Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They also fit the new regs where the T70 really didn't, yeah.

2. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

the visual steering wheel do not match with the physical.i have to set my wheel to 500° than its work.
    outer question,how much steering lock is the best ?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim, more testing this evening and same results, info below:

Howstons tested at 5 other tracks with no problems
    Brianza (non oval) layout causes "hangs" as per previous posts in Full Screen
    Specs as per sig except GPU is overclocked but this has'nt caused any issues with any other mods (ISI and community made) at any other tracks (ISI and community made)

CCC:
    Override Anti-Aliasing
    4x Multisampling

RF2 Config:
    1920x1200 32bit 60hz
    Sync = None
    AA = none
    HDR ticked
    FXAA unticked
    Widescreen UI

GRAB_000.jpg

4. 88mphTim

Passed on, thanks.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, I have a VERY bizarre problem that just appeared. The Howston's were working fine since I installed them, but now, only the Howston's, at any track, even after a cold reboot, will not stay running using manual ignition and start (which I have always had enabled).

You pick any Howston, enter the track (Practice mode) and start the car. The ignition works (HUD activates; light on dash comes on). Starter starts the car, but it stalls after about 1 second of full running. It will not even attempt to restart. Exit to menu and go back in, same behaviour. It will fire up and run for a second and then stall; won't even attempt to start.

Of course, they were running properly before, or I wouldn't have got out of my pit pox to even try driving them!

If you exit the track and reload any track, this time the keyboard input is locked. None of the buttons work--not even Esc. Have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of rF2 (so keyboard is working).

Reboot computer and the whole cycle starts all over again.

Load a different car (after Howston stall, but before keyboard input freeze) and everything works properly, as expected.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

6. 88mphTim

Being able to ctrl alt del doesn't mean the keyboard is working right, it sounds to me like you have a stuck key or stuck control?

7. 88mphTim

Temporary workarounds for the pitting issue with AI:
    1: Fuel consumption off.

-or-

2: A race that requires more than one pit, the AI's should adjust after the 1st pit stop and start estimating fuel correctly. In a 60 lap race to test it, the AI took a full load initially whereas the player took 2 even loads, both only had 1 pit. It's not optimal, but that's the option for now.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That only happens with or affects the Howston? I am using the same controller and controller profile with all cars/tracks/scenarios. And that is replicable by following the sequence I described and never happens (or has never happened in the whole history of rF2) otherwise? I just spent 30 minutes testing and replicating before I posted here.

9. 88mphTim

Clutch issue then, maybe? What are you doing with the clutch when starting? It's quite impossible for an issue to have sprung up for you without something else having happened. :)

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I did install a couple of tracks and the Lexus IS-F mod. I still can't figure out how those could affect only the Howston. Will try uninstalling. I will also fiddle with controller profiles. But yes, there has to be something that changed or happened. Alt-Tab still works, too.

11. 88mphTim

Try the ISF first.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It was one of the tracks. A very poorly done conversion, so I am not losing any sleep about dumping it.

Having been in IT for many years (in a previous career), I could understand the track description length crash that happened with Build 298, as tragi-comical as it turned out to be. But an incompetently developed track affecting just one car in such a peculiar and bizarre manner??? Wow...I'm glad I'm not working on the coding for this title. It really speaks to the need for a serious overhaul of the UI and component "security" system. No component should be able to break other unrelated components. Crash, yes. Not load, yes. But not stuff like this.

Thanks for your quick responses, though and attenpt to help. Appreciate it. It might not have been so easy to resolve. I knew all along something had to have changed--I just had no conception that a track could cause an issue like this, so posted first in case it was a known problem.

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks for this, Tim.

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

No, I have tire sounds with other cars, both ISI and 3rd party. I tried turning tire sounds up to 200%, but no difference.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Anyone having issues with the force feedback settings with this car? Even at 32 im getting massive spikes; it doesnt seem to be affecting the FFB much for me. Other cars I have set 12-20 and thats perfect, not so with the Howston.

16. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

OK, I just checked some other cars, and I don't have tire sounds on any of them. I don't know when they disappeared, and I've tried deleting recently installed cars and tracks, but it's still not working. I'm going to try the lite 300 installer next.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Not here. I am running g27 with no issues. Must be something else :(

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Issue is with my Fanatec CSW. Changing FFB settings - even huge changes - only make a very small difference with the Howston. All other cars seem to work best (no spikes) around 12-20, but im at 32, the max filter setting, and spiking all over the place with the Howston.

19. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Its hard to quit driving this car. Not sure I've mastered shifting yet. it seems easy to always catch the back end but even easier to get the back end out of line whether turning, accelerating, or slowing. Also steering is not totally reliable in that usually I get oversteer but sometimes understeer. Reducing the power side of the diff seems to reduce understeer. Great, I like a challenge. Thank you and keep them coming. I guess there's no accounting for tastewhen it comes to whether or not you dig the howstons.
    Sam W

20. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

I've spent the last couple of days pulling laps with the G4. Predominantly I drive the 60's F1 cars. I started getting better times when I stopped driving the G4 like an F1 car!!. A few things that stand out to me:-

Smooth is really important. I know that's true of all cars but these in particular seem to require it. That being said they also need a slightly firm hand.
    There is a LOT of mass in comparison to the brakes performance so you really need to brake early, they are however pretty robust under braking so you can brake a lot "deeper" than you can in the F1's
    Because of the mass and the primitive suspension system it seems more important to worry about your stability than your speed. You really need to get the pendulum under control into and out of the corners.

We really need more of the right kind of tracks for these cars.