rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

I've only played 101 with HDR on & like many having stuttering especially around 1966 Monte Carlo. Later tonight I'm going to try with HDR off & see how it goes.

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

What about the tv cockpit cam? It's not centered on the car anymore. Does anyone has the same problem?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You seem to be misplacing the first part of my reply, the bit where I set the context for the bit you're responding to. He is saying punctures are the most important thing in all of racing. Basically, he's asking for punctures to be #1 in the list, and he's not going to get it. We'll be trying to prioritize things that happen all the time first.

4. 88mphTim

I do both with every update, and I have NEVER experienced a different between a fresh install and an updated one... :)

Edit: Although there was one build which didn't update correctly, early on, but I don't know if that build ever went public. Uninstalling and reinstalling mods with each update would probably do more.

5. 88mphTim

Neither of which were as advanced, and modelled many of the things which may be affecting your driving in rFactor2. We're comparing to the real cars, rather than older software.

6. 88mphTim

? As the thread says, only an update has been released.

7. 88mphTim

There are others from 1966 I have licensed, I also have offers for more, but I'm not sure if they're going to bring in sales to pay their licenses. At the moment I'm debating with myself whether to take the risk on many cars.

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Weird! With every setting the same as build 90, I took a hit on all the ISI built tracks. They're now at around 67fps and slightly choppy in some places. All others run just as before at around 85fps and glass smooth. I did the update, so maybe I'll completely remove the sim and do a full build 101 install. I like that the smoke got fixed though. It is now much more realistic looking during lockup...no more blockyness. Thanks for that. Is there a way to delete the graphics profile in RF2 and have the system rebuild it on game restart? If there is, maybe I'll try that first. Still enjoying RF2....and especially Croft in the Clio. What a rush.

9. 88mphTim

If you have that issue, you might want to rebuild by uninstalling and reinstalling the historic mod. Let me know if that works, please.

10. 88mphTim

? There's nothing stopping you from setting wet weather...

11. 88mphTim

You only have the Clio pace car because you have no content installed. The rfmod files need to be installed by being put in the packages folder, and installed via mod manager/series option in-sim.

12. 88mphTim

If you delete the rfmods and the installed data folders, you don't have the rfmods and the installed data folders. If you hadn't have deleted them, they wouldn't be deleted. :D

13. 88mphTim

Any chance you can try disabling things one by one (turning on the previous one again before turning off the next) so it can be seen which gfx option affects you most?

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I turned hdr off just now joined a sever in practice session mills day time and stuttering and fps where back too pre 101, but when race started it was night time and it was horrible down as low as 15fps no higher than 40 with stutters.In build 90 I could hit nearly 100fps in day time conditions and no lower than 50 fps before with hdr on, everything maxed at Mills.

15. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

I tested the new Build until now and I must say it is an awesome update for me because the whole game runs more smooth and stable now. I now can turn on HDR and increase the shadows from mid to high and have a improvement of about +10 fps compared to Build 90 :) Thank you for that, my game looks better now :D

No bugs found until yet (I will tell :p)

Wish for the next update: - "real" mirrors, also improved resolution and draw distance of mirrors :)

Now going back to the Multiplayer with my G25 :) Cya

16. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

As an alternative to licensing would you do clones with alias names ala GPL and the Murasama? It would be nice to get the full set of cars?

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

other F1 1966 cars, great news! :)

....and Coventry for Cooper :)

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

FYI this method fixed the shadow flickering on Croft for me :)

19. 88mphTim

So are you saying it's better with HDR on, if that stuttering comes when you turn it off?

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK I must be dense... Where can I find Malaysia 1.2? Nothing including in build 101 and can't find anywhere and required by online race. Many thanks in advance...