Christmas tree for drag racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by mrnitro, Oct 30, 2013.

1. RebelBoy

RebelBoy Registered

Please!! We need a Tree! it is a vital part of the sport, without it the Sport of Drag Racing wouldnt be!! Fantastic work gentlemen!!

2. FISH

FISH Registered

This SIM blows EV3D right off the .net.. I was a member of that community for 9 years, the creator doesnt even know a thing about Drag Racing, Drag Factor is by far the best Drag Racing SIM there is today.....I will donate $$ as well to get this item added to Drag Factor.

3. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Dean?

4. Medic

Medic Registered

ISI please can u help us out with a working xmas tree and staging beams for rFactor or rFactor 2 it would be awesome.
    This mod rocks if you guys in the office have not tried it yet you should.

Love ya work.
    Medic...

5. kennethnorris

kennethnorris Registered

I will definitely stop spending my money on EV3D and put it HAPPILY over here at rfactor with the addition of a real tree. I think that's the only thing holding me back from going 100% forward with this!

6. FISH

FISH Registered

Yep :cool:

7. mattyvic88

mattyvic88 Registered

this would be a great addition to rfactor its all that the dragfactor mod needs is a working tree to complete it :)

8. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

This is Doug. 408Cobra from ev. :)

9. FISH

FISH Registered

Yes, how you doin my friend! tell your people, this SIM kicks Ass! ill chat with you elsewere.... dragfactor.net

10. Donald King

Donald King Registered

This addition would be great for the game/games (rFactor & rFactor2) as well as the Mod (DragFactor). It would most certainly encourage more people to purchase the game just so they could get the Mod.The folks that built the mod have invested countless hours to develop it so they could offer it to the rFactor community free of charge. I for one certainly hope ISI will help them to fully realize the working tree. It would open up a whole new world to the rFactor community. I realize rFactor & rFactor2 were primarily developed for road racing, but the audibility to mod the game has mad the racing community reach into other areas, such as DragFactor. To see the dream of a working tree would be great for the community as a whole. Please help to make this dream a reality ISI, somewhat the same way that all the racers that use rFactor have made your dreams of a great sim a reality. I am sure that if the devs here at ISI tried DragFactor they would see that it would be worth the effort to make this a reality.

11. jeremy

jeremy Registered

I've played my fair share of drag racing games over the years. And this mod is the closest thing to realism I have seen for online racing games. It has great potential and a lot of players is interested in the game. I believe if the tree was working a lot more people would join.

12. Topher

Topher Registered

yes a tree is the only thing missing in this awesome game. this beats any other racing game that has had lots and lots of money and developement that costs more than rfator does. the only thing missin is the tree. all of my friends and family that i show love this game, but get a little confused when i say the tree doesnt work.... thats the main part of the life. im not very smart when it comes to coding and stuff, but to see all of the stuff that has been made, and even making a few crappy 2d games myself, it cant be that hard and i bet you coding gurus could make it with your eyes closed lol. butyes a tree would get alot more people to by rfactor and rfactor 2 when the mods are ready.

13. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

The working tree would be a great addition to rf1/2

14. cottie

cottie Registered

Have to agree the one thing we are missing is a working tree for this awesome mod.
    This would be a great addition to rfactor.

15. Charles Silver

Charles Silver Registered

If there was a tree the sales for ISI would take a huge bump because there are so many people who want to race until they find that there is no tree so they don't buy Rfactor. If there was a tree everyone would benefit.

16. Wyatt24012994

Wyatt24012994 Registered

The one thing this game is missing is a working tree, everything else in the game is wonderful and fully realistic. The only thing we need now is a working tree. This would be a great thing to bring into RF1 and RF2, it would also bring more people into the game who want to be able to drag race with other cars in game as well.

17. Damian Bowers

Damian Bowers Registered

The Christmas tree is an indispensable advantage that would make this mod EXPLODE, there are so many racers I have shown the mod that would be willing to buy the game if it had a working stage beams functioning tree that they could change from a .400 standard or pro to .500. There are race teams all over the world using this game for testing in other forms of motorsports, if we could get a realistic Christmas tree that shows what your reaction time was and if you red lighted we would be able to pull in a large amount of professional racers that would want rfactor and would pay for it just for drag factor. the big down side to the mod is the lack of a tree, which is why sometimes we struggle to get a full enough field to run an event, so please take notice that this has the capability to be the biggest mod in rfactor history do to the lack of a proper Christmas tree.

18. ryan.kerchevall

ryan.kerchevall Registered

Why is it that Drag Racing falls on deaf ears? There are hundreds of road course, nascar, dirt racing mods out there. I can count on 1-2 hands how many drag racing games/mods there are out there. All we ask is one thing to get put in the mod for us, a working tree. Money I'm sure is not an issue, if that's the problem. We have enough people here who WILL pitch in money to do it. Secondly, please help us out ISI, I can guarantee that you will profit major from this little add to the game. The Drag Racing SIM world would EXPLODE and will bring more and more people to rFactor 1 and when this mod will progress to rFactor 2 (when the time comes), you will be profiting EVEN MORE! So, I promise it will be worth your while to code this tree to get into the game!

19. freew67

freew67 Registered

Is Drag Factor new? Never heard of this before now. :rolleyes:

My Full Throttle showed drag timing was at least possible in rF1 (not 100% but better than nothing). Same with the tree, but like the timing not 100% correct. I know very little about coding but if it was "that easy" my guess it would already been done. If you haven't noticed, Palm Beach already has a drag strip so its not like the possibility hasn't been thought of. As stated by Tim before, other forms of racing will be looked at once the main part is in its happy place. Roadies is the meat and potatoes of the sim. Ovals/Drag/Powerboats/Planes/Hovercraft groups, your time will come... take a number and get in the queue. Hopefully the line isn't to long. lol

"Why is it that Drag Racing falls on deaf ears?" I feel its because there just isn't a huge following for it (sim side of it). If there was, other companies would have already jumped on board with the idea.

20. Charles Silver

Charles Silver Registered

Drag Racing has a very large following but until we get a tree over here you won't see them buying rfactor to race. Like I stated before a tree would bring in so many customers for you and so many racers for us. Sure palm beach already has a strip but that means nothing compared to the years that Anthony Birch the rest of the DragFactor team have spent figuring out how to make the most realistic Drag Racing sim in all the land that includes but not limited to, tons of tracks and cars all perfectly modeled down to the T with physics that come so close to the real thing they blow me away. Until ISI obliges I won't accept this answer and I don't think the rest of us will either. Oh and have a nice day freew67