REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Not sure what "scrubbing" means, maybe graining or something like that?

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Tim

No i don't mean that feature, i'm just a bit impatience when it comes to something i like but isn't more complete. I know it will be but ..... and i'm sure the devs are constantly testing and experimenting thing's.

What i really like is that the guy's put a car out and it is driveable as well very predictable without the need 1000's of aftertweaks.

So be aware please, we are mostly talking about bits. ;-)

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Does this car have/use TC in real life competitions and if yes do we have to use rF2`s TC from driver aids for realism? For me it feels like this car needs TC on low speed acceleration.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

I did a 20 lap race at mid ohio, didn't get so well like last one at silverstone. :D
    Had problems to find the limit in slow corners especially over peak's, where i couldn't see much of the environment. But this is a generally problem of race sims.
    Dont know about TC in this car Nibo, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  5. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Complicated question. Check the FIA series regulations for TC availability. The car is set up to have traction control with eight useable steps as well as a TEVES – Racing ABS System. So yes and maybe?

6. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

8. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

If the specs are true, it explains why you have to be gentle with the throttle application, 650hp, and gobs of torque, almost 200hp more than the vette :p

9. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

470hp vs 650hp. Quite a difference yes.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

650HP with no FIA air restrictors...GT3 cars, after homologation process, are at about 450-500HP (at flywheel) level.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Just Brutal ! I would like to feel it ;)

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

And yet it still can't heat up the rears and it's the fronts that take the beating. Something is wrong with the ISI cars. It's like power applied through the rear wheels doesn't affect the tires in the least bit. Lateral slip causes tire heating and wear but longitudinal does not. This is why the rears are always cold.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

then explain the results of the 6 hour race. I'm not going by my own results- I'm going by the race results based on the common experience of many drivers. There's a reason why in that race the winning strategy wasn't to pit because of fuel, but because of tires. Tires are the limiting factor with ISI GT cars. This was proven beyond a doubt in that race and in countless other races since. It is a common complaint. You can barely go 1 tank of fuel on a set of tires, much less double stinting (which real endurance cars will do).

But yet, there's no explanation for this COMMON complaint about the ISI GT cars. I've driven several add-on cars that do not have this issue- add-on cars have a tendency to heat up all tires more or less equally (well, the better mods anyway, there are some that are not very good or as yet undeveloped).

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I would assume those giving feedback also aren't professional racing drivers or weren't able to adapt their style to suit the demands of the car and tires, either. Because you CAN do what you're saying you CANNOT.

There is an explanation, see my paragraph above, or the reply of others with real life relevant experience and knowledge. You completely ignored Matt's post, it seems.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Not 100% sure about that. I know the homologation process does not mean each car conforms to the same HP#. They all carry different torque#s as well due to balance of performance issues between manufacturers. I do know that the Camaro has the largest restrictor plate diameter in the FIA GT3 homologation finalization for 2013. Take it for what its worth. Numbers are supposed to be similar to the Lambo. Both Reiters powerplants I believe

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  17. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

It's probably because they're overdriving the entries and sliding the fronts. When I do that I see my fronts overheat, which is exactly what I expect to happen.

Maybe I'll record a video for you. If I put the tire display up while driving, the Camaro's tire temps can be seen to do exactly what you say they don't. The fronts heat up more than the rears during the corner entry phase, and then during the exit phase the rears heat up very quickly while the fronts stay about where they were before I picked up the throttle. By the time I reach track-out the two are fairly close in temp, or at least have returned to near the relative difference they had before I entered the corner.

I don't know what your (or others in SCES) real life racing experience is, but something I've always seen is many simracers without real experience have a tendency to overdrive the entry to corners and slide the front end as a means of bleeding speed. In a real car you don't want to do this. You need to DRIVE (as in, with the fronts rolling more than they're sliding) into the corner. If you don't you will be A) slower, and B) slower still as the front tires increasingly come apart.

One way to evaluate something like this is for the two drivers who have differing opinions to get on track and test it in real time together. If they're able to run similar times to one another at the start, the truth will quickly reveal itself. That doesn't work so well when the drivers aren't running similar times to start though, which is why I've previously done a solo test of this and shown that in the Corvette, over a full stint of fuel, my wear is fairly even and lap times are actually lower at the end of the run. That was in this thread (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4323-Nissan-GTR-370z?p=169593&viewfull=1#post169593) which you were in and chose to ignore.

In fact, if I take the Corvette out on the default setup (last I tried it), I end up burning the rears off in no time and have a hard time completing a stint just because I'm halfway to wrecking every other corner.

18. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

I went looking at the SCES forums to see what's being said about this and can't find one comment about it in the tire thread (http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/u...3695516/2013_SCES_Tyre_Discussion#Post3695516).

I can't really figure out exactly what they're doing to the tires, but obviously they're trying to get multiple compounds for different race lengths and qualifying, which is cool. But the way you made things sound, I expected to see a bunch of posts going off about the uneven front/rear wear rates and couldn't find a one.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It's strange to say, but I find this car more drivable and fun to drive than the C6!

20. canastos

canastos Registered

Me too, in fact, it's easier for me to understand where limits are with this car than with Corvette. Don't get me wrong, I love both child, but this is my favorite of them ;)

byyyyyyyyye