1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 v1.6 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

One is a real car, with almost the very latest ISI technology; the other is a composite, that hasn't been updated in a long time. There is no comparison that makes any sense. Hopefully when the historic open-wheelers are updated we'll have three slightly different F1 cars from that era to race that all behave authentically to the same extent. And two each F2 and F3.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yes and no ; because they were different before the BT20 was updated. Why? Very interested in a technical dicussion of how these vehicles are different (forget rF2 tech implementation differences ; just focus on the basic car properties, weight distribution, engine, brakes, COG, suspension, whatever) and how that affects handling and driving technique. For example, the BT20 has less power but is more fuel efficient and therefore can run lighter, etc. etc. etc.

As an example, I once asked why I felt more from the road in a Spark F2 vs Spark F1 and someone explained that Spark F1 is heavier and therefore needs stronger springs/shocks and therefore Spark F2 needs less and therefore you can feel more through the road.

Come on people. Show us what you know ;)

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I see what you are getting at. Intriguing, but would be nice to know for ALL cars, not just these!!

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The BT20 got less inertia and a different CoG besides other adjustments, right? It has flex, it doesn't have the new tires though they were improved when compared to the original. The Spark is a F2 real life car that in game had a version adapted for F1. The Eve is from a few years after the Brabham and far more powerful.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Cool. And yeah I don't disagree but I am personally most curious about these "similar" vehicles, especially if I can learn something that increases my knowledge/understanding of vehicles/physics...

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Dunno. But before I applied (most of) the Spark F1 suspension, etc settings the rear of the car seemed to just drag behind the front or something I couldn't even explain it and whenever I could get the rear end out in search of 4 wheel drift grip it would often come around on me and I hated it when it happened because I didn't feel it was me. I haven't confirmed yet because I haven't checked the default BT20 settings yet nor I have fiddled but I'm wondering if the default toe on the BT20 is different but I can't be sure because I often remove rear toe so I'm not sure if it was there originally on the BT20 or not.

7. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Not sure if I can answer what you'd like to know, but the BT20 is my favorite sim car. I found the default setup was a great start to getting a setup I liked that would 4-wheel drift pretty nicely. I didn't change toe at all, mostly diff, shocks, and springs with camber adjustments per track. Hope you find what you like. I did.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Before my summer break (no RF2 for a time) I had a last run with the BT20.
    If ISI had told me that it was enhanced to new tire model with last build 982 I would have agreed.
    What a nice car to drive, for me the ultimate driving experience.
    At this time, cars were still cars, and not rolling planes, races were races and not show business events.
    Cheers.

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

This hasn't got cpm has it ?

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Nope. Everything released after Karts do. Basically everything that was done before April hasn't got it yet.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Though it was greatly improved

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

ISI should get you to write a nice piece about all the historics and which ones mate with which other ones and the history and tech specs when they receive their updates (hopefully soon).

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Spark F1 is like no other and Eagle v12 will be most welcome. And the lower powered variants are great for more technical tracks where you are able to keep a lower-powered vehicle on the limit most of the track but have to use every ounce of power, push the vehicle to its limit and maintain momentum to do so. Historic vehicles translate so beautifully to sim racing.

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

If directed at me then sorry as I meant Spark F1 is like no other SIM car because no other sim car drives or feels like it or is as much fun or detailed IMO.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Makes sense :)