[WIP] Spec Miata

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Cool. Will try later today. I think my agression is at 35%. Not sure. They were doing 1 even though for sure. May have been a full rubbered in track though.
    Thanks

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would expect that overheating the engine should affect reliability, not performance. I want to see breakdowns for people (or AI) who ignore an overheating engine. I guess there will be some performance degradation as your engine is about to tank, but at that point you have bigger issues to worry about.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

This car is really good!

With this version 0.93 the AI is faster and, as I'm not:), I choose 90% ( for AI's strength) instead of 100% with version 0.92...For me, that's what has changed!

4. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Noticed that during a 10 lap race at Indy 2013 I was unable to get any sort of heat into the right front brake, the left front was showing temperatures in the 300-500 F range, while the right front was 100-140 F.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

You should not misunderstand it, I would not write to you if I would like nothing on this vehicle, believe me and these are two little things that I have noticed. If you say it is right as it is and nothing appeals to me, you're right I do not have to use it but that was not my intention.

I find only it must not be possible to achieve such a level of grip because that seems unrealistic to me and what I'm trying to tell you about the transmission has nothing to do with gear ratio only but maybe flywheel mass, because it behaves as a vehicle with a long translation but lack of flywheel mass, that the drive train and engine performance do not fit together somehow because it literally die off at a slight gradient especially from the 4th.

If that was similar the real thing so then the balance is wrong also. Don't know if you understand what I mean, it would be actually a lack of development of engineers and this is not the case because the car is very good for the time when it was developed.

But ok maybe that's rf2 maybe not, you must know, I just wanted to help. Well that the miata forum is new to you, maybe it will help you better. ;)

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks, great little car! So fun to drive. So fun that it screams for interior graphics to match it's physics quality! :) Maybe some other modder could do the job with your permission, PB?

Looking forward for supercharged version!

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Not sure why interior graphics are so important to some of you guys. I honestly don't spend that much time looking at anything other than the gauges when I'm driving a SIM or a real car. I'm kinda scared to be on the track with you guys that are looking around inside the car whilst driving ;)

All joking aside, if someone really wants to spend the time to update the cockpit, that's fine with me

8. Justy

Justy Registered

Great car Plickbadger, really enjoying tearing round Thruxton with this at the moment. Thankyou for all your efforts. :cool:

9. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you! This is a legitimate bug and will be fixed in the next version

FrontLeft from HDV
    BrakeHeating=6.00e-04 // heat added linearly with brake torque times wheel speed (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeCooling=(5.76e-03,3.40e-4) // minimum brake cooling rate (base and per unit velocity) (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeDuctCooling=9.00e-05 // brake cooling rate per brake duct setting (at max disc thickness)

FrontRight from HDV
    BrakeHeating=3.475e-004 // heat added linearly with brake torque times wheel speed (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeCooling=(2.42e-002,4.20e-004) // minimum brake cooling rate (base and per unit velocity) (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeDuctCooling=1.15e-004 // brake cooling rate per brake duct setting (at max disc thickness)

Essentially the update for the FrontRight brake heating didn't make it into the v93 compile. It's in my devmode test version

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Hi PlickBadger, nice update! :)

I noted same problem I already talked for v0.92 in a previous post (post 96):
    - when pressing "I", AI cannot drive the car if the second shifter choice (the one with no delay for H-shifter) is selected. It stay stuck in Neutral gear on practice, and in race it can set gear one and cannot set gear two, stuck on Neutral full throttle.

And those new ones which are probably there from the first version:
    - possible texture conflict with this car and HUD. Only when I use your car I cannot use this HUD as gear number and speed one don't appear. It's fine when I use any other car.
    Picture grabbed from Internet and modified to show the problem:
    View attachment 13206

- strange clipping of the shadow: when in chase view and light goes from front, the shadow on the ground at the read of the car is clipped or badly sorted with the ground so big peace of the shadow disappear randomly (flashing). I don't have this problem with other cars.

Graphically the only small detail I think could be tuned in the cockpit is texture or shaders of big enforcement tubes which look unfinished, or without shadow or plastic color. Here a screenshot grabbed from Internet, those tubes I talk about are the red one on this liveries:
    View attachment 13207
    Now I need some setup advice:

I tested this great car at Truxton v0.7 and it's a blast, I really enjoy this combo!. Now, in the big right curve where you are near max speed but can't reach it (or you slide) I'm losing the rear nearly each time and spin. Which setup changes I can make to avoid losing the rear on such big curve if any? Possibly I just have to go slower or be lighter on throttle, I'm just wondering if a setup change can make things easier in such case, thanks!

Saying all that, this car is really a joy to ride with! thanks for your hard work ! :)

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I drive those two fast right handers full throttle without problems (if I just turn in soon enough). Didn't do much setup changes, basic things like little softer suspension, + 1 or 2 clicks toe in and camber to more positive value.

All is good for me. Only thing is that with such a high ffb multi my wheel becomes hot faster than usually (T500).

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Reduce camber and omit all natural physical laws by applying an adhesive adventure without boundaries, while the logic promises the converse, otherwise no extreme camber would be used if one could save tire abrasion by low camber with the same performance results. In this case it's the other way around, less camber more grip.

Seems to be a general rf2 problem but in some vehicles it is extremely pronounced like this and I think that should not be possible. I do not understand the logic how can someone look at a car with such options as realistic or expected from people to not exploit the setup options with the justification this would someone not use in reality, but it is nevertheless possible in the sim. I would rather lock the setup to escape this for a certain degree. But ok what do I know it's only a few hundred cars I've driven in my life. Have fun and good luck. ;)

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks, I'll try those setup changes. AFAIK currently I just lowered lowering fuels on this track... If you can go through those curves at max speed I guess I need also more practice ;)

For FFB I lowered multiplier to 0.90 as it seems too strong with default 1.0 with my T500 and this car.

Edit: Thanks also Speed1 (posted at the same time)! :)

14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

:D
    Would you mind sharing your setup? I'm not the best at setting the car up but would like to try these with a good setup to start with :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you for your feedback. Please see my responses below

This is already fixed in the next version (the final beta) It will also implement baulktorque to not allow any advantage to using paddle shifters. That said, you will have to really use the clutch with the H-pattern

Can you please tell me which 3rd party HUD you're using?

I'm looking into this. I actually noticed it yesterday as well.

I can't stress this enough - no cockpit graphic updates are going to be made by me - first post states this is not an eye candy mod and never will be

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm doing something similar in the next version. Camber ranges will be limited to only reduce to -2.6 in the front and -2.4 in the rear.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

;). The force feedback in this car is pretty good, although I have not tested any standard ffb setup but with my personal experimental it is very good.

Since I use no on screen display ( apart from timings ) which would possibly provide me with some information, I still do not use it since real driver does not even have these options, I look at these things like beeing aids ( it seems I'm a dying breed in this scene:) ), yet I could feel as the car pulls on one side while braking with only slight steering angle or relocation.

Not sure if it has something to do with the brake temperature (because i do not see this) but good feeling, it is nevertheless and helps aligning the car before entry the corner.

Regarding your previous question. Set tentatively the camber on minimum and test again and report your experience please.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

That's good, until the tire model is further developed. Thanks and excuse my rough language, I only have translators as teachers. :p

19. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

The pulling is related to the brake bug and is fixed in the next version.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

You see I can only detect by feel (i felt bevore EB mentioned the temp thing, because he use aids :p), me not. :) The next step would be to have it checked by mechanics and not any on screen displays. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.