Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

In the last few months we are, sadly, seeing more and more modding team and modders leaving the ISI engine and switch to Assetto Corsa and the last one, maybe the best mod for rfactor1 DRM Revival, sadly, will not make it for rf2.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well is their choice so be it. ;)

Can't be because of the physics :rolleyes: p

Personally if rF2 was official content only would not bother me the slightest, I would just have more people to lap with.

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Well I would not say they are the best if they are leaving. Just means they were not talented enough to figure out rf2.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It doesn't mean DRM won't make it to rF2. No one knows how to convert an rF1 mod to rF2? Obviously there a tons of people who do. They don't even have to fully optimize and re-work all the physics (including tyre model) from scratch for rF2. Even just "dropping" the mod into rF2 will most likely already give it better physics than in rF1, let alone actually optimizing it for rF2.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

AC are charging for extras now ?

Dream Pack is it, oh it has 10 cars and Nords. :rolleyes:

Big whoop why should you pay extra, no wonder it was cheap. ?

Geee they love talking about themselves ........
    What dribble lol

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

My worst nightmare seem to happen wake up DD, community and most of all ISI, the DRM team’s decision is not rooted in licensing or legal pressure but comes from within the team as the creators are unhappy with the current state of the modding community.The team cites several reasons for their decision, including the unauthorized ripping and converting of their work to other simulations, the recent rise pay mods as well as a general unhappiness with rFactor itself and in rFactor are not ISI mods most used and the best mods and the reason to popularity is third party mods like EnduRacers, HistoriX, DRM etc.:)

EnduRacers has made a new platform statement 12 September 2014 that rFactor2 is the only new platform witch simulates endurance racing features but they will also anyway keep an eye on the other platforms developments and the HistoriX team keep an eye on the other platforms developments and have not decided if mod is going to be released to rFactor2 or not.:mad:

I would also have more people to lap with but it is not going to happen like rFactor2 is today and just face the fact that rFactor 2 not being up to the standards of many modders yet, beta release January 2012, years in making with same issues and the same feature/bug items that get dredged-up after every update because they haven't been dealt with thoroughly, mirrors, heat haze bubble, AI, AA/transparency, no support to multi GPU and triple screens etc., etc..............:(

I am worried how this is going to end, development and the game does not look good like it is today and something must be done as soon as possible.

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

What about the modding groups that ARE switching to rf2. Personally I'm very optimistic about the next few months. Enduracers. Seat Leon. Cart factor. More creations from 32 pixels. James Mabes tracks. Urd. Apex modding.More 3rd party collaborations with isi. And a shed load more I can't remember now. Great times ahead.

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Selective reading ftw, you really only see what you want to see dont u

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so? buy AC and play it in that, problem solved.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah, people want to look another 2-3 years past when it is goes Steam.

( I said that back when OTHER peope used to mention the word GOLD ( Tim stepped in and stopped them ) back then I said ........" give it 3 years when it goes gold "

Ari I was not being flippant, if a team decides on another sim all I will do is wish them luck.

I not going to get bogged down in these sort of worries.

I simply love Historics, if ISI closed development tomorrow I could live with the F3 model bugs.

If I had to drive F1-BT20-F2-F3-G4-G6 and Lola forever it would not bother me. :)

Ari, I don't think rFactor users preference to mods means much, no rF stock content held a candle to any of rF2's.

Myself, rather then 10 nice mods I would like the modders to expand the cars and tracks for existing ISI content.

Where are the Indycar tracks ??? the F1 and F3 Cars ??? wheres my Rouen and Mexico and Mosport hi quality ???

You had 3 years hehehehe ( jk jk !!! ) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Excuse me TC nothing to do with being selective, they do it all the time, ProjectCARS too. ?

Always floating their own boats. :rolleyes:

Anyway they introduce DLC...........so now people know why rF2 was dearer to begin with huh ? loool

and whats this "you really only see what you want to see dont u" BS crap Do I ???

Go tell someone who gives a toss. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

32 pixels just proved that there is nothing wrong with 3rd party moding for isi and rf2. Some just aren't up to the challenge it would seem.. Or. It's only about $$$$ and not the product

13. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

My CSR-Elite doesn't work with the AC demo so not even going to bother.
    And to think Fanatec are in cahoots with AC so what gives there then............

14. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

more dribble lol

AC has 10 circuits ? ( + drift and drag+ )
    rF2 has 15 circuits ? ( + offroad demo )

Like I said, people wonder why AC was cheaper, now they going to charge for Nords on top.

What do I want 40 BMW and Lotus for anyway. :p

16. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

NetKarPro works nicely with My Elite and at 4 Euro's........bargain.
    Not much in NKPro to be fair but so cheap you can't go wrong.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I could ask the same of AC over this 10 car Nords caper.

I confused they going to release both free and paid content or more paid content ?

Would not surprise me they introduce yearly subscription for severs.

All of a sudden rF2 would start looking real cheap. lool

;)

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So many in community is taken to hostage by ISI and have Stockholm Syndrome, wake up guys, it is not about AC vs Fr2, it is emthy online lobby(22 now) and it will never be filled if only ISI mods are present.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I was a bit bummed out at first when I read about DRM going to AC. But as someone else suggested, this move probably says a bit more about the modding group than it does about this sim. It seems to be a case of just taking the easy way. I will just never understand why anyone would go the easy route when the 'return' is that much smaller. So there will be a bunch of beauties available in AC that won't be much fun to race, because everything just feels completely off and watered out. Instead of having serious sim racers using those cars, it'll be gamepad kids ramming and crashing online. Lol and the screenshot nuts will have a bunch of new cars to take screenshots of. What a waste. But yeah, it's the modding group's choice.

The real showcase of true modding skills lies in this sim imo. Here the cars don't only look great but they feel great too, like we have experienced time and time again.

And again, the doom and gloom squad need not worry. We have plenty of magnificent mods coming to this sim in the future, like someone else already pointed out. Some very significant stuff is headed our way, already confirmed and well on the way. So stop spreading panic, it doesn't do anybody any good. :)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only need 4-5 other F3s

I happy :)

Ari I honestly believe once it goes more or less final and/or Steam we can start training a whole new bunch of rookies.

After a few years in AC they going to need it !@!

hehehe

guys I only funning I like all sims they all have their good their bad their ugly including rF2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.