Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Just had my first go, and I might be the only one here that likes the new car a lot less than the 2010 model. Where some here report this 2014 model to be a very communicative, easy to handle car, for me the old 2010 model is just that. This 2014 version's ffb is to light for my taste(bumping up the multiplyer causes to much vibrations, t500 here, everything default), and although there is more grip when accelerating, overall I find it more difficult to control. A nice addition for a lot of folks here it seems, but unfortunately not for me:) I'm looking out for the DW12. edit: And to the question whether this would be a good demo car, I say NO:p

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes it is very sensitive to bumps in the standard, I also had the feeling with the t500rs. Minimize or turn off STM, helps a little for the first, and maybe the setup I have not yet checked because I've only driven short.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

make sure your t500 overall force is set to about 60% in the thrust master profiler, try it again

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Mainly no to the spiral of doom and gloom that the community seems to jump into like Lemmings, even if the thing they're getting wound up in won't affect anything in the way they assume. Reminds me of the fear based comments I'd see on a YouTube video of the WTC being a conspiracy. Terrible human trait, and I refuse to play.

The only reason it was even mentioned with this car, is because it required a different selection in the mod manager. Older cars still work...

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh ok... looking forward to seeing the animations... :)

And cheers for the template. :)

Not managed to have a go in the new toy yet but very much looking forward to it.

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

It is on 60% and always has been:) Just not my car it seems. But how knows, I might slowly grow into it..

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Tim, you are the one who do not understand. I'm being totally rational and trying to explain as good as I can, but this might be more of a slightly off topic techie issue and not your domain - with all due respect! But doom and gloom ? That's not me at all.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

With all due respect Tim all we're (ok see me!) asking for is clarification on the future of Package handling (see my thread), hardly doom & gloom but more a need to know where ISI are going with this as it's a tad confusing with our "educated" guesses.
    As you know this was discussed in great detail 2 1/2 years ago now and nothing much has changed, currently this new way of doing it (with this mod) adds more questions than answers, I know you're the "middle man" here so maybe you could pass this onto Jeremy or wheover is dealing with this aspect so they can give us a clear response.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have tested it again with 0 STM and it is much better, it is light because there is a lack of pressure at low speed and we generally lack the feeling of non-moving mass exerts pressure, if that's the right word. The result-is a smooth-running steering, sometimes with almost zero resistance, but otherwise ingenious feeling with very detailed bump simulation and precise steering.

Very important to warm up, for the growing feeling :)

10. 88mphTim

I've asked for the thread you made to be responded to. :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Goody. Then people can maybe leave the packaging paranoia for now, and get back to the car in question. :cool:

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanking you kindly :)

13. datanode

datanode Registered

How did I miss this one :/ tapatalk is sometimes useless :/

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I wonder if this was online or offline because I was online with these cars earlier and was looking for this issue but couldnt' see it.

15. 88mphTim

He said no, because he doesn't see the question. That if you want to continue using the same things, you can. As stated, the older cars didn't get broken just because of this... Neither did the method.

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Looks like the issue when Rearview Cull="0" is used, default is 1.

I switched to 0 a few builds back and saw the same so switched back to 1.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Loving the car!!

Loch Drummond
    8 am
    Clear sky
    Light rubbered track
    Fresh cold tires

After 10 or so laps

Sorry for the stutter. my HD is on it way already :(

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S4HZFthaTbA[/video]

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Ah yes, mine is at default as well.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so if we create a new sound (example) for the FR 3.5 2014 and release to the community it wont cause online mismatches? we can install that and voila new sounds for that car?

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm struggling to understand this as the question was quite plain & simple :confused: does "he" whoever "he" is need a direct one line question?