Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Money talks. Although I could see a backlash if people found out Kunos was paying off mod teams and I doubt it could be kept a secret for long if they were. But you never know. People can keep secrets really well when money is involved.

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Guys, not easy to find the source, but i think DRM team said in 2012 that their mod would be not ported to rF2.

So, where is the news?

I am not sure about DRM rules, but if the races lasted max 10 laps and if they didnt race in the wet or under rain, i think we can say good luck to the DRM guys.
    If DRM raced also under rain and the races lasted more than 10 laps, even more good luck to them. :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Leagues drivers on a whole are not bothered with supporting open rooms bar their own to get members, which is fair enough ;)

I am most grateful and respect for them in the things they do to make rF2 a better experience for all in way of tools and fixes, etc. :D

More easily accessible on line rooms the more drivers in them the more new members you will pull is my theory.

Don't you think once word went around there was 500 in open room stock content would not impress some to buy it.

Be nice if they could give back a few hours to open no mod rooms every week like each Team host a different car ......... like AVL Megane ie: all stock content.

That is the only room in first 10 I could get in.

Besides the fact the introduction to rF2 should be done with all stock content and no hoops to jumps through .......imho.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Well, funny thing is that your comment gave me the idea to check RaceDepartment club events to have a picture of the online status of both games.

rF2 GTs @ Nordschleife (race was today) on EU timezone: 10 drivers in the signup list
    AC GTs @ Nordschleife (scheduled for tomorrow) on EU timezone: 32 drivers (26 + 6 on reserve list)
    AC Ruf @ Donington (scheduled for tomorrow) on aussie timezone: 15 drivers

Because a lot are practicing for the VEC... :eek:

What did i do wrong to you? :confused:
    I support the VEC!!! It's the top rF2 endurance league. Halve of our rF2 member are racing at Spa tomorrow.
    BTW: GetMod always worked. But not with a password and multiple server installs. That is fixed in build 906. :D

Thanx for your support and good luck tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Promag

Promag Registered

That is so odd, I have raced off and on over rd and those rf2 admins are extremely helpful, knowledgeable and quite patient. Considering some of the grief they have to put up with I would be less patient. Seriously fine gentleman.

Edit: and another thing, those guys are such good ambassadors for rf2 it is ludicrous to call them out in this forum they are good for the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  6. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

While this is a possible szenario I'm not a fan of conspiracies. Can already see someone stating this as a fact ... I know its not your intention :)

This whole rf2 vs. AC comparison is tiresome, as stated millions of times. But here I am also giving my opinion ;)

One can't really compare the two for matters already mentioned and the different approaches the two development teams are taking. By the nature of the two sims I think AC will always have the higher user base, its appealing to a lot of people for different reasons (some reasons I can understood more, others less), so Kunos does something right. Its clearly not as bad as some are saying, after the 1.0 update I quite enjoy driving it occasionally (before the update the ffb for me was kinda broken, at least with my G25) and while its lacking a lot of fundamental features there are leagues running AC.
    This being said I prefer rf2 over AC because for me the ffb and information I get from the car is superior. And Kunos are taking some approaches ISI wouldn't even think of (for example forced slow-down penalty) and probably never going to implement features which are important to me like day/night circle, weather and so on ...
    People who value this things as much as I do will likely come back to rf2 if AC not going to implement them. Others who don't value them might enjoy AC quite as much as I do rf2 and thats great! Reading this forum one sometimes gets the feeling people who actually enjoy AC are crazy ...
    I always see rf2 as a kind of niche product (just like a realistic flight simulator is) and while I hope the community is growing I already enjoy the community as it is :) Most of the rf2 users are like-minded, there are a lot of great communities out there (people who prefer pick-up racing will be disappointed though) and nearly every new driver who joins one of the servers I'm on has great racing etiquette, its really kinda special. (as is this forum if one doesn't bring AC into the discussion ;) )

Regarding some of the steatments made about DRM modding team switching to AC ("not talented enough", "taking the easy way") ... wow, just wow. Be happy for every modding team out there regardless which sim they choose, they spent countless of hours to give us a great experience and then after producing one of the rf1 greatest mods one has to read statements like the ones above. Maybe they are limited in time but want to bring their mod to a next gen sim so it won't get 'forgotten' and therefore choose "the easy way" because its no longer a question of AC or rf2 but AC or nothing ... well some people here would prefer the nothing option though (if I can't have it no one should ...). Maybe they have a not so 'nice' reason ... in the end its their decision.
    I would like to see all those great modding teams choose rf2 as much as the next guy and I think some of the mods will be wasted in AC if they don't deliver the features but some reactions here are just way over the top.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

The news was that they decided to develop for AC after an rF1 v3 non-release one year ago and the statement that they weren't going to mod again until there was a way to prevent rip-offs. Since AC, to my knowledge, has no way to prevent rip-offs, this whole thing doesn't make sense.

8. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Yeah, kind of strange behaviour.

AC rips easily and has literally no protection for this while RF2 allows encryption at least.
    And why would you choose AC over RF2 when it clearly has less features and is not in for the long run regarding the simulation factors?

It's not wrong for a mod team to choose AC. But on those stated grounds (I havent read any sources though, so dont shoot me if it's wrong). Just seems weird.

Well, we still have plenty things to drive allready, and more will come surely!

9. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

"They are not talented enough for RF2"
    "They are taking the easy way"
    "Says more about the modding group than the sim"
    "They will be forgotten in time"
    And now to the best one:
    "Kunos are probably paying them to release on AC"

You seriously sound like you have been left behind by your wifes or something - and the new boyfriend is AC. Heres a suggestion: play that particular mod in AC and play your other mods in RF2. Dont worry ISI wont lose money because you buy AC as well .

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Post #109. It won't affect the DRM modders in any way - it doesn't affect any modders (unless their mod is payware hence a possible loss of sales/income). Now close this thread already and let's get back to the track! :)

P.S. If I were a dev, I would SOOO try to "convince" modders of huge mods to join my game if I knew those mods were some of the best ever and would almost certainly increase sales. So stop getting all anti-conspiracy as if no human being is capable of this. I know some conspiracy theory people go overboard, but jesus Christ some people are so darn naive and ignorant with more wool over their eyes than my baby niece. I'm not saying this has been done, but I'm not saying it hasn't either; all I know is that A. It's a definite possibility, and B. Personally, I would most likely do this myself (although I wouldn't feel right, but business and money isn't about feelings, sadly)

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm not concerned about the qtys of mods releasing for rf2 at the moment even if another titles is having more tenfold

quality is the key & ISI release top quality now

things could turn quite rapidly, a decent mod/series being released for rf2 to could it supernova
    a few more builds & content updates could make rf2 prime serious (& "shiney" ) software
    the base physics are already there (unlike other titles that are also work in progress)

+if rf1 goes to steam & ISI include some kind of mention of rf2 in it popularity could increase (of rf2) from that exposure alone

not sure on sales qtys of rf2 the last time I guessed it was approx 16000
    could potentially multiply in the future & hope it does

12. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I have no idea why any modder wants to change formats, its their choice so good on them.
    I only put my post above to add to the entertainment on topics like this OP.
    I couldn't care less about AC ( never tried ) PCars (never tried ) or Iracing ( tried but costs too mch IMHO ) or any other sim going around.
    I chose RF2 because it was the next progression of RFactor, which I have used since they release an online test version 10 or so years ago.

if its going to take time for new mods to arrive for it, well and good, I'll wait. If I find an illegal conversion that I like, I will use it, its my choice.

One thing I will say is I find it quite comical how there are so many mods being released for AC that originated in RF1.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Same with Tracks.

Which would make less content per sim, help make them more unique and strengthen average room numbers.

And a separate build which would effectively block unapproved content.

The normal build would run "anything else" so there is no discrimination :p

That was the thing was great about the golden age of sims for me, each sim was worth buying as it was
    different. lol

Like if a scratch quality Isle of Man or Dundrod was released and exclusive to one sim, no matter what it was, count me in !

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  14. boxer

boxer Registered

if you could only convince Jim Pearson to re-create his great masterpieces for rF2... :-( I would pay for them...

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

ISI built a whole sim around those 2 circuits and a few Historic cars I will pay $100 too mate.

;)

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Ok i guess it possible. but if thats reality then i guess isi is to blame because they have been outbid by kunos with this mod team?

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

18. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

Noel, first off I think you should tone it down a bit within a public forum. It's a bit unprofessional to go off slamming a fellow community with nothing to back up your statements.

Secondly, none of the admins from RD joined your league as admins, we joined as Team Owners representing our own " brands".

Thirdly, if you want to talk about arrogant, and not getting things working, then take a look throughout your own forums first before posting within a public forum.

No community is perfect, and each has it's own flaws. But you don't go around publicly bashing another community, it's just wrong.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

When people see things they don't want to believe, they start throwing out insults like this in order to try and convince themselves the world is how they wish it to be, rather than using critical thinking, logic, and research to come to a conclusion. I feel sad for you but I have hope that you will one day "wake up" from your blinded, and partly self-imposed ignorance.

20. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

I hope that isn't intended for me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.