REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

HDR off ?

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

A little addition to the thread.

Much greater car Model which can look very well with the best possible settings and conditions but it is hard to take some great looking screenshot because of any bad looking texture on track which can be find everywhere on every track. Needs really some feeling to catch the right position. Even the zombis as crowds are killing immersion.

On the driving dynamics is not much what i can say atm. I hada have not much time to drive the car that much but i realised a stronger FFB and to much vertical drag sensibility on it while the car has to much bump steer effect which is hardly that much in real as if the force sensibility in lower areas is amplyfied a bit.

Rear feels similar to other RWD in rF2 while it is more plausible with this hard compounts but still doesn't feels right to me over the whole bandwidth.

The front let me feel some regripping while sliding sideway's more clear but still not enough force applying on the wheel. It should somewhat mor powerfull. Increasing the generall strength is not the solution here because it affects some unwished forces like the steer bump as well.

The reflections on the car are to shiney, even on low settings while the performance and look on the car body is bad too. :)

3. JWE

JWE Registered

Any idea when will the templates be available?

4. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

That's what it is max. Had same thing with HDR off. speed1 is correct

5. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

tested the Camaro and I have one question where is the understeer?!? What I mean is the understeer feeling of low resistance in the steering wheel because the front wheel is out of grip and therefore the wheel resistance should come down... But now I turn in at ridiculous speed the car doesn't turn in (understeer) but turning the wheel in further gives no change in ffb, in my opinion it should have no to verry little resistance to feel/simulate understeer.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Odp: Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Weaker force coming from lower grip but more resistance as tyre scrubs more instead of rolls (and just scrub a little).
    There should be some vibrations due to that increased scrubbing/skidding.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes it seems the drag on the loaded wheel is to high and eliminates patch sensivity while the lesser loaded wheels as well the rear doesn't put some feeling in to it as well every lateral slide is without a indicator. Further the FFB is to much front axle related. Should be somewhat more rear patch feeling in, at least not just if the longitidunal grip and traction diff is applying.

8. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Yes LesiU and speed1 you guys seem to understand what I mean!

9. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

speed1 : you're right it is the HDR that does this! But this is not normal ...

with HDR
    [​IMG]

without HDR
    [​IMG]

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

It does it on the shift LEDs on the FISI for me too Max

All white with HDR off

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

If anybody understand what am i talking about, seems it's not often the case. :rolleyes:

Not sure about but i speculate on color addition by HDR for lightning sources.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Done some more laps against a random selection of AI cars, immense fun, need to dial in a setup as it's too oversteery for me right now but dont have time to properly get one down.
    Cockpit in HDR is too bright so will try the fix posted a few pages back (thanks for that), I think that compensation or whatever is vastly overdone in many of the cockpits of cars...personally prefer a switch to turn it off.

Slight bug noticed - the LCD (center) screen cuts off the end of the Lap counter

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There's an issue with the ISI cars and the way the tires wear. The Camaro is the latest victim.

Power through the rear wheels doesn't affect tire wear or heating in any appreciable way. This is not realistic. How does a 2012 Camaro GT3 car wear its tires int he exact same way a 60's f3 does? Or a GT2 Corvette? Something is up with front tire wear and rF2 and I am not the only one who has noticed- look at the results of the 6 Hours of Mid-Ohio race and you'll see that the fastest drivers were doing around 22 laps on a set of tires around Mid-O. Somethig is wrong there and this Camaro is no better.

I do not like this car and so far the ISI GT cars have been huge disappointments.

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Tire scrubbing feel has been absent for a long while. Seems that its been gone since after the 4th or 5th build.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Real 'scrubbing' as a form of specific tire wear isn't implemented at all. You'll know when it is because everyone will be complaining about it. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

16. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

The tires wear very evenly for me front and rear when driven properly. You continue to post this misinformation as fact so I'll continue to refute it. If you think it's because I'm not going fast enough I'm happy to arrange for a match-up.

17. 88mphTim

This is all because of your driving. Really. It has to be said...

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Really great work on the rims. Looking very well with the right lightning conditions. Some daytimes are looking really good but some more cartoon like. The car doesn't match it's sourround well on standard settings but it can. Still experimenting with HDR and SweetFx. Very intresting is the sharpening filter. It adds some depth to the image and make things more alive, if there wasn't some disturbing textures around the tracks while it is not that bad in motion out of the cockpit it is more disturbing in replay mode and extern cams.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'm already very impressed by the feeling even if i have something to complain its the best overall feeling i had have in a sim but i was more happy if the tire physics where complete. :)

20. 88mphTim

I don't understand... It wasn't there and removed (scrubbing wear), it never was...