F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I can confirm on all given accounts of bottom dragging on certain ground surfaces.

Agree with this also: "the F1ASR92 cars are brilliant!"

2. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Tyrrell in upload, Mclaren reuploaded with bug lcd bug fixed, Minardi Uploaded.

Then we will consider all feedback, to make possible corrections to the physics.

Next job will be the release of 643 within September , which in the meantime donors testing the 0.7 version of it.

I think they receive it in the next hours.

[​IMG]

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

"Please post feedback" says the opening post.
    So I will but I don't know if it has been said already.......not going to search 19 pages though ;)

Mod seems fine, I love driving it.
    Small thing however is the silence after starting the engine with some of the cars. That can easily be fixed in the engine.INI file by changing the "engine start time". (Or make the sound file longer......but is more work).

So please, keep up the good work, awesome job guys!

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Continuing the feedback:
    - The turn in is really sluggish and tires feel like they move too much laterally. The car can often go into a four wheel drift off on corners instead of a planted rear at lesser or decreasing speeds
    - With a minor setup tweak the AI can lap 1:49 in Spa. The first sector is slower than real life (which is good) but may highlight the issue with the lack of front bite coming off La Source, the 2nd sector by Stavelot isn't too far off so it feels like it's a mix of balance of the car that doesn't portray one aspect well but makes up for it with another

5. crz

crz Registered

First thing that came to my mind after trying v1.7 cars. Had a blast anyway, Monaco just flies by in these :)

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I have been hosting races at Bahrain yesterday (and today), and testing all cars. The physics at the moment feel perfect for me, with slide of the back when you over drive it, and looking front tires when you brake too much at low speed. Tire's wear seems very equal in front and rear tires, that's good.

All the car's physics are the same? just the engine change?

Congrats again for this already classic MOD.

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Great cars!
    One physic thing. Allow more rear-weight bias. Currently the fronts are melted and the rears too cold.
    I guess this would be a realistic change.
    Otherwise thumbs up, great stuff with great fun!

Edit: This was meant to old version. Its completely different in the new version.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sounds like a setup or driving style issue more than a mod issue to me. I have very equal tire wear, with perhaps a bit more wear on the rears when I overdrive a bit.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Physics feel very authentic to me, but of course I've never driven a real 1992 F1 car. But it responds almost emotionally as I would expect it to and as it appears to me the real cars responded to the real drivers through film and TV coverage.

I am sure improvements are possible, but they are superior in authenticity to just about everything else out there right now in my opinion (save for the bottoming-out problem).

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

No, of course not ;), but i tried the old version.
    The new 1.7 cars have completely different physics and balance ;).

11. baked bean

baked bean Registered

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I miss Duke Essingtons (and Flying Dutchman the data-man) hi-fi physics - you know of the 91HE-class-type of physics...
    But I think it's impossible to even wish for...

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Looks like it's maybe a hdr bug, also its in early beta still, got to test it early for making a donation for the F1 92 mod :D

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That's HDR and the extreme ranges of the color spectrum. I'd like to point out that reflection on the left sidepod despite there being no light source to cause that shine, and the upper bit looking like something from the mesh causing that line.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Whats the intention that the slow bump and rebound values are the same with the same range as the high bump and rebound values. That can not be right.

Here you can see what i mean if u set the damper setting in the player file to a true value and not click output

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9ck11tn64u4xe2/aaa.jpg

The slow settings are always a way different and allows a very different range compared to the fast ones

I think the tyre degradation is much to low, i loose only 1-1,5% per lap on Silverstone, so i could go a full stint on only one set

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

First of all great mod, good fun to drive, i like me f1 90's mods, thanks for all of the time and effort you guys put in!. Just a couple of my own observations, i wouldn't say they are problems but just things i noticed. Firstly had a go last night with the benetton and thought that the downshift sounds sounded strange, sounds fine on acceleration but not when slowing and downshifting. Second, i do not know what the front of these cars look like in real life but to me the tyres look way to big / wide from the tv camera view, they look out of proportion to the rest of the car. Finally, when looking around the car with the myriad of cameras that are available i have noticed that all logo's, fonts etc are blurry but when looking at an offboard camera everything looks crystal clear. Is this something that can be fixed? Are they low res skins? Or is this done on purpose for fps?

Cheers

F1A

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

[​IMG]

I just saw this!! Amazing cockpit!!
    Best Ive seen in RF2 along with Tuttle's Dallara :cool: (great shot btw mr baked bean)

Cant drive it now, Ill have to wait till September, Im away of my wheel :S

19. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Please don't reupload any cars/mod, we're just working on a single package version, and, in additition to this we cant't monitoring download numbers.

20. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Brilliant work quality!

Would there be any plans in the future for a 1994 mod as well?