Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are you using DRS?

2. drdrum

drdrum Registered

No Tim. Whatever it has not touching anything, just load it up and out of the pits. Im not activating anything.
    I just tried a 10 lap race at Silverstone Gt just like Tosch and very easy on the gas at turn 3 around i go. And then the esses easy on the gas and i spin again.
    Im using a t500Rs
    The 2010 3.5 was fun not at all like this.

3. drdrum

drdrum Registered

And guys Im not a noob either I have been sim racing for a long time, indycar1 remember that? And Im a tester for Simbin (no flames please).
    I realize cold tires are slippery but Im not getting this. grip to me means i should be able to plant my foot and it sticks after the tires are at temp.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Default setup is much better than previous ISI out-of-the-box setups. I did qual & race on Silverstone GT and found the car quite stable and predictable. A little under-steery for my own liking but I'll work on that :)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just ease off & slow down more into corners & be lighter on the accelerator, your driving above the limit, the cars only just been released so surely your not tuned into it properly yet
    you'll find there's a stack of grip, you'll get use to where the limits are,
    you'll find the default setup is fine then too

6. 88mphTim

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

You don't happen to have the low downforce "upgrade" loaded, do you? I've found this car to be quite docile with its base setup at the tracks I've tested it on... I mean, docile for a lightweight open-wheel car. I haven't even touched the tuning for this car yet... I've been enjoying it as is. :D

When I hear mention of an open wheel car that you can mash the throttle on then I think of the Formula BMW mod for rF1. Those cars have a lot lower power/grip ratio and drive like they have traction control.

8. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Tim after reading the acceleration section that is what is happening to me. So there we go. This is going to be a challenge for me then.

9. 88mphTim

Beating something challenging is always a better feeling than immediate gratification. :)

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Very cool, but the need to constantly activate DRS every straight (as the AI does) is a bit unimmersive. Admittely I'm not the biggest fan of "turbo boost gadgets" to begin with... time limited would be fine and tactical, but the constant-on...

Would actually prefer if the AI wouldn't use it. Then I could opt to not use it either... is there maybe a change in the files somewhere which would accomplish this?

11. 88mphTim

rFM, which is on the cars page with the car. You could create a vmod, ref the car, but with your own rfm for rules I guess. rfm is normally for a host, but maybe it'll work for you here.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think its pretty cool though, after my initial confusion i'm now getting the hang of it and already adjusting lines in order to briefly use DRS on several part of tracks. this is gonna be quite the little gadget in league racing no doubt :)

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

question: with low downforce package, is the DRS completelly disactivated (cannot be activated) or is it just the track i try at (modders Monza) that has DRS problem? (it does have DRS zones)

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Imho this one is more fun compared to the previous. Thanks a lot Tim and team ISI.

I have a "noob" question tho: in practise session i can activate DRS at will but then i did a 20 lap race at Silverstone and 1st lap (being near behind an AI) i could activate again DRS but next laps (being further behind) i couldn't :confused:
    Is this supposed to be due to regulations or am i missing some other thing?

Edit: FFB feeling is the best i got till now (using controller settings like Paul Loathman advised on my g27 thnx Paul), and it was already the best i ever had (omg am i sounding fanboy here :cool:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  15. 88mphTim

No effect in LDF, as per profile page.

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks, sadly I have little experience with vmods and rfm for offline use...

I can open and repack a MAS file though... but I suppose it's not as easy as just un-commenting a line or two in a vehicle definition, to basically completely remove the feature from the car so that the AI can't see it?

Appreciate the effort Tim, I know this is a bit "special case" because most people will use it just fine.

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Hi Tim, I submitted a small bug list here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19918-2014-Renault-F3-5

Do you see the following scenario as a bug to be added?

My centre tyre surface temp never exceeds the inner tyre surface temp, however the centre tyre rubber temp exceeds the inner tyre rubber temp. That is what I am finding on my FR tyre. Is this possible in real life?

18. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@ Tim - yep. not having B660 installed was the culprit for not seeing FR3.5 in Mod Manager (Been away and missed that update.). Thanks for the heads up. The sim now seems faster to me. B660 loads faster too. Merci, ISI. Love the feel and sounds of the 3.5 :)

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

drdrum - if you're having issues then try this...

"By default, we ship our content with a setup equivalent to what a real racing driver would race. If after following the advice below, you are unable to complete laps using this car, you may need an easier car setup.

We have made easier setups available for this car, you can download them here."

- more technique tips/general car info here http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/formula-renault-3-5-world-series-car/

Tim - I'm sure you already know this but on the rF2 main homepage http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/ and under news http://rfactor.net/web/ still no mention of the new rF2 update.

20. willz

willz Registered

the is one of ISI`s finest, the cars are getting more refined, did a few laps with it and liked it a lot, only problem for me is they flip on the sausage apexes, the track is ISI`S so think they may be a problem with the cars integrity, surly the suspension should break before flipping a high downforce car, sorry if this has been mentioned before. View attachment 12823