REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry for "joke", maybe it's a pit offensive, but I think that there is something wrong in this car or in me?!

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

thank you for this new car :)
    After a few runs at Malaysia I found this car quite easy to handle after tweaking a bit rear setup. You have to be cool on throttle, for this I just reduced accelerator pedal sensitivity to 60% and that helped to drive in slow corners... Simple but it works.
    Just a thing about IA (I only raced at Sepang) but I found it weaker than other ISI cars. At 100%, I was 3-4s quicker on one lap. Usually, at same place with C6 or Nissan GTR, I have difficulties to follow best AI cars...

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

To point out the camaro is drivable even when the Real Head Motion plugin is completely screwed up.

Nice to know!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  4. daWave

daWave Registered

The windshield of the camaro is just not setup correctly it overexposes much more than hood- or bonnet view, same for Nissan GTR btw.

Try this adjusted windshield for the camaro, it also uses a sweet little darker tone to the top of the windshield, making the look out of the cockpit just as nice as from the hood:

http://www.waveliner.de/rf2/Camaro_19.zip

Just extract the new windshield together with original 19 skin into ..userdata\player\settings\camaro_car\camaro_19\

select the alt skin before going online or in single-player and go for a ride with a sweet look out of your front window now ;)

You may also use the windshield with any other skin, just make sure you use the right naming-conventions.

Cheers

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Could you do those for Nissan and Corvette and others too?
    TIA

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

thanks for this car ISI. Much like Corvette only little easier (and little more predictable). Nice skins too.

7. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Awesome car, I love it. But I can't play angry birds on the iPad so 0/10 :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Dennis Lind

Dennis Lind Registered

Well I did see you online yesterday, and uhmm...

Once you find the limits, you'll probably understand what I mean. :rolleyes:

9. johnconner

johnconner Registered

10. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I agree with this post.
    I don't know if I have missed something or it is already available somewhere, but I think a small readme file with the downloads of cars would be nice.
    Things like engine size and power and torque settings, even a graph .jpg to show how and when power is at its most usable revs.
    Also, not sure with this or the Vette but are these cars equipped with Traction Control and ABS, apparently the Euro GT3 cars are.
    This could explain the posts from people that say the car is crap to drive.
    I know a lot of people don't use TC because they think its for wusses, but it is a simulation and if they use it in real life then why not in game.

Also, seeing as the Camaro was partially developed in Australia using the base mechanicals of a VE Commodore, does this give ISI a base for a V8 Supercar.....huh...huh....lol:cool:

Oops ! forgot to say thanks for the car ISI, game just getting better all the time .

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

LOL Dennis, what is that supposed to mean? That I was too slow first time I drove the car? :p Yes I saw you too, whining and then you left the server... At the time you were quite fast but at the end of that session I was in the top. Not saying that I'm quicker than you could have been, I just think you're a bit ignorant and childish here.

All cars has a limit... If you think you have found it after only one day (I doubt it), well, don't go over the limit? :confused:

12. rer8

rer8 Registered

Thanks ISI. Nice addition. I just made a mod with the Camaro and the Corvette together at Sebring. The AI were separated by ~ 3.0 seconds in the matchup. This might be a lot of fun. I may take a look at the Meganes and Nissans to see if they might add to the multi-class race for some online fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  13. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I agree. I don't see myself ever turning HDR on unless it changes dramatically.

14. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Never run HDR either, it works and looks much better without it.

Thanks TIm, Gjon and everyone else, fun car! Did a few laps at LRP...runs nice.

Would love to see more GT2/3 versions:

Porsche (Rear Engine!)
    Mustang (solid axle fun!)
    Audi R8 (Mid Engine)
    Ferrari 458 (Mid " ")
    Viper (V10 sweetness!)
    Corvette (GT3 version)
    Aston (sexy looking!)

15. Mulero

Mulero Registered

The game without HDR looks bad, lifeless, as if there was no light source. It's like driving on a cloudy day. I'm no expert, but as the name suggests should extend the dynamic range of the light, not be the light.

16. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Woooow!!!! Thank you very much daWave. The game looks perfect now from the cockpit camera. I do not understand because ISI does this with every car, simple and perfect solution to this problem is very annoying and completely spoils the gaming experience.

17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ daWave - Cheers matey that is a big improvement for me.

Although slightly under exposed and my monitor is professionally calibrated however I am sure there are vast differences between each users. Instead of asking you like others have to provide more windscreens are you able to guide me through how to make the alterations myself? I use Gimp and have a dds plugin ready to go...

Cheers

mm

19. daWave

daWave Registered

Yeah mate, im using photoshop with nvidia dds-plugin but gimp should also do the job, just needs to be able to handle dds-files and alpha-channels.

Very simple way is to open CAMARO_WINDSHIELD_IN.DDS from camaro.mas. (other cars have similar names for their windscreen_in) Look how they handle RGB-Layers and Alpha-layer. They did include pretty nice reflections in the windscreen this way. For this simple example we will lose the reflections and dirt/scratches completely but we will get a clean non-overexposed windshield with a slight gradient to a darker tone to the top of the windscreen.

As i said before, to keep it simple i made the whole rgb-layer pitch-black (#000000).
    Switching to alpha-channel i use a vertical gradient from top to about 50% with colors starting from #cdcdcd to #9a9a9a.
    In this example the main color #9a9a9a giving the most transparent view with least overexposure if combined with the black rgb-layer. The gradient to a lighter grey (white) in the top of the alpha-channel-layer (to think of as a mask) resulting in letting more black coming through from the rgb-layer, so windscreen gets gradiently darker to the top of windscreen.

Saving this file as DDS (DXT5, ARGB 8 bpp interpolated alpha, Generate MIP maps) is ready to use ;)

If you leave the rgb-layer as it is originally, you will keep the nice reflections and scr4tches looking really sweet when cruising around well-textured circuits. For competitive racing challenges (like on *ad-mode:eek:n*--~IsR~--CamaroPublic*ad-mode:eek:ff* for example) it is a bit annoying just like the smokers that dont set their radiators up to 3 while driving the hell out of that car ;)

Cheers, cu on track

20. tjc

tjc Registered