1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 v1.6 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This sim-car was always truely amazing, it puts all other efforts to total shame (in other sims)
    I'm guessing these changes are subtle refinements & minor corrections

This is a type of car that translates into a sim very well providing it's been done very well
    & ISI have done a great job
    (obviously never driven one in real life but this is exactly how I'd imagine it would be & regardless this sim version s a total blast)

Hopefully it will now get the interest it deserves

Dosnt include new tire contact patch that's currently in development right?

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Standing applause . great job ISI.

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I been doing some laps with the car at Monza, it feels and looks a lot better than before. I really like those colours. I'll waiting for a new build to enjoy these cars online.

EDIT: I was able to race at Dijon with good PC performance. This car is A LOT fun to drive, and a huge step forward from the previous version. The handling is as difficult as it have be, but now you can handle the car with throttle and the steering wheel and make the car slide with control. The suspension is more progressive and you can feel what the car is going to do.

It's like a GPL wet dream.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Here's a Cooper-wannabe. Like the Eagle, it's tough to capture the color but I feel it's a good shade of green. Just pick whichever Braby you want ingame, go to Tuning, click Create Dir, and in the new folder (\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player\Settings\ISI_Brabham_blabla\folder) delete the _alt.dds and insert the following:

View attachment 15925

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Can't wait to give it a proper workout but was able to give it a quick spin and feels alright but need to turn down the detail as FPS was pretty low.

Question, I saw the install on Launcher and clicked it but then remembered I should have uninstalled old version first :p. This does raise a question in my mind though which is whether it makes sense to have updates in Launcher if you have to go to Mod Manager anyway to uninstall the prior version first? I guess it's still nice to be able to download straight from Launcher anyway :-|

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You should reeeally have needed to uninstall the old ones for a while, but people don't want to keep out of date stuff on their machine, unless it's to get confused about how to remove it about two years later. :)

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you ISI.

8. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Thanks Tim and team, great car!

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Physics
    – ModelWheelsIncludeAllTireMass’ fix / enhancement.
    – Inertia’s recalculated for total body and for individual parts (such as brake discs, etc)

Intresting update what awakes my curiousity and drives me to ask if this is also needed for some other cars, such as some of the modern open wheeler, because of the reason i talked about in the Tire Opinion thread, where i had the impression that the rotational parts on the non drive axle lack mass and inertia, due to the easily self lockup of the quite unloaded wheels under low lateral friction scenarios, the killing the tires.

..........and it would be nice to have a expanded filter option in the launcher, to filter out installed content on the main screen, and the possibility to uninstall content directly via the main screen, instead to use the advanced content manager, so that it would be possible to switch to the installed content screen by the filter and uninstall directly. Even better if the new content would show and link to the previous version, which need to be uninstalled first, and even better it would replace it automatically.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

For clarification when I say "old" I mean previous version ; not the VERY old ; thus I was still driving it, but I read into your answer that there was no need to uninstall the NOT very old version before clicking install in the Launcher so if that is the case then good. If not then my original observation stands...

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Dijon 79 plus this car is a match made in heaven! :)

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Gave it a workout this morning. Main impression is that it's a little easier to catch the slides than it used to be, but the default setup is definitely not my style and I had to tune spring/shock settings to suit me (just like I had to do with the prior version). It has always been a lively car! Excellent selection of paint schemes, sounds are improved, and I like the real drivers faces though I miss having the "masked marauder" as a selection.

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I thought he was great! :D

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah bring back the marauder!

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Uninstall/install issues turned out to be just a result of the transition that all the ISI cars are making. You can simply uninstall and re-install older content (right in the Mod Manager without downloading anything) that gets "broken" and all is well. Eventually this problem will disappear because all cars will be installed as individual cars.

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

All servers are hosting long tracks as (Monza, Longford, Spa). I don't know what you think, but I enjoy more these cars at short tracks like Dijon, Palm Beach, Putnam.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I also enjoy the shorter tracks with more cornering action. The feeling of tire grip is so utterly amazing in this car, I always look forward to the next corner.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

+1

19. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I agree. Those long track aren't good to know the car or make a setup, when you are basically flying over the asphalt most of the time. Races on long tracks usually are a crap when half of the field leave on the first lap.

20. BasicUser

BasicUser Registered

I cant stand the new steer feel. I lost the feeling of the car completely.
    To sum up my issue, It feels springy, blotchy, weak, dampened and wobbly.

The ffb is so much weaker compared to the previous version. I think it lost around 1/2 the strength from the previous version of the car. It like my t500rs is now only reaching 1/2 of its strength in very little cases.

I can NOT feel to countersteer anymore and my wheel feels so wobbly when I am trying to straighten up after a heavy turn in.
    My wheel feels so light I have to loosen my grip on my steering wheel to feel the small detail/effects and even after holding the wheel very lightly, the response of the wheel feels way behind perhaps due the fact the ffb is too weak and stays behind because of this. Its like the wheel can spin fast but with no weight is actually being used for the most part, but I fear its more than that since even trying a high ffb setting like 1.28, I get an odd hard strength effect and still doesn't convey the car like the previous version with the old ffb that was snappy, responsive, had good dynamic weight force and that it conveyed the proper counter steer amount required. Riding on the edge couldn't have been more fun and clear..

With this new ffb, there is almost no strength from the ffb for most of my driving. The only time the wheel feels heavy is in mid turn and I start to hear my back tire squeal from losing grip. Almost even if the back is loose, there is no noise at times I might add so I can't hear or feel the back. With this new wheel setup I can not tell how to correct this small back slide and I end up with the back never getting the proper adjustment and I lose control or I get a snap back that since I over corrected.

I cant feel the back whatsoever. It is like the wheel is only conveying the spring and some weight on the front tires. Very odd feeling compared to the old steering ffb this car had.

Before the update, I spent days with this car so I can compare the difference and with this new version, I might as well not compare them at all, but from what I can tell, it behaves very similar. I just cant say much since the new steering ffb is so different that I would say from the ffb alone its a totally different vehicle which it is not of course.

I happen to like the previous version much better. I do realize this new ffb is on other cars that I do like and it makes me realize why I have a hard time controlling them as well. The old ffb has the ability to tell you how much to counter steer and wasn't springy and light, but strong and responsive with the right sense of weight to the wheel to tell me when I turned enough and when I messed up and the back is going to slide.

I am not trying to post a flame message, but whether state how I dislike this new steering ffb. It makes the car feel like a springy loose car than a solid near grip on the edge feeling that I enjoy so much from the previous car with the older ffb and I hope this wont stop me from enjoying the f1 eve after it gets updated. I cant imagine driving that car on the edge like I can now.

I know this is my first post and it seems a bit negative, but I do really enjoy rfactor 2. Its just this new steering ffb that makes me worry a bit. I am glad I was able to test the previous car to this new version, as now I can see how bad I dislike this new ffb that rfactor 2 is moving to. If I didn't play with the previous version for a few days straight while learning the car for the first time, I may have liked the new update, but seeing how well the old ffb responded, I can't enjoy the new version. If it had the old ffb, I probably would enjoy the new update, but that is yet to be seen.

If you have tested the previous version with the older ffb and have a t500rs wheel, I would like to hear from your experience.