Any updates on Indy?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by dradecki, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

And don't forget that the price will be right. ;)

2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Great blog entry, Tim. Very professional with lots of useful info to rev us up in anticipation of the memorial day weekend. That video indicates the quality the ISI devs strive for. We really appreciate your efforts for our enjoyment. I'm pumped for the DW-12 as well :)

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Honesty, I 'm grateful for any further contribution of ISI and I have fear of the day when it says rf2 is final and there is nothing more to add. :)

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

FYI https://twitter.com/rFactor2/status/464838140251762688

Jack is one of those guys you know will be a winner and a champion at some point. Some amazing flashes of speed and in the wet he is amazing. He's British and driving for Bryan Herta. If you've watched him in the lower ranks, you know why he's in the 98.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Like the blog Tim. :)

6. Twista

Twista Registered

Awesome! There's some great British talent in the US at the moment. I used to race with Jack Harvey, who's running in Indy Lights this year.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1

THIS track with multiple layouts a new ISI made indy car combined with the automated hdr and all the other rF2 improvements.

Exciting times ! :)

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Please, PLEASE add some indication of wear-and-tear on the curbs and track (and elsewhere, too, but the racing surface is most important) before release. Even if you are surveying a fresh track (here and Silverstone), it makes for a very dull and antiseptic appearance that unfortunately translates to fake and amateurish in a digital medium. And, other than the first few days of practice this month, the track will never look like that again, so better for us to have a representation of 99.9% of the track's life rather than the initial 0.1%.

Thanks and looking very forward to the release!

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

IMS didn't even give us the right kerb coloring. Spending time on aging the track and those kerbs would have been pretty foolish at present time. Please try to enjoy the fact that you'll have the track. We will revisit it, but assuming where and how wear and tear will occur when next year there will be new turf, kerb changes etc anyway for us to implement seems a waste of time, regardless of what VirtualR commenters think of our base art when comparing it to others who don't have visible base art. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

10. dradecki

dradecki Registered

For me, I can't wait. Curbing colors are not exactly that critical for me. Finally broke down and got a better video card, specifically for IMS and the DW-12.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes I have a thing about curb appearance too ( really really liked the Quebec curbs that look used )
    it was one of the first things I looked at on the indianapolis preview vid,

Overall the preview vid looks very good though & high quality

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Curbs color and texture used in the video are placeholder, as many other things you see aren't in the final stage, so they'll be 3 colors as IRL.

Said that, we're not going to fake things to make the track looking as we like; curbs are brand new and even after an entire week of events they'll looks brand new, apart some rubbering here and there as we can achieve after few laps ingame.

About wear and tear; we're talking about major events on most famous tracks in the world. Curbs are painted few days before any major event as for Formula 1, or MotoGp. You'll never see a Formula 1 track with plenty of ravages like Mores or another club track, with no money, no big tv coverage nor big sponsor etc etc... I understand and I agree they looks more alive but I can't see the point to fake something you'll never see in that specific place.

We really love unique features (as for Mores), but if they don't exists...then there are not features to put in there...:)

View attachment 12662 View attachment 12663

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Don't care abut VirtualR,that blog is all about rf2 hate!

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Make you right, that comments section is like the anus of the sim racing community, and its not well either suffers from verbal diarrhea, constantly. ;)

15. Minibull

Minibull Member

Heck yeah, I refused to go to that site for a few months as I got so pissed with it. Gone back for the last week, and im already over it again. Just terrible.

Nicely put too mate XD

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

loving the detail in those shots!

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Good to hear; they looked pretty good IRL from watching quals :)

I think the one problem is that "brand new/freshly painted" in real life doesnt translate well to digital form and you pretty much end up with "solid colour texture" which doesnt look very atmospheric.

I still hold out some hope for a real-road type feature allowing tracks to become visually dirty ; sort of like the marbles but with grass/dirt being dragged onto the track.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Isn't it possible to deposited the spread of dust and dirt particles dynamically on the track and opbjects ?

Perhaps with the help of wind simulation similar to real road, just as dynamic dirt simulation. I find the static optics/visuals whether new or dirty boring and it is time for dynamic ambience for more depth in this area, but is not all bad as some idiots of VirtualR think.

The modeling and everything else is very good and the other titles are also not anywhere better or exists for anyone a simulation where you do not recognize it is artificially, and no matter what software, all have advantages and disadvantages, but I want to tell you, although other games looked quite normal rf2 is oversaturated and I have calibrated my monitors as good as possible on rf2 because I've been using it most of all.

I ended up with a 50% desaturation but the result is very good. Then I used a screnshoot in order to regulate the brightness and contrast.

I for one am quite happy, it might just be basically a little brighter and possibly could be offer some options in display settings such as brightness, contrast and saturation, otherwise it has been very well developed.

Purely out of curiosity I bought two days ago bf4 and as great as it is shown and referred to by people it is also not because here you clearly see that it is a game with all the cheap effects.

We are very far away from visual presentation of reality, regarding the realistic impression, and the only thing can work is the physics where rf2 is very good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

double post