[WIP] Mosport

Discussion in 'Locations' started by shiet, Oct 3, 2015.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

2. shiet

shiet Registered

shiiiiiet... :D
    I don't know what's that, sorry I'm a noob with this MAS file utility. I guess I need to rename files and edit the .scn but I don't have more time today so here is a complete package (upload is faster)... :D

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mosport-ctmp-wip.7558/
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ai72pbli67qtga/CTMP_v0.808.rfcmp?dl=0
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zt4dtbke481xfm/CTMP_v0.808.rfcmp

This is the last update from me for a longer period of time, I really won't have time this year to polish further. And Tosch haven't answered me yet (for a few days) so I guess he doesn't want to do this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for all your hard work mate!
    It's a blast of a track. :)

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Don't assume that. He's busy with many things and may be happy to do this on his own schedule.

As many have said, it's already great and enjoyable and will only get better as others (Tosch or someone else) tinker away on it. Thanks for my home track!!!!!

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Mosport

Nicely done. Thanks for this amazing track [emoji2][emoji106]

On another subject why am I not hearing more chatter/excitement about how Shiet and Euskotracks are making badass tracks with BTB? Doesn't that at least partially solve issue with rF2 modding "being too difficult" when guys like Shiet come in and kick @ss right outta the gate like this?

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Did a practice yesterday with C6r in the wet. Loved every lap of it :D

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Hm, good question, PSR.

I'm trying my hand at Toban using Blender and Traveller's tools ATM, and while I haven't done anything in a while, getting the rf1 track into Blender wasn't too hard, but what comes next is beyond me, like adding realroad, improving / refining the road mesh, working on textures and all those things... I've never delved into 3d modelling apart from a short stint with sculpt 4d on the Amiga, so I guess you can tell how long ago that was ;)

I'm too busy atm with Falcon 4.33 to refine or work on my 3d skills, but you're right in that Shiet's Mosport version is a stellar example of what can be achieved by folks new to modding with rfactor2.

Cheers, Uwe

8. shiet

shiet Registered

Well the BTB part is pretty easy but it's far from over.
    You can make the road + terrain in BTB and place the objects easily but that's all, if you want to make a track for rF2 (and not rF1) it's not enough.

You have to modell buildings in Sketchup/other 3D program (if you want it to become unique so you don't use commonly used objects from xpacks), you have to create a bunch of textures (Photoshop) and then in 3Dsimed you need to change the road + terrain materials, place the trees, place the crowd/cornerworkers (which is missing from Mosport).

And as far as I know you can't make proper road reflections in 3Dsimed, go ahead and try Mosport in the rain, there are no reflections on the road (btw Mosport is not the only one), it's just simply dark.
    Also the BTB terrain is pretty basic compared to what ISI tracks have, I have no idea how to do that (for example the mud next to the road on AMP), I guess they made it in 3ds max.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  9. shiet

shiet Registered

I figured out how to make wet road reflections but I almost don't dare to release it soon because it seems like I release a new version almost every day. :D

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Which is not a bad thing. You can get daily feedback on every small step that you make. It is time consuming so maybe weekly updates would be more efficient? :p Anyway good progress so far, keep it up. Mosport for many reasons is a "Mid Ohio layout done right". I really, really like Mid Ohio in slower touring cars and some GT cars but it lacks some magic that Mosport always has had for me. I wish you all the best with development and as vast, rapid learning curve as you can possibly get. Having Mosport on top, top, top quality is a must have for any sim in my opinion. So underrated track.

11. shiet

shiet Registered

Mate exactly my thoughts. ;)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I ran a longer race on pre 2013 with the EVE F2's.

There is a problem at T6, the second tight right hander that leads unto the back straight.
    The EVE's take too much of the curb and that causes a mess quite often.

I'm thinking a slight corridor tweak could take care of the issue.

13. shiet

shiet Registered

You mean 5b? How can I change the corridors manually?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This corner:

View attachment 18495

First off make sure no path is selected as visible/actionable in sub path menu.
    Then go to show/hide menu, show corridors.

Check out how much of that high inside curb is allowed as drivable surface (red part of the lines):

View attachment 18496

You maybe want to look at the two WPs I highlighted in the screenshot.
    Shift+alt+left/right arrow keys and then extend the blue part of the corridors to cover the entire curb, so that the AI knows it can't bounce over it. :)

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Don't release it until you feel it's at the best you can achieve, before being passed on to another modder. We waited years for this, a few more weeks won't kill us!

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think Tosch meant he wouldn't collaborate any more in this track.
    Another stupid misunderstanding of good intentions creating a conflict between two people. Forums are dangerous for making even the subtlest critic to someone. A bar and a beer doesn't create these type of conflicts.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

17. shiet

shiet Registered

I don't see any "conflict". The only problem was he didn't say anything about altering my files (second time) while I was also working on the track.
    The only thing he would have needed to do is to say "I'm going to do this from here" and that's all. There is a proverb in Hungary: "one cannot help a silent mouth".

18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

shiet I think some miss understanding has gone on. I do see where your coming from, but the work Tosch was doing I don't think was going to affect what you where working on. Tosch was only trying to help!!! There are many people who would love Tosch to help them but he picks and chooses what he does, and he chose your track!! be thankful a little just as we are thankful for your hard work you put into YOUR track.

Thank you for the track

19. shiet

shiet Registered

What can I say? I already said thanks a lot of times, I even put his name on the loading screen, I can't do more than that.
    Maybe his work didn't affect my work but how could I possibly know that if he doesn't say anything? He just posted the files without any comment about what he did and/or how he did it.
    I don't want to argue about this because there is no point, if he doesn't want to work on the track then that's it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
  20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Did you have any luck with narrowing the corridors, shiet?