F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats the answer Jim.

I remember this Season very well Jim.

There was big talk about these new gearboxes, I think Williams was the first to use them and Ferrari followed (everybody was very impressed that Ferrari took a such a quick jumb away from tradition).
    There was much talk if drivers could cope with it, many thought it would be against their instict and at some critical moment they would try to find the stick and miss the gear change lol.
    At the end of the season it was obvious to all that this was the way to go but all were amazed too that Senna could turn faster with his H-shift :D

What I was really asking is if we could use what we should in-game as Ive seen Sderenno saying some pages back that H-shifts will be implememted latter (or so I understood ) :confused:
    What does that mean?

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

About the amount of grip, brake power and locking, it could be an option to reduce the amount of wing available at the moment.

The cars feel good about how they slide when you use low wing settings. May be limiting the wing setting could be a good idea to emulate the driving style of 1992.

I think those races were about speed but a lot about to be careful with the tires.

BTW, I will be hosting Estoril from ISI in an hour

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

92 gears:

Mclaren Mp4/6B = H-Shift
    Mclaren Mp4/7 = Paddle-Shift
    Tyrrell=H-Shift
    Williams=Paddle-Shift
    Brabham=H-Shift
    Footwork=H-Shift
    Lotus=H-Shift
    Fondmetal=H-Shift
    March=H-Shift
    Benetton=H-Shift
    Dallara=H-Shift
    Minardi=H-Shift
    Ligier= Paddle-Shift
    Ferrari= Paddle-Shift
    Venturi=H-Shift
    Jordan=H-Shift
    Moda=H-Shift

But this is an LE version, if we make the mod too difficult to drive, it would be little used by communities.

When we create an HE version of the mod, all this talk will be considered.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The historic edition will give Williams quite an advantage, like 1993. But that's the beauty of historic, variation and emulation. I'll keep giving the cars a spin at another time to post more constructive feedback, I know the first released is for league work but it doesn't mean that there can't be "notes" ready for when historic edition work commences :). League edition can always just be based on a top runner of the year, like the Williams (or Ferrari, Benetton, McLaren) serving as the base.

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

If we reduce amount of wings, best drivers would use always the maximum of wing, we have already increased the drag in this version.

Our friend, ex real driver in F3000, told us that the sensations on the sim are very small, and to make them similar to the reality f1 should go at least 400 km/h and have a lot more power.

This is one of the reason of this powerful cars.

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I see, good response. What about to reduce the brake? Is that possible at least? I'm doing some laps at Portugal for the first time, and brake point are wild too late.

7. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

if I reduce the braking power, the wheels do not lock and it is wrong, i have to decrease the grip on braking.

8. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

The best way is increase drag of wings, so you can use less wings load to make good lap times , but then driving experience and speed sensation would be really poor.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Good, that's what I was trying to say. Locks are needed :)

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry to mix in here, but I would suggest body drag as well as it doesn't change with wing settings; you can mix it a bit.......how much do you want to change topspeed with wing settings and how much topspeed do you want>> you can figure that one out by playing with these.

As for the lockup and to much grip; the tires........really, I looked into the files and they have an extreme amount of grip.
    Lower that and the lockup will be there (and braking will be harder).

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How can braking distance be increased by ~50m without having any adverse impact in the reality of the rest of the physics and vehicle dynamics?

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

See what I wrote above; the tires have way to much grip and corner speed is very high.
    But if you do want to keep that; adjusting lift rates also.......

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

This can be done by altering the torque- and power multipliers in the HDV file also.
    Make the torque higher and the power lower to; a) get the sensation and b) not have an insane topspeed.

The T multiplier goes from lower revs up to about half the rpm field and the P multiplier kicks in around half up to max.
    You will see it brings sensation and not the insane topspeed to go with those high settings.

I made a utility to show the power/torque settings in the engine files and it calculates also the HDV settings in there.
    I filled it in just to show what I mean. It's not the engine from this mod exactly and the hdv settings are absolutely fictional, but just to show:

(blue line is from engine.ini, purple is with HDV settings calculated in)

View attachment 13885

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I posted feedback on page 14 or 15 that mentioned that, I don't want to keep everything else as is. My question was about brakes alone as Sderenno cited not being able to do that due to (non) locking issues.

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, but have you seen what I wrote than?

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, I wasn't disagreeing. I cannot comment on specific values as I have not checked the numbers in the files themselves, just going off driving and comparison to 92 :).

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for fixing sound gap between starter motor and race engine on the McLaren. Hopefully others will eventually get it, too, though it's not a big deal.

Tires are too grippy, but I agree with Sdrenno not to go to a totally realistic setting for the LE. The cars are just too much fun with the extra grip and it obviously makes them easier to control. Hey, it works for AC, so why not here, too ;)

We realism freaks will eventually get what we want with the HE versions :)

18. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Interesting analysis, however not enough to change a single thing. Everything is related.

Probably with less longitudinal grip in the tires and engine modifications recommended by Navigator, physics would be improved.

I'll can test in September when i'll have my wheel.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Just to clarify, Ferrari was the first team to go with paddles/semi-automatic GB. They already tested it in 88. 1989 though was the first season where they used it from the start. Then came along Williams in 1991.

Just to clarify, McLaren did not have semi-automatic gearbox only in the last 6 races they had a semi-automatic mounted to the back of the RA122 engine.

I don't think the Ligier JS37 had semi-automatic. I have photos of it with a gear-lever, which goes back and forth, left and right :)

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

No love for the 95 - 99 seasons?