How are we doing on moving out of the open beta phase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smbrm, Jul 24, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Also, if walking is faster than your driving, youre much safer too. (watch out for banana peels)

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I wasn't that optimistic, so I purchased lifetime option.... :cool:

3. coops

coops Banned

i thought it would be a no BRAINER to buy life time as it was less than 1/2 the price more of the other offer. i didn't think i had anything to lose by doing so, as most games are up at that price on full release any way. i think most ppl shouldn't have been that optimistic either on the beta being over in 6 months.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Buying a yearly license or a lifetime license has no bearing on the beta period.

People who bought the yearly license get Matchmaker access through the entire beta (however long it takes) and then a full year once it's gold.

A lifetime license gives you no advantage during the beta. There literally is no difference until the game is released.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I think my yearly purchase gonna last for life time at this pace of development. infinit+1>lifetime
    time strechting... einstein said something about this whe you are suffering times passes slowly.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so we could do with a status update then...........MUWAHAHAHAHAHA :p

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's not precise enough.
    While buying in January, it was stated yearly licence is extended to 18 months to cover beta period.
    Then after months and asking what if beta will take longer, I believe Tim or Max have said, that it depends on Gjon, but we shouldn't be worry about that.

I'm sure ISI will be fair in that case, but I wanted to clarify about statements

Edit:
    I found clear answer in Get Started Thread

BTW: I bought lifetime licence

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  8. osella

osella Registered

It's 1 year + beta phase.
    Clear as a sky.

9. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Not necessarily we are testing the version for modders
    There maybe another separate version being tested by a selected external/internal testing team that is far closer to gold than we get our hands on at this stage.

BTW that is purely speculation on my part ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I hope your right MOD43 because i think the same, think we'll see some major progress in next update and gold maybe not so far off sept oct maybe.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I have my fingers crossed that the next update will be a good one, let's hope it's fairly close too (-:

Not really bothered about new content from ISI just optimisations & features

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I believed in 2013 release, but I'm redoing my calculations, I doubt we'll have golden version before 2014.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Satangoss

With an initial beta period planned for 6 months it extending to 2 years+ would be a disaster, I'm sure ISI are keen to get this to gold as soon as possible,

Of course who knows but I'm hoping for a winter gold release to pre-xmas this year, unless there is very serious problems

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I thought it was a no brainer to buy the yearly subscription when I realized that ISI gets more money from me with that if they keep on supporting rF2 like they should. I won't give them donations, but I will stay a happy customer for as long as they keep working on rF2. =)

15. Axly

Axly Registered

It's quite fun to see how different people chose between lifetime and yearly subscription, and all for basically the same reason! We all seem very keen to support ISI and their work but we choose different ways of doing it :)

I was recommended rf2 by a friend whose taste in sims i really respect, after a simracing pause of almost 10 years. For me it was never an issue to choose since both options felt very cheap, and i wanted to give the devs the oppurtunity to develop more by giving them more initial money... However, the point raised by jubuttib is just as valid and correct :)

I was prepared to analyse crashes and had my dedicated "bloody bugs"-notebook next to my computer, it is after all a beta, but apart from the already reported ones (texture in windscreen, mirrors) i haven't found any. Since a lot more features are to be implemented, i don't expect a formal release in a while, but i can definately understand if ISI want to go Gold asap so rf2 can start selling (and take over as the new King of sims) for real.

so... if financially possible, i hope that rf2 can wait until it's a flawless product, i'll still keep a lookout for bugs and improvements, and meanwhile i'll get a lot of joyful moments from it.
    (that being said... sure i want it to go Gold right now, i want more People to race with, i want everyone to buy this so Leagues can be created.. want it all, want it now.. human nature i guess ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I bought a lifetime subscription but without any idea what this is? I still don't really know what the annual subscription is for?
    & do I have to pay this as I've bought the lifetime ?

Timing wise it would make sense for ISI to get this to gold stage this side of Xmas, gtr3 / AC + few others bubbling under.

17. coops

coops Banned

+1

18. coops

coops Banned

lifetime = lifetime, annual subscription = nothing for lifetime you don't have to worry about this

19. coops

coops Banned

Tim says on his FB that an update is due very soon.

1 person likes this.
  20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

sweeeeet :D