FIA Formula 2 coming up? Hoover spilled the beans :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Three Finns and a Greek walk into a pub. Well, I say pub, actually it was a stand up comedy club. They walk up to the bartender but unfortunately on the way they notice that Bill Bailey is performing on the stage and are hijacked into a surrealist ramble... It all went downhill from there, but luckily some heckler interrupted the routine before he got to the "delicate hanging cadence" part and they were spared. The rest of the night went pretty much according to the Geoffrey Chaucer pubbe gagge, which wasn't that bad, all in all.

There was no joke, just found it funny how three Finns and a Greek were the only ones to react to someone saying they're going to stick their foot specifically in someones behind. =)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Doesnt make any sense, but what does anyway...

Hope you are having fun, whatever you do...just be carefull where you put your foot, unlike this guy dandar here :rolleyes:

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

4. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

OMG baked bean!

That guy, Ivo Pakvis works for GPupdate.net. He likes simracing as well and a few years ago he regularly raced in a league called Benelux Racing Online. I raced him more than a dozen times on BRO and now BRO has made a vusion with DRL, making it Sim Racing Vereniging Nederland. Probably Ivo still races there now and then. SRVN will move from rF1 to rF2 which will feature the official F2 car. And Ivo may drive it in reallife!!.. Amazing isn't it :) ?? World is so small.

5. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

To top it off.. Rene Hoogterp did the Camera and Editing. He's a driver in SRVN as well. Jack Nicholls, who is commentating that video is a commentator for F2, and for Formula Sim Racing. HOW AWESOME

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Wow it is small world, i got this link of Luciano Becheta's twitter, tis a good little watch. F2 on twitter just posted a vid of Luciano playing rfactor 2 in the F2 too, lol Nurburgring features, enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/UZyljEMyI74

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UZyljEMyI74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Wow, it got me even more excited (didn't even now that was possible :p ). BTW, in the telemetry it also clearly had Barcelona, and I believe I saw some on track shots from there as well (halfway through the vid around 0:50, for the rest it indeed is nurburgring).

1 person likes this.
  8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Good spot dude, watching it back i dont know how i missed it lol. Barcalona is a great track also, cant wait. :D see Imola on a F2 test sever the other day too.

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Interesting...:) they're using the SimViewer + SimAdapter by SimTool. The realtime telemetry I was using for rF1...that means there is a plugin for rF2 too? :p

EDIT: or they're using rFactor 1...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

rF2s plugin is similar to rF1, and can be adapted with the new info from rF2. :)

Thanks for posting that vid. I was still asleep when they posted it. ;)

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That's cool...:)

12. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Hello

I would love to continue using SIMVIEW in Rfactor2. For me it is an essential addition to RF1.
    Could you share this small modification for RFactor2 plugin?

Best Regards

13. 88mphTim

BPS does all their modifications themselves, I believe. The rF2 plugin example is in the modding downloads thread, that's all we can provide. :(

14. 88mphTim

Painting template for the car is in the downloads thread.

15. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

I want the car, Tim. :)

16. perplex

perplex Registered

not for away from release i believe/hope. or should we paint until christmas comes `? :D

stop teasing plssssssssssssssssssssss

17. 88mphTim

You can spend the weekend painting, probably won't have to paint until Christmas.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Appreciate the report about the templates Tim, but I do have a question. Any idea if and when ISI will implement a custom skin folder or what ever so we can have everyone's skins available instead of just a single "extra" skin for each car?

19. 88mphTim

I haven't heard a yes yet, but I certainly hope so. I *hate* how skinning currently works. ;)

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that I need still wait a bit until I put my masterpieces on ebay ;)
    View attachment 3817

This is something I figure some can relate to, now I think my, my should be mine, mine, but it really does not matter
    View attachment 3818

I guess I need to practise bit more before actually starting painting cars though, it is much easier in reality :p