United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yes, Hedlund is right. Use the solid white line as lane markers. Do not cross. :)

2. Jamie Shorting

It seems to me if you have sustained rpms over 7000 it causes overheating.

Edit: Wow, you carry alot more speed running higher up on the banking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Official event started already... 30 mins of practice left.

See you on track guys!

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Leonardo?

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I know that behavior:(
    Had this one time in our Belgium race and one time today in practice :(
    In Silverstone I had also one mega lag but in terms of FPS they went down from 70 to 5 FPS.
    Only way to resolve this without exit the race was a quick switch to the desktop and back to rF2 (while racing! ) But a FPS lag could also come from my hardware and (for the moment) it happend only in the silverstone race.
    And this was also strange in Silverstone : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rge-with-the-other-car-(look-the-Screenshots)

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Results for our 5th event in Brianza 10k

http://simresults.net/140119-cm4

Congratulations for the winners Kane and Robert! Thanks for all. We'll be waiting for those race recaps ;) I will put some pictures to our site. Will also investigate the accident between Kane and Hectari in race 2. Will give myself some penalites too :p

It seemed many had fun today :) For myself, this combination was just too much. I'm motivated to do much better next time in Longford.

-Matt

8. Jamie Shorting

This combo is beyond my skill level to race with other cars. On my own it's o.k. :p

Race one, hit barrier on lap one damaging steering. Race two hit someone in the middle of a smoke cloud on lap two I think. :)

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Holy sh*t that was....something. Up and down for me.

Race 1 was just as expected... tough slipstreaming-fight with Kane and I was 0.019 sec from the win :) Congratulations Kane. Well deserved. Great race, it was really exciting.
    Race 2 was total distaster although it started good and I was careful through the first corners. I was following Juraj Rimes through T3 and T4 and was preparing to overtake him in the braking zone for Parabolica, because I knew he was going to brake earlier than me. Still I managed to hit him from behind, because just when I was preparing to pull to the right side, Hectari had slipstreamed me and pulled out to the right... For a second I was not sure if he was going to leave me some room to also pull over to the right, and that made me loose concentration on Juraj in front for a second. Then Juraj braked right between the 300m and 200m signs (that is at least 50m earlier than my brake point). Like I said, I knew he was going to brake earlier than me but Hectari's overtaking attempt made me loose concentration for 1 second and that was enough. I braked hard and locked up, and from my view it looks like I only touched Juraj very gently, but of course there could be lag, because he is flying out of the track :confused:

Really, really sorry Juraj. The situation was hard for me but of course it was my fault.
    I don't know if you read this and actually I don't know who you are neither here or at SR4L forums so...yeah, I hope that you see this.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Some penalties after watching replays:

Race 1:

Matt: 2 X 30 secs for crashing with Mauserrifle and Juraj. Dropping me from 9th to 10th.

Race 2:

Hectari and Hedlund would have got penalties but it wouldn't change anything so just warnings. Just to remaind that sometimes in high speeds it's good to back of in tight places and try again later :)

Mostly it was really clean racing again and we handeled that first corner really well. Thanks guys and we'll see in Longford next time around!

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol, I punished myself when I crashed at last corner, preparing a slipstream overtake on alpha-bravo...
    Crashed over to wrong side of track and my lap didn't count -.- 1 lap behind.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I can confirm that on first outlap in qualifying staying to the right and taking the oval resulted in a timed lap. I think it only works on that first pit-out, but didn't try again as that was my only qualifying run.

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I also got timed first lap i qualify, but only first time I left pit. Quite strange...

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Kane is definitely closing in on me in the championship now. Two unsuccessful 2nd races in a row now, both at Silverstone and Brianza. Not good enough.
    At Silverstone, I managed to come back to take 3rd and that was very lucky. This time it was much harder, but I was on my way to take 4th place when I made a stupid mistake.

More practice needed for Longford, and that is one of my favourite tracks with this car so I'm hoping for better results there. Not necessarily win both races, (I've been really successful until the last races) but to collect more points from both races not only one of them. I hope we could use G4 next time? (tired of the "batmobile" at the momemt lol).

16. Axe

Axe Registered

Hi
    I see. I am sure you did not make it intentionally. Unfortunately I felt the hit quite strong moving part of my car outside the track. I lost control and was unable to slow down the car. Stuck behind the fence in the forest and thinking about what I saw in R1 I was not willing to look for the way from that maze. just to leave.
    First really bad event in this series. Hope it will be the last also.
    Just one general question for everybody:
    What really ruined and definitely finished my R1 was an incident where I hit the lost part of another car somewhere under the bridge between lesmos and ascari. I saw it right in the moment of the impact, unable to react even to save. I experienced such incident second time in rF2. what graphic settings influence how such object can be seen? Do you experienced such incident being on high speed? Have you been able to react and save? What is the distance you are able to spot it?

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would guess track and opponent detail and maybe visible vehicles setting. In the past I have lost control of car because I hit track marker that was in the middle of the road. I saw it but didn't have time to react and could recover from it. It's a shame that some settings might affect what you see on track :( (meaning things you can hit, not the scenery)

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I had the same situazion in Belgium66. My settings are pretty maxed out only track detail was set to medium but with over 300 km/h I was to slow to react and did a full hit :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Something is wrong on the race report website because my race report there is not from Brianza it is a older one ? Have not wrote a race report for Brianza at the moment.