FIA Formula 2 coming up? Hoover spilled the beans :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No update on timing for you, but hopefully to tide you over...

2. perplex

perplex Registered

omg wow ...sounds really nice.i can hear the turbo whohooooww . and skins looking really good too.

i call it highend .

3. Magus

Magus Registered

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

:confused:

I'm all for turbo sounds, but not like this--it's like nails on a chalkboard. Please tell me that youtube audio compression is affecting it or that they're 1st pass or something... or if this is truly considered 'realistic' then please give me an option to turn them down/off... This would definitely completely ruin it for me. EDIT: Actually, it's not bad for the first minute and a half or so. From about 2:40 onwards it seems to get really bad, though.

Ok, now that the negative bit is over--they look like great fun! Love the display, too! Looking forward to try 'em out (even if it's without the sound turned on) :) .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  5. 88mphTim

It is realistic, and I think it probably won't bother you when you are the one making it happen, and feeling the car react with the sound. But, I guess we will find out when you have tried it anyway. :)

Also, just to note, we are aware of a few livery mistakes, I believe they are fixed in what will be released to you.

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This sounds different:

It's a 2012 car at Silverstone. Since it's a qualifying lap I don't suppose they tuned down the turbo or something :)

I realize that sound recorded by camera can be different than what you see in reality and camera placing plays huge part, but differences seem too big anyway.

7. That's what I'm waiting for! I will give rF2 a second chance when this car is released!
    Cheers,
    Oli ;)

8. 88mphTim

In think, in large part, you are hearing vibration, creating sound, as much as sound in that video. The audio equipment sounded overloaded and completely muffled and garbled. At low speed, with lower vibration, you can hear something similar to ours. If anything, it might just need to have volume adjusted. Here is another video, listen at 55-56s.

However, this isn't the end of development, either. :) If there was something incorrect, I am sure it could be corrected.

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Yeah, the video K Szczech posted sounds great, but the ingame one gave me a headache with my headphones and i couldnt even finish watching it. It sounds like your head is inside the turbocharger.

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol guys it's a youtube video :D

Lets at least wait until we hear how it sounds on our own systems before we start a video clip war over what F2's should sound like ;)

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ye and the sound in that YT video is as always distorted.

12. 88mphTim

13. osella

osella Registered

[​IMG]

Agree the sound sounds a bit overdone with the turbo, shouldn't be as high pitch but let's wait how it sounds on our machines.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, that's why I consider youtube videos as some kind of "sanity check" rather than reference.

The difference was quite big, though. Maybe because camera was placed above driver's head, so it was close to air intake which could change balance between turbo volume and engine volume. That's why I mentioned camera placing in the first place.
    I don't think recording hardware could make that much of a difference - even if sound was oversteered you should still be able to get the same sound proportion between turbo and engine, except for horrible quality :)

I think 0:27 and 0:47 are better, but still not at the level we hear in rF2 video.

Yup, just bringing this one to attention, that's all :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  15. 88mphTim

No, I thank you guys. You have good eyes and ears. :)

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Awesome video! Was that against the AI Tim?

Also I have never driven an F2 in Real Life so have no opinion of what the turbo should sound like :p

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

thanks for vid Tim, did you use 6 sec boost?

18. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Just realised that I have mixed gp2 and f2 whole time... I was waiting gp2 :D

But video looks fantastic!! I have free weekend so release would be nice :p

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill! Thanks for the updates Tim,

Let's hope these last minute alts don't take to long so your guys can get it out there, will be really nice trying something new from ISI.

I'm checking the forums about 8 times a day lol!

20. 88mphTim

Yes, just the Luciano car (the one you're sat in) was human. All those blocking moves, etc, are the AI.

Just a tip, for when you get this car: Run a qualifying session. Although it may be possible to have some good races, you'll probably have better ones if the right guys start at the front. And currently, from what I can see, accel sessions, and skipped sessions, don't do that. It'll also give you some rubber, which this car does need.