[WIP] Spec Miata

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm not expecting PB to update the graphics (heck, he's improved them from the rF1 version and I didn't expect that!), but I also feel it's worthwhile to make notes for whoever is interested.

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

okay guys, let's keep it civil please :)

I think everyone's aware of my unwillingness to update graphics and my openness to letting others help.

I'd like to get a few folks to test v1.00 before I release it. Any volunteers? I'll PM you a link if you're interested

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Perfectly said!!...You speak better English than me! LOL

4. Magus

Magus Registered

Yep be happy to help out there...only won't be able to do anything for a couple of hours.

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

You've got a PM Magus. Emery is also testing

Please be aware that the default shifting option is H-Pattern with Clutch. If you don't have a clutch or an H-Pattern shifter, please choose the Paddle Shifter option.

If you choose the H-Pattern option, you will have to make good shifts

6. Magus

Magus Registered

:p:p:p:p:cool::p
    Thanks PB, clutch and H-pattern is the only way for the mod to be played so looking forward to trying it out with the clutch implemented. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

If you still need some tester I'll be really happy to be one of those lucky guys :) My H shifter and my wheel are ready! I'm jumping in your car right now waiting for the final v1.0 version ;)

8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

you've got a PM YoLolo

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah I got it the first time and my response was about explaining why I think graphics matter after all - NOT about asking you again. Of course physics come first - always. Anyway great to hear you would allow someone else to do that part. I'd do it by myself but don't have the time either not to mention the complete lack of needed skills. :) And I never said interior looked bad BTW.

Hah, bet you couldn't have resisted it anyway! ;) :p

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Happy to do some testing for u. My rig uses G27 with H shifter. PC spec in signature

11. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Have you been driving the earlier versions? I don't mind you testing at all, just want to make sure you have a good context of the mod already.

12. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Just thought I'd mention the first level of SuperCharged Miata is almost ready for beta testing. I'm going to release 2 levels of SuperCharger strength as separate mods. You will eventually end up with SpecMiata, SCL1 (SuperCharged Level 1), and SCL2

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ok, spent nearly 90 minutes driving this V1.0 beast around Thruxton and Lienz, and I had so much fun! all concerns I talked about are resolved. It's perfect for me! I wanted to show an intensive video made at Lienz with AI 105% and I was able to go from #14 to #1 in the long and quick straight just before the village (try this combo men, I'm swearing after few minutes and hands are painful, happy masochist inside), but it's too long to manage and upload, I'll do it later (it will process during the night CET). This is one of the best car I drove in rF2, my English lack of words to express my joy and feeling. I'm really thankful PlickBadger as you shared this car with us. I wish I have the skills to do something similar but really can't, so I'm using the other side, the user side, with so much pleasure!

Thanks PlickBadger, your car will stay on top of my podium for the fun factor it provide to me! :)

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you YoLolo - much appreciated! I've received sing off from Emery as well. I'm just waiting for 2 more confirmations and I will release it.

15. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks PB, just PM'ed you with a couple of things I noticed...really enjoying this mod.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Great news, even if I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to drive this car with more power coming from the rear, I'll try for sure! ;) Spinning! I'll call them Beyblade Level 1 and Beyblade Level 2 ;)

17. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks for your feedback Magus - much appreciated. I've decided to fix that icon, so sorry testers, you'll have to download 1.00 again.

Please uninstall and delete the version you have installed - thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think in a game is the only way I'd fit in a Miata. My friend had one many years ago and the roof had to be down, knees would be crunched up and eyes would be above windshield. Can that FOV be simulated in the game? :p

19. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

LOL! you should see me fold into mine. With a full cage it's like getting into a sardine can! I'm only 5'11" and 175lbs and it's still a challenge.

20. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

1.00 released - release thread started

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.