Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Some teams have pointed out some valid reasons for wanting to try a new platform but the reasons this team has cited don't make much sense. Content theft isn't going away simply by switching to AC. Also, what does paymods have to do with anything? How many teams are doing paymods anyways? This isn't the first time I've heard people talk about paymods being on the uprise yet I only know of one team that is doing paymods. I hardly consider that an uprise.

2. Domi

Domi Registered

Do you realize that you are defining point per point the rF1/rF2 community as well? Every single thing you said has happened here too, and way before AC was even a project...

Edit: lol, just check the guy who made a list of mods few messages back. 2 of them are mods with ripped cars :) So please, let's be serious.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Very true. Unethical people are everywhere. Not just in simracing but in all aspects of life. But I'm not sure how unethical people pushed them from one platform to another. They will still have the same problems. As others have pointed out, at least in rF you can encrypt content. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing at all.

4. Domi

Domi Registered

Agreed. I also find weird the reason behind, but to be honest it's not the first time that VR has written something based on very old comments that might be outdated by now. I haven't seen anywhere an "official" statement from DRM group saying that they chose AC for this reason...

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I know that this is something common in all simulators but with AC are passing the line of the "allowable" by far.

One thing is privately share content and quite another what we are seeing with AC. Crowd of public forums ripped content sharing, websites selling ripped content from other games or other mods ....

There have always been cases but these were isolated cases. In AC this is a common practice and what is worse, much of the community of AC not only defends these practices if the definde tooth and nail if necessary.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Maybe they believe that would be the reason for the free fall how you like to call it.

Nice to have mods and all due respect to all the talents out there but i never bought any of the driving games for mods. ;)

7. Domi

Domi Registered

Nope, in AC it is a common practice, as it's been here (not in this forum, in rF community I mean). I know that some people here thinks that this community is special and different, but it isn't, like Noel said there are unethical people everywhere. Balanesko has been selling ripped cars for rF and rF2 for many many years, almost all NFS and Forza cars have been ported for rF. Same with tracks, it's has been always a plague of converted tracks from every other sim avaiable.

8. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

9. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

I wonder why rF2 does not have so much ripped content like rF. Because rF2 community it's more pure or it's just not worth it?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Good question. Maybe because most of the content in rF2 is already ripped from another source? Why rip a car from rF2 if you can just go back to the same source, for example Forza. Most new sims start with a lot of ripped content and conversions. AC is no exaption. A bunch of ripped models with crap physics strapped on. With time they will both have more scratch content which will then get ripped. History repeats over and over. What I don't get is why would a mod team want to relearn all aspects from scratch? If you already know rF1 then you already have a big headstart in rF2. But switching to AC is like starting all over. Which probably explains all the converts with crap physics. No one has a grasp on the physics engine yet. Look how long it took for truly amazing physics to come out of rF1.

Personally AC is just the new shiny toy right now. People (Including modders) go there get bored and then come back.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Missed this earlier but right there is a good enough reason to switch, sure AC is majorly lacking in features but if your mod gets noticed by a vastly bigger number of people then you're bound to go to that game. Then when you've got their attention release an upgrade pack for X amount of $$$ and you're bound to make a few quid....makes good business sense to me!

If the only reason is because of Ripping then they've been blindsided, simply put, as others have said it happens in EVERY PC racing game title (bar iRacing of course). Either way I;'m not fussed in the slightest, I'll download it for AC if I want it...but I doubt it!

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Besides the fact that I give a poop what VirtualAC writes:

If there is any other reason for a modder, other then to give the community an awesome, new driving experience (with a nice car-model), then it´s better if this modder keeps away from rF2.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Excellent points and beautifully put. Thumbs up! :)

15. Domi

Domi Registered

Like who? (modders)

16. Avo1977

Avo1977 Registered

I think you misunderstood the question...

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

HistorX and EnduRacers have both explored AC and rF2 and both teams have said they are mostly leaning towards rF2. VR obviously isn't going to focus on those facts as much as the fact that these teams said they were exploring all options.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

How do you figure? He asked why no one is ripping rF2 content and that is what I answered. He was sort of implying that no one rips rF2 content because it isn't worth ripping. The majority of the scratch content is from ISI which is all encrypted. The rest of the content is ripped from other sims so in that case they just go to the original source.

19. Avo1977

Avo1977 Registered

Imho he was implying that no one rips content from other sources to port it IN rFactor2...

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, that sentence is a bit different than "they go there get bored and then come back" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.