rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

AFAIK they did that because they couldn't get licensing, not wouldn't. I'd like to do it, as those 60's cars are my thing (though the modern F2 has blown away my belief that a high downforce car can't be as much fun), but we may have to wait a bit (as I think I already said before) for things to settle, then release one and see if it boosts sales, then if it does, we'll try more. All very open for internal discussion though... I've managed to contact every license holder, although some are simply not affordable, others are, and might not be worth the sales...

2. 88mphTim

Good. :)

3. 88mphTim

I'll be with one of the 1.2 Renault mods I think, either the Megane or the FR3.5.

Sorry, not at my PC to check for sure.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I am experiencing this too. Cannot use HDR. 5900 series graphics card. NOT crossfire. Thanks.

5. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

No sorry I mean with hdr off in daytime i get the kind of fps I was getting before the latest build, but at night time it goses to pot, like ive got hdr on but worse.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

When I turn HDR off I go back to no stuttering (same as in Build 90).

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK! Makes sense. Thanks!

9. Thanks ISI for keeping updating/improving this wonderful simulation! ;)

10. 88mphTim

I'm sorry, I don't know what that link tells me about what you're asking for, what you can/can't do. I probably just need you to talk about our software, and describe within it what you're wanting, rather than showing me things like that, because I don't understand your point being made yet.

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think he means the rooster tails and rain effects etc

12. 88mphTim

Understood, thanks.

13. 88mphTim

Ah ok, they're just not ready, and won't be as long as the tech they are built on keeps changing so rapidly... Doesn't stop running in the rain though...

14. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

I havenĀ“t tried it in Build 101, but in Build 90 the Formula ISIs were completely undriveable in wet conditions. I think F1 2004 wants to say that this is still the case.

digi

15. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

correct :)

16. Magus

Magus Registered

Ok I just noticed that I had set a custom rf2 profile on Nvidia Inspector & reverting it to default has stopped all the stutters for me (when HDR is on).

17. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Build 101 vs Build 90 FPS comparison

I've seen quite a few posts stating that the FPS seems worse of there is now stuttering etc.

Personally, although I have a high end SLI GFX setup, I have not seen any significant difference and would like to feed this alternative and positive view back to ISI on Build 101.

The main difference I see is that now FXAA has been fixed with Multiview/HDR combinations :) and to my sight (which is no longer 20/20) Level 3 AA with no FXAA vs Level 0 with FXAA appears no different to me, but the latter gives me a slight gain in FPS and much less VRAM usage, which can only be a good thing :)

Unfortunately, on my rig, Multiview still trashes SLI scaling.... I wonder, is this going to be addressed when the graphics are optimised?

View attachment 3412

I have measured the VRAM as I have 4GB available on each card I was unlikely to run out, I thought it may be useful for others.

The benchmarks are taken at Mills in the Megane, AI control, 20 AI, 10th pos on the grid. All display setting on their maximum settings Full/Max or ON, cockpit view.

18. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

I was glad to read your post on licensing on the older cars Tim as the sixties cars are also my favourite era! I hope you can get the license for the Eagle Weslake and perhaps the Cooper Coventry Climax and BRM would be good too. Not to mention Ferrari, Honda and Lotus!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Not to nitpick, but SLI does not share or add VRAM. 2 x 4GB cards in SLI = 4GB max VRAM available, not 8GB.

So saying you have 4GB available on each card in SLI is incorrect. You still only have the VRAM of a single card available.

You're still unlikely to run out with 4GB though :)

20. MrPix

MrPix Registered

and not to nit pick... but where did I say I had 8GB?.... look at the graphic. I do have 4GB available on each card.... which is 4GB in total. Look up SLI.... the memory is effectively mirrored... giving super quick access to the 4GB local VRAM for each GPU.... I refer you to the famous quote by Mark Twain (see your sig):rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012