rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Had another few hours with this build,

Fps seems fine and that with everything looking better -HDR working now gosh is this a nice effect,
    Some Cars seem to have a little more depth (ffb updates ? Or physics ? )
    all tracks ( except monza ) in day mode fps is decent

Have tried night time though ( clio with headlights on ) and I get a nasty fps hit (all tracks ) so will not use night mode for now
    Problem still exists for me on monza (day or night ) which still dosnt run so again will continue not use this track Untill it's sorted

Some things seem nicely optimised other things seem to be still awaiting optimisations?

Running 4440x960 most things maxed ( except AAx1 no FXAA track detail set to MED, multi view off)
    & FOV set to 33, my steering wheel is close to centre monitor so my settings are pretty much 1:1,
    The mirrors don't have ajustment (at max ajustment) to point backwards !%!?! -awaiting fix

A few more updates like this and I can see gold

P.s rf2 with HDR on in nvidia 3d vision look very very nice now (-:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

My experience with 101. I did the update process, not full install. First time for me doing this. It went real smooth.

As has been mentioned... wow, what a variance of experience regarding FPS. I did a tally of all the posters in this thread (so far).

8 had no diffrerence
    4 had improvement
    7 had worse

Adding my experience to the tally, make it 5 with an improvement. Like about 10-15%! I don't know why but I'm happy! I saw nothing in the notes about optimization and I'd really expect every added feature or fix to come with a performance hit. In case it matters, I do my personal FPS benchmark with all graphics enhancements turned off. No HDR, AA, FXAA, and texture filter set to biliniar. Giving the game all the advantage. And as of a few weeks ago all my playing and benchmarks are done with only one graphics card (Gtx560ti) installed.

But, I do have a problem when I turn HDR on which no one else has mentioned. The over all lighting is as if there was a complete heavy raincloud ceiling. Everything is dark (like at dusk) even though the sky is set to "clear" at 2pm. And the cars have a wierd lighting effect on their under sides. Like they're lit from the bottom.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Some on your list we have. Some we never will. So a good mix. ;)

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Even a basic T-Shirt that says 'Ferrari' on it is $40+. I can't imagine the cost of licensing one of their current F1 cars would be :eek:

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I am seeing the exact same thing.

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi feels, did you install the update or went for a fresh install?

R.

7. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Hey.
    It seems like i got a little Synch issue since this update...
    Its a bit laggy in Online races now. I dunno why, i did not change anything on my PC. It must be this update.

Its not a big Synch issue, just a little bit laggy now

Anyone got the same problem? Anyone know how to solve it?

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Some one has proven that it doesn't matter.There is no difference in files in both cases.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Try to change the the connection settings in "multiplayer.ini" for a bit more bandwidth.

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Update.

11. Favio

Favio Registered

Guys someone is having pc crashes with this build? or it's just me?. Also HDR it's causing me a lot of stuttering :(

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sorry, forgot to mention video card is 5900 series. NOT crossfire.

13. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I guess I'll post this in the bug thread. Maybe we can get some suggestions on a fix.

Edit: It fixed itself. I started up rF2 this morning to capture a screen shot for my post in the bugs thread and the problem was gone. The only thing I did different was start rF2 in single screen resolution. I saw there was no prob and restarted in triple screen. No prob in triple screen.

14. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks ISI! I've been patiently waiting for this one.

15. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

So far so good, no frame rate hit that I can detect still getting a solid 60fps and so far no stuttering. Graphics are still "meh" but there has been a slight improvement in colour but for me still a way to go there. Nice to see the headlights working and I have yet to see if the rain has improved ie you can see it in car. Not a big leap forward but forward none the less. Now to patiently await the next one that I hope will contain more graphical tweaks.

16. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

I have got the same problem with the tree shadows only.
    I reinstalled rfactor 2 and the tracks, but the flickering is still there.
    When I try to record the tree shadows with fraps the shadows disappear during the recording.
    :/

17. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Shadows flicker off and on at Brianza. At Monaco, in addition to flickering, the shadows pop up noticeably as I drive along. Otherwise 101 runs very well for me with good frame rates and the BT20 feels great cornering. Keep up the good work.
    SW

18. sm1ggs

sm1ggs Registered

hi guys first post for me, love the game thanks isi does anyone know if the colors been fixed as it was very bright in build 90 , cant test as im away. thanks

19. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I did a fresh install and have the same issues here. Additionally shadows pop up out of nowhere with nothing to cast them near by. I have tried different times a day, tracks and weather conditions, the shadows issue still there. The frame rates do appear to be better though.

20. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

First I thought it is a problem with my GPU, but it looks like it is a new build bug.