How are we doing on moving out of the open beta phase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smbrm, Jul 24, 2012.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

which my be today or in a month ;)

2. Alesi

Alesi Registered

hope it will be very soon.. cause their "soon" is to long 2 or more months.
    its time to new update... isi moving with rf2 too slowly
    as it goes as it is, soon we will see Assetto Corsa, and then gtr3, but not rf2

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

YAWN :rolleyes:

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

YAWN
    (please dont do this, its addictive)
    YAWN
    YAWN

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

looks like not today ;)

6. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

I wish the plan was a bit better. They need to force guys to quit playing rfactor1. Right now, go online, theres no one playing rfactor2. I fear leagues will go into next year having to do or start another season rfactor1. We need a release with features that will make the community not even wanna open their rfactor1 anymore.

- vmod system needs to go away.

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Basically we need a release that has finished physics to do that. Not going to happen anytime soon, probably.

And the vmod system doesn't have to go away, but it needs to be improved and opened up somewhat.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, I didn't post anything about an update.

However, both these posts are still current (and both say pretty much the same thing):
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6405?p=78083&viewfull=1#post78083
    http://rfactor.net/web/2012/07/23/rfactor2-testing-continues/
    Bottom one was posted the day before this thread. I guess it didn't get seen.

The answer to "what are ISI doing?" is always going to be "working on the next update". You do know what we're doing. :)

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

i don't mind what ISI id doing. I would like to know what issues has been addressed, what features will come with next build.

would be also fine to know which date ISI is heading for gold, because the last estimation failed.

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

IMO, they don´t want to fail twice or frustrating people saying: "in a year"

Thanks ISI for being so kind with beta testers.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yep, but some pre-paid for product having information about expected release.
    At least for this reason, they deserve some info.

12. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I´m one of those and i get really frustrated but i´m tanking anti-depressives now and don´t care anymore about this.
    That position only hurts thenselves and their credibility.

13. 88mphTim

I don't think they like to do that (notify you about the next build before-hand) incase anything gets pulled for the release of that build. It can sometimes be a long time before something which appears simple to re-add actually does, an example would be the raindrops, etc, which actually can't be re-added (yet).

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's really hard to argue this way. You are giving arguments which are true always but must not be connected to the situation.
    I know relations you talking about. but I hope you are sure (or ISI is sure) about features which will trigger gold, or ones required to be implemented into gold. For example: wind will be in gold, or wind is not planned to be released in gold. I'm not even saying about driver changes ;) Getting it confirmed, which has been announced by Gjon years ago would be exciting.
    The same about updates. A few days ago you have said that incoming patch will be released very soon. So i expect you have some idea what is patched, especially in case of long awaited fixes like mirrors, headlights, reflections end more.

At the end, saying 'guys, we need next half a year for gold' is nothing bad. Any one on this forum would be than kfull for such info. Staying mute makes situation worse, in my opinion.

thx for answer.

15. 88mphTim

Can you point to where I said a patch would be released very soon? I'd like to know where these words are coming from, because I don't think they're coming from me at all. Whether this information is correct, or incorrect right now isn't an issue, the fact that someone is saying I said something - that I don't think I did - is an issue.

Regarding info on what is or isn't in the gold. That's unknown. Gjon sets these things and most of the plans can change because of licenses we acquire, discussion or because Gjon feels like it. It isn't information that would really be of any use to you until things are closer, they can change too much.

I have replied in various places about driver changes, including here. They will be made better. We do have licenses for some content that this feature would work well with, so they will probably be released at the same time according to our discussions, but when that is, I cannot confirm.

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No Tim, you never said that. Someone said it was stated on the Facebook page :rolleyes: but they did not provide a link.

Of course now it's turned into "Tim said........"

I never heard you say that and I never saw it on the FB page.

Of course that doesn't matter for some people. They will even use unproven rumor to complain.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes, buddha is right. I saw something referred to FB. Because no one reported it as untruth information, I thought it is true.
    Then I'm sorry.

Don't be so tough. Are you trying to confirm any information written on web pages?

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Will to believe, it can make some weird things to happen.

Work at peace, that would be nice atmosphere to have when working with something.

19. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Yes, sorry Tim, I did miss the 2nd progress update. I was just curious about where things were at conceptually.

20. 88mphTim

The concept is quite a long-term delivery. There are types of racing which will be added (along with their features and content) outside of the test phase completely. We have a loose road map for those, but none that can be shared with you yet. As far as moving out of the test phase, it's going to be after we switch from additions to consolidation fixing all the minor issues which aren't show stoppers), but again, that depends on the boss calling the cutoff for it.