Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I saw someone say they had an issue with 96 mods... Could you also be affected by that?

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

just uninstalled that track and i still ctd'ed trying to think what else has been out lately

3. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Donington_2013 stopped mine crashing..... sry Intel .

after more thought I do know people that definately have Donington installed including Intel that can drive all tracks and vehicles fine so it Might not just be Donington but something conflicting with other certain tracks that are installed. depending on who has what installed some get the issue some don't

but i uninstalled singapore no change.. My Phillip Island ... no change Donington... hey presto fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

For me it was Singapore that fixed things. Tokyo crashes mine, though. Philip Island, no problems. I am sure ISI is working on a scheme to isolate these mods so that they can only crash themselves and not have these bizarre (and sometimes difficult to trace) interactions.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Mb theres a limit to whats installed doesnt matter what track i install nowas soon as i install another track they all make it crash

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Howstons are amazing to drive!

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I was in a server at Longford and I noticed that the front tires on the G4 overlap the chassis.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

We had 2 races at Spa last night.
    We had to have G4 in one race and G6 at the other, so we had a good drive in both cars.

While looking on paper so similar, these cars are so different in reality (or so I feel).

G4 is very unforgiving, bouncing up and down through Spa, very difficult to correct slides too.
    While G6 bounced a lot too, it is very agile and easy to live with, very easy to correct and be safe, it soon became one of my two favs in RF2, the other is Eve F1.

We had to pick the MkIIIB cars, so G4 had the 5speed gearbox.
    Curiously It didnt suit the car at all, G6 with its 4 gears was so much err...natural.

Great job with G6 ISI, you made my day :)

btw how these guys braked with these cars?
    by putting their feet down on tarmac?

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think it's the opposite... The G4 MKIII with the wide rear tires is so stable on the road it was almost ridiculous :p I would have taken the more powerful 1967 model if allowed. The G6 has better grip, allows much higher speed through the corners, but it's unstable.

All configurations of both G4 and G6 have their charm, I like them all, but my favourite is G4 -67 :)

Good job finishing the races yesterday Nikos. I crashed both races but I didn't take it too hard, as I had not done any training at all (was surprised I could take pole with only one try). Both crashes was simple stupid small mistakes. Track is unforgiving :p I could have taken it a bit easier but I prefered to go as fast as possible because it was just a "fun race".

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That sure says it all about you ;)

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I start braking during the Race loading screen... ;)

Great cars and great work from ISI for sure! :)

12. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

These cars are absolutely brilliant! Great fun to drive! Great job ISI!

13. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

Now that`s early!

14. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

Where are we in terms of the contest skin??

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I think the skins that went into game are the chosen.
    There is going to be a vote by people here to decide which is best, or that is what I understood.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What do you mean by 96 mods? As in, that person had an issue because they had 96 mods installed? Right now I have 85 tracks and 19 car series. I don't think it is tied to a raw number- like if I have Y number of mods installed it crashes, but at X number of mods everything's fine. It is related to certain mods. I hate to pick on Chappielike (I know he's doing his best to bring us content) but I cannot install his mods. When I do, other things break. ational Stockcar Racing is the perfect example as it is a reproducible thing- I install it and GP79 wouldn't work (I have not tested that in several builds). Most recently I had issues with Targa Florio CTD'ing when I went hit Race and after I uninstalled Singapur, Donington and a couple other tracks that are in early development, Targa worked fine. All glorious 44 miles of Targa worked just fine :cool:

But there are a few mods I have tested which have had similar issues. I now have rF2 installed twice on this PC so I have one install to try new mods and one for leagues so that install doesn't get hosed by a bad mod/track.

I don't understand this sentence. Up-shifting results in improper mismatch of revs? Or up-shifting at improper revs causes the clutch slip? Or when up-shifting results in improper match of revs, the clutch will slip? Confused, sorry. It happens the worst in 3rd gear. Even if I hold the clutch in longer, if I squeeze on the throttle in 3rd gear it slips all the time. Badly.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

So Targa is out for rf2?

:eek:

Or is it private?

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Stumbled upon this - enjoy:

19. myself9

myself9 Registered

WUT!? :)

20. tjc