentioned or asked.

Does this track run both ways in real life? Or are some of the Kurbs not the right shape? I mean that on most of the kurbs I've encountered in SIM racing, and about half of the kurbs in this track, you will drive up a ramp and then step down. In some (most maybe?) of the kurbs in this track, you hit a step and then drive down the ramp. The FFB feels quite different depending on which kurb you drive on.

I assume if it was run both ways (clockwise and counter-clockwise) you'd need both types of kurbs, but if they only run 1 way then I wonder if the reversed kurbs can be changed around...?

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

On a positive note, my GTX 1080 just survived having AIs racing around all night (about 5 hours) - was in cockpit mode.

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Good news, maybe the new 1080 GTX chipset is more friendly with the rF2 engine whatever it does mean.

TwoHardCore, I've already corrected the reversed kerbs, they'll be in v1.00.

7. yoss

yoss Registered

great work mister !!

8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Your picture database is being very important, I'll be releasing 1.00 probably this Wednesday.

Regards.

9. Radar

Radar Registered

Sorry for the late reply, I was away on a work trip for the week and just got a chance to read the forums today. I will test the track mentioned and let you know. It's great to see you are working to resolve the issues and appreciate the time spent so far.

One of your posts refer to the plugins. I've gone away from the plugins and using Max 2016 x64 and using gJED to fine tune things and export. I'm disappointed it doesn't do animation at the moment but I can re-visit those models at a later date. I'm slowly re-doing my models created in 2008 with the plugins (redoing I mean removing textures, adding extra details etc) so I'm hoping by doing this I don't experience the same problems that you have.

I'll let you know once I've tested the other tracks.

10. yoss

yoss Registered

happy to help a project like yours

11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

The taste of failure...

After a full review of all tracks objects, fixed hundreds of problems with the geometry and let's go test. A full week work and plenty effort on it.

Fail.

After one hour of racing video crashes although the game keep working on background. Video driver failure again. Same crap of ever.

There's nothing else to do about track geometry. But a number of tracks run fine in Nvidia series for up to 8 hours straight, so it MUST be something with my track.

I'm deciding now what to do: buy a 1080 GTX or keep running after a ghost that I possibly never find out.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

So sorry that didn't fix it for you! Just remember that there are a number of 900-series owners(*) who do not experience these crashes, so it might be motherboard-related (like the new AMD graphics card demanding more current via the bus rather than the PSU) and a few tracks bring on the symptoms.

(*) I never experienced the problem with my 970. Upgraded to 1080 just a couple weeks ago.

13. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Emery, would you be able to run a 4 hours test with my track? You could let AI running and go for a walk just to check if the race end.

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Sorry to hear, ECAR!

Was really hoping, but not expecting it fixable - it's beyond the control of the individual software, it again seems proven.

15. emha76

emha76 Registered

Bad news :(

16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

+1 hopefully the problem get solved with the new graphic card.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am sure several people could help test. I will if you want to PM me right away as I will be away the rest of the week. I am AMD, which would only confirm that there are no problems there, but others with nVIDIA will help you, too. Before driving yourself crazy, you need to confirm it is a consistent problem and not just heat or some other issue with your particular card.

I had some of these issues in the past and the cure was to get rid of the overclocking software that came with the card and just use the AMD or nVIDIA drivers to control overclocking (or to turn it off, which would be advisable in this situation). Use default NVIDIA software only and reset all to default--see if that helps.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Sorry, the 1080 is in and I'm not going to yank it out to reinstall the 970.

19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

The fight is not finished, after killed all geometry bugs, let's go to materials and textures. There're still some suspects, as some non usual blend/dst-blend used for transparencies in post lights and others.

If keep crashing, I'm going to create step-by-step track scenes by isolating objects until find the culprit. It must not be random, just run another test with EGT cars + Toban, 4 hours race passed finely. Since all objects are OK now, thereis some shader, animation or texture that causes the issue. I think it's worth to keep on it because possibly the solution be applicable to other tracks.

20. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Some good indications:

Removed all set of reflections (car and track), 3d animated marshalls and night lights (omnis and glows) and the track kept stable with AI 30 cars for 3 hours without a crash. Going to run a 8 hours race now, if be succeeded I can isolate those items as the responsible for Nvidia driver crashes.

So, I'm going to reinsert one group per time to isolate the bad guy. For now, I'm putting my money in car and/or track reflections, since other problematic tracks (and mine) used to crash during day time as well.