REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

It drives perfectly fine. It is impossible to go off the road if you just drive within the cars limits.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

MMmmmm.. when ISI has released the Clio, the Megan and the Skipper the servers were full, but with this car you rarely find 2-3 servers that run the Camaro!
    Give it 3 days and you will see only Clios and Megans again!
    Is it realistic?! maybe, but fun?! no !!!!!!:)

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Same applies with Clio and Megane too mate lol Seeing as the GT3 has just been released people are still getting to grips with it. Last night on ISR Camaro server was a joke, wreckers & rad smokers night lol

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi -- downloaded the car but cannot see it in the Mod Manager in order to install it. It is correctly placed in the Packages folder.

Edit: Problem solved. Had to reactivate my account.

5. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

GTClub_wajdi: It is only your opinion and your way of seeing things, but I find great camaro with a good setup, I enjoy that a little crazy. This is exactly the car I search the sim. driving a clio everyone is doing even my grandmother, but a camaro ... to be more precise with the throttle

6. canastos

canastos Registered

IMO, the fact that "Get Mod" funcionallity is not working properly for vmods recentlly created (since ISI's server migrations), is the reason of not seeing more servers running camaro, since is most cases, you only can get these vmods at forums or email

byyyyyyyye

7. vali

vali Registered

I downloaded it and did some laps in the last track I had been: Spa.

Huge amount of grip if you are going fast compared with what I use to drive there: the F1 oldies.

A bit too nervous in slow speed corners and braking on the limit too, but I wouldn't call it too slippery. The driving experience is great with this one and the sounds are very good also.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Getmod doesn't use a server that changed AFAIK.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

9. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

J'ai beaucoup de mal a travailler sur la camaro , il semble y avoir beaucoup de probleme au niveau template. oui je sais que vous ne les avez pas encore publier mais je tenais a savoir si vous le saviez ?
    le pièce du puzzle ne sont pas bien aligner.

10. 88mphTim

We haven't released the template yet, and the template will fill the holes when we do.

11. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Its funny when people say a car isnt fun cause you cant just slam the gas out of the corners, lol

Soften the front quite a bit and it handles a lot better

12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Maybe, maybe not but enjoy the servers that are up now. I'll probably create my own today. In the meanwhile I've seen a few servers up with the Camaros and the numbers have been good. Seen one server with 20 plus people on it consistently. As for people "all off road" online I've had some VERY good races in the past few days with the Camaro online. And it wasn't an off-road fest. Only time I've went off is when I pushed the car beyond what it could do as I was tasting blood in the water and instead of doing what got me to catch up to the leader in the first place I had to do some extra crap that the car wasn't ready for and screwed myself. Any off-road action is 90 percent my fault or some chump pushing me off.

This car is a blast even at default tune. If I could get my hands on a good tune......

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

First time online with this and it was great. Drives nicely.

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I thought this car was rather easy to drive, you just have to be careful of the instanogrip corner exit if you go even a smidge past ideal, but you can work on that with the setup. It's low speed behavior though is hilarious with the default setup, marginally better when tweaked, but I've quite sure at this point that is a general rF2 issue on everything, not the Camaro.

It's kind of funny, it is quite stable once it gets to speed, but in lower speed corners it just snaps. Reminds me of the days F1C, GTR1, iRacing circa 2009.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Get mod is working fine. Not sure what you are referring to.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

It doesn't work for me either Noel. Not sure what the problem is but I have tried it on three different occasions this week and it has

failed to download any needed content for me. It attempts, but fails every time

Just a heads up. Perhaps it is working for some folks and not others at the moment.

Havent tried today

17. 88mphTim

It'll only work when the mod maker implements it, of course. ISI are probably still the only ones.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

18. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Tim

19. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

Where does problem is ...?? Arrears my headlights
    my screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    I should have it
    [​IMG]

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Not everyone can handle the V8 american rwd mussle of the these cars Corvett and Camaro .. In the clios,megains and other 4 and 6 clynder engin cars you can hammer the gass and live on the red line , you simply can't do that with these cars you need to keep the rev's under controll and keep it out of the red .. its quite rewarding once you tame the beast but you need finesse and skill to atain controll .. In sim racing on a PC its hard to get the feel of the horse power so people try to slam the throttle and end up spinning out where irl you would feel the power and know not to punch it unless the car is in line and balanced like after apex on exit of a tight turn... To say its undriveable sounds more like saying you lack the ability to drive the car using tactics from other smaller engin type cars , Big block GT3's lack downforce and need a little finesse to atain good results ! don't give up on it !