Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

I guess this was biggest news in ISI land as of late, in case someone missed it. Probably also means rF2 gets to Steam eventually at some point.

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

except for when its half empty ;)

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

The glass is always full. Unless it's in a vacuum ;)

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There's always dark matter

5. team355

team355 Registered

get back to school young man... its gravity your looking for :)

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Then it's full of dust and dog hair.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

...which is often dark matter

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I've found a bag full of milky ways!!

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I'm 46 ;) and going a bit senile.... you're going to have to explain that one.

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, i bet they working very hard.

What i think is, they try to release a new build with updated contact patch, a new user-interface and (time-close) Stock-car-mod all together until x-mas. A very ambitious task, in this short timeframe if you ask me.
    The new user-interface might be necessary, because they wan't to implement a more flexible model of racing/series regulations, especially for the Stock-cars.
    And yes, i'm possibly wrong with "new user-interface" until x-mas. ;)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I'd be happy with shadow and mirror resolution improvements and all the stuff we already have to be working properly (all at the same time).

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Mirror resolution is literally something that takes 5 minutes. This should simply be an option from day 1. I downloaded a tiny GSC and rF1 file with like 5 different mirror resolution files. Extremely basic stuff to change this.

13. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Last time stock car was mentioned, it was rather early in development. Releasing stock cars without tire updates would make no sense. I would definitely be one of the first in line to criticize ISI for such move. I'm occasionally bringing up the issue of insufficient tire simulation for ovals, ever since first oval content was released.

If more oval content starts to be released without tire pressure issue solved, I aim to misbehave ;)

Adding even entire screen with options doesn't create necessity of creating new user interface.
    Not to mention that race rules are more likely to be based on plugins. So it's more about making plugins able to expose their settings in the UI.

My bet is on Cobra and/or DW12 update. It could be that there will also be a track release, but if they're working on oval content, they may not have any road course currently in the works that could be released.

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

From the tone of your post, sounds like you're going to stay up till 9pm or something ;) ...anarchy in the UK XD

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Nope. It's a quote:

I was really let down when ISI released DW12 and IMS. I don't think rF2 is ready for ovals and that release led me to believe ISI has a tire update coming. Unfortunately it turned out nothing more than releasing popular content in time of high demand rather than giving use new simulation experience.

Generally I don't mind some "popular" features missing from simulation. Lack of DRS or KERS systems does not affect handling of F1 cars. It affects racing experience, but it's acceptable as missing feature. Going for oval content without giving us the ability to setup our cars properly for such track is worrying, though.

I support rF2, but that doesn't mean I support every decision made. If ISI continues to release oval content before dealing with this issue, I will keep bringing it up until either it's dealt with or I end up on Tim's ignore list ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Please be careful. You are too knowledgeable and helpful to the rest of us for us to lose you ;)

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

18. Rik

Rik Registered

I agree and not only for The oval track. Better is " going for new contents like cars and tracks without giving us the ability to setup our cars is worrying.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lack of DRS on F1 cars?

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I know DRS has been delivered, but tire pressure is still not working - that was my point.