rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theother5

theother5 Registered

Taxi645 ....yea maybe you have point .... some of the comments have been OTT [over The Top] when reacting to WIP [Work In Progress] stuff. But as a broad spectrum of interested folks as we are, there'll be a broad and largely valid spectrum of responses to everything. Sure, some will miss the point that it's not fair to compare this to an expectation of final release as some of the WIP released stuff of concept explanation only but this will always happen on a large forum like this.

I'd call this a good thing overall as it shows ISI the interest level and expectation. However, I can appreciate that it has some frustration attached if you are on the receiving end.

This is keeness of course [to borrow the word from MarcG] and whilst well placed, it's perhaps sometimes poorly timed. I'll wager, Tim an co. at ISI can handle this anyway and they not necessarily taking their toys away for us, though they may well have decided to change tact a little and back off the WIP releases etc.

They are damned if they do and damned of they don't.

We on the forum do have a role to play here in self moderating the conversation and keeping those of us who misunderstand the status in check .... that asks for everyone posting to be aware and when not aware, to learn! I think overall, this forum does manage that in the final analysis albeit there are examples of when it clear can go a little too far.

That was a general comment BTW and not intended to be finger pointing here [it's does not help and who am I finger point anyway]

Thanks ZeosPantera for the link, I'd not seen it.

2. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

I qoute things as i want, buddy ;)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cheers for the link, 2011 for initial release then with Beta before that...nice!

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Awesome news!!

ISI why do you bother feeding the trolls at virtualr? You should not give that site any news. Pure troll site!!

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Is that site better? ;)

6. simfan

simfan Registered

I got few questions.

What does it mean open beta exactly?
    Does it mean demo with one car / track etc for everyone? Everyone will be able to download beta?

7. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

I must have missed something here, why is virtualr trolls?
    They seem to be up to date and have most of the news published on most sims, I also like their articles, informative and well written.

simfan, dont take my word for it but I would guess the beta will be the full game, I suspect they want the community to test as much of the game as possible, changing cars and tracks is a part of that, and it would open up for modders to get familiur and finding bugs while creating mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

seeing who posted the comment, I suspect they have said something positive about Iracing, because he calls everyone a troll/fanboy who has said something positive about Iracing ;)

9. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Depending on how Gjon decide;
    if we look back to rF1 we've had a public beta free to download for everyone and I'm pretty confident it 'll be the same also this time;
    public beta is a previous version of the demo,witch means NOT representative of the final product but probably with the same content;
    we'll have to do toghether some online plays to test the software and REPORT feedback (that's important) to ISI so they can work for candidate release ;
    beta release would be the first one,but watch it,NOT final release since they'll work on that for years from now so expect bugs etc...;)
    for basic users this will sound as a demo,and yes you'll be able finally to play the game,but it's important also to find some remaining bugs to report so they can solve it before going gold.:cool:

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

OMG! yeah I don't like iracing so I must be some sort of troll! but it's sooooooooo coooooool on virtualr to hate on rF2 or anything else really other than iracing. **** off already!!

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

BTW....open beta is basically what iracing is. Everybody is beta testers there. oh and BTW you moron dip****s. I'm an iracing member so yeah again....phuck off!!

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I love all you guys..

[​IMG]

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I personally don't see much bias at VirtualR. There are a select few closed minded people that bash everything rFactor related and another select few that bash everything iRacing related. I try to suport all sims. I have an iRacing sub and have from the the day invites went out but never really race it. I also own several copies of rFactor. I spend all my time in rFactor Leagues. If it wasn't for the leagues I would probably spend some time with iRacing. I wouldn't call iRacing an open beta. It is sort of a progression similar to what rFactor is. The difference is iRacing has a constant flow of money and a larger dev team and most significant is that iRacing is their primary focus. ISI has OEM stuff that takes priority over rFactor. I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for rFactor if I knew it would allow them to focus all their time on rFactor and grow their team a little. The subscription system isn't the devil. It has some advantages too. What iRacing should do is let you buy a snap shot of all their most recent content for offline use and private server use. And also open it up to modders. :)

People need to be more open minded and not just follow like lemmings. Don't label me as a fanboy. Just look at my iRacing profile and you will see I am not an iRacing fanboy. I guess you could label me as a SimRacing fanboy. :)

14. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Just another question Tim.

Will it be possible to make moving parts work correctly, like the springs on our Formula Student car getting pressed, or a moving chain drive as you can see in the open back of the car. (see the pictures)

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Finally you seem to get it :) I don't look on virtualr, I excually know nothing off it, so maybe I would hate it, but if you hate something, then why should everyone else...... they may still like it, and they should be able to without being harassed by someone who doesn't agree with someone's opinion.

And do you really think that by saying me to **** off you gain any respect from anyone??? I threath you with respect, although I completly disagree with your attitude, but apperently that's a little hard for you. I know you will disagree with me again, but thats life. I won't sleep any worse from it ;)

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Anyways! It serves ISI absolutely no gain to give anything to virtualr. That's my point. Don't give them any exclusive whatsoever. Keep the news here and on facebook. If someone cares about rF2 they know where this place is. I have no idea what ISIs marketing strategy is going to be once rF2 is released but giving info to Virtualtroll is useless.

17. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Windle View Post
    Hi Tim, long time no "see".

I was wondering if bad manual gear shifts will cause damage, so you could burn out your clutch or lose a gear.

Also curious if any new features for turbos would be added. Realistic garage settings, turbo lag, sound effects, etc.

Hi Tim,

I work close with Aubrey on 91HE and future projects and like to know if you have the answer about he asked a while ago
    Also we like to know the possibility of implement Qualfiy engines to use in qualfiy and switch to race engine for race without leaving rfactor for online/offline racing.
    - different tire compounds option for all 4 tires in garage
    - Exhaust Blown Diffusers http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/exhaust-blown-diffusers-pics-from-the-past/

many thanks in advance

FD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  18. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Virtualr is a potential route in for people that don't know about rFactor2. It will come up in a general search and with its coverage of all sim including console titles is a likely place people may be linked to and then look around. The articles themselves seem positive enough and the comments are no more banal than on Youtube and that seems a pretty successful place to use for awareness...

Whereas the Racesimcentral article headed "rFactor 2 May Break Too Many Barriers" seems a bit more slanted. "The read is partially a dump on customers" and takes Tims words about breaking barriers out of context in my view. http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2011/09/rfactor-2-may-break-too-many-barriers/

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You're producing so much off-topic here, that guys have to mark their developer questions in red.
    Control yourselves guys.

20. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Why not spend time on making textures, 3D objects, sound effects, logos etc etc....be creative.....rF2 is a creative platform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.