Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There are two concerns. One is that merging components will make for much larger downloads full of redundant files. But I see now that you are implying that it will be optional (obviously it is optional in 660 but hopefully it stays optional) but the other problem, which is rightfully a doom and gloom problem is totaly unrelated to merging the sound and veh component. It is related to duplicate maps across multiple cars overwriting each other. There is a need for common maps but this isn't the way to accomplish it.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We worked with one team only, plus the car manual from the manufacturer. The setup is probably very much based on what that teams 2013 and 2014 setups were. It won't suit everyone, of course. :) But it's very much a racers setup.

3. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Where is all this grip I hear about. I have Traction control on high and I spinout. It's like Im on ice

4. 88mphTim

You're activating the rear wing, etc?

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You could repack the FR for example and put the sound mas back in it's own rfcmp but this will cause the sig to change which means it will not be compatible with ISI's even though nothing has actually changed. For a league this should be fine. So then as the league makes updates they will not be forcing users to GetMod large components full of redundant unchanged sounds. It looks like Tim is confirming that putting the sounds in the Veh cmp will always be optional even in future builds. I would still like to see more modular components but I guess it's too confusing to understand my reasoning for why this would be helpful.

In rF1 we used SimSyncPro. If you changed one line in an HDV it would sync in 1sec and then you could join the server. Now a one line change in the HDV file requires a whole new rfcmp and it turns into a 5min process to join the server the next time. And often you make a one line change to several cars at once and end up with 5 new veh rfcmp files and what would only take a few second to syn in SimSyncPro becomes a 500MB download in rF2.

Most admins don't even use GetMod so they totally miss the point of busting up the components more than they already are.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ooook. I cannot take it seriously. Sorry.

Unless you are using drs in corners.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the bold is exactly my question in my thread, will this change to something much simpler without causing sig changes? It's frustrating that I cant put my question across more bluntly but it's in plain English so there's not much more I can do!

As for the rest then yes I remember using a Sync program in rf1 and it worked a treat.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks a lot ISI for this new great (updated from scratch) car! Pretty good feeling when driving really nice looking and fps friendly. I will not say it's easy, but I can definitively driving it with default setup (high down force) without any driving help, just need to be careful on pedals. BTW mines are not mapped 1:1, brake and throttle are between 25% and 50% and that help a lot for powerful rear engine cars (shame on me ;)).

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why can't you just respect his opinion?! Not every one will feel the car like you or me or ....

10. 88mphTim

The AI should use the right ones... I think Silverstone was actually high, Monza low... others not sure right now.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am glad talent and sounds are included within the vehicle. It is much more logical that way and hopefully it will be the base for a future easier online system.
    My biggest concern is that in order to support for older content, changes in the vmod creation system might be difficult to implement.

enviado mediante tapatalk

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have never driven with TC in rF2, but I imagine you're pushing way too early with cold tires on a green track plus default setup?

3 out of 4? 4 out of 4? Come on, did I win a prize? :p

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

We just did a text where we took a DDS out of one car and then stuck it in the Clio pace car (a car that should always be loaded) and then I build a vmod that included the new broken car along with the Clio that contains the missing texture and it didn't load because of the missing texture. So I am not sure sure what you say is really accurate.

Have you actually tested this or is it just a theory? I am unable to duplicate it. Could you elaborate some more. If it works how you are explaining, I consider that a bug.

Edit: just rereading your post I see one little detail I missed before. This: "identical texture". The texture we took from our car and placed in the Clio MAS isn't being referenced by the Clio so it may not actually get loaded so then our car can't find it either. Let me do more testing.

14. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Stock out of the box. I dont touch anything no drs. Light rubber track I guess my description of grip is different. I like the car but its slippery for me.
    2 out of 4 hexagramme :)
    Is the default setup not the one to use?

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Using traction control won't save you from exceeding the lateral grip available. It will help you manage wheelspin but if you try and accelerate too much while subjecting the tyres to cornering forces you're going to break traction and spin if you can't catch it which is probably very hard for you since you must be zooming beyond the limit. Using traction control isn't going to teach you very well to apply the throttle coming out of a corner, try turning it off and you might get a better feeling of the limit and breaking traction before it's too late with the tyres giving out and spinning you around. It really sounds like you're accelerating way too much while you still have turning to do, traction control will only promote this bad habit until you learn what the tyres are capable of.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Great car. Thanks ISI

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Holy ****, this car is fantastic! FR3.5 was already good, but this is way better.
    As others have said, really detailed and "solid" road and tires feeling, and default setup is easier to handle than 2010 version, at least on fully rubbered track.
    I can really feel the power of the carbon brakes!

Awesome. Thanks ISI. Another great step forward.

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Use proper words to describe emotions, feelings or thoughts. At first I thought you were trolling.

Default setup is very drive-able. 3 setups provided by ISI are also good enough to start your experience with the car. Slowly up your pace, work the tyres, don't lock them up, build up heat in them and they will get there.

Take your time. For some it comes slowly for some it is instant. For me the grip levels are huge.

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I get what you mean:) I'll do some more driving and fiddling with the ffb, let's see what comes out.

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The default setup is great. Good aero balance and mechanical grip. I just did my first 16 laps at Siverstone GT and not a single spin. My best lap was a low 1:46 with warm tires.