Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.
It was about time..
You know something? Sometimes this place seems a bit too much like watching political news on the telly,,,, just makes you wanna go fishing and catch turtles (even turtle catching might be better).
Its a great drive with physics that i image F1 has, only hate the sounds (in low RPM its absolutelly horrible) and in 3rd person view...
Also, the car keeps jumping on the road on some spots, everytime, other cars dont do that, making some corners absolutelly impossible to go throu in optimal speed
(first corner in toban will simply bounce the car of the track 4 times) Almost every curb has the same effect...
And one last thing - because the original cocpit view is freakishly high, after setting the seat to the realistic position, i can watch helicopters in the mirrors (i actually do on the Hungaroring)
If these three issues will be solved - in my opinion by far the best rFactor 2 F1 MOD there is
Updated the first post with the download links of the new version, V1.1
Do you have an update list
So we know what's changed please ?
Just wondering here but I installed this demo for a look and noticed it changed the spinner.
Fine, it looks quite nice but for now I changed it back to rf2`s spinner and now...
Since I changed it back to the rf2 spinner none of the cars viewed in the spinner spin any more...
Anybody else come across this and are there any fixes out there?
Any ideas when this will be released??
These usually get released around sept - nov right ?
Is this the target for this rfactor 2 version ?
Thanks for the mod...not sure how I missed on it...damn I need to focus more on rFactor 2 than the rest of my 150+ games. lol
Edit: Any update in how this is progressing. I had a blast today with the demo, changing Super Soft Tyres to Hard Tyres at Malaysia changed all the driving for me...Surprisingly I was struggling with Super Soft (it was like driving on ice) and changed to Hards and oh god...beautiful.
You made a great job with the physics...it feels like it should be.
Any news about this mod? I saw Caterham is ready... Can we download and test it with Marrusia and Lotus (3 cars togather)???
Oh wow, now I want it!!!
Really give us some updates/news please at least.
Well for me this car still skips sideways under heavy cornering, its like something snaps in the suspension for a second, very strange.
I have noticed this too, sudden jolt and car skips sideways
I noticed this on some tracks. On others the car is totally fine.
Anyone know when this will be released ??????
I'm kind if guessing sept/nov time
Can anyone confirm pretty please?
Not codemasters cars!!!!!! Codemasters cars are bad!!!
This sompir F1RFT 2012 model.
You'll have to replace the specular texture with a one that fits your livery
To echo some thoughts of others, a promising release & with some updates this could be a winner. Well done guys and we all do appreciate the hard work! Please don't be pressured and be in a rush, lets get it right...
Some initial observations/criticism:-
- FFB is way to strong. Running at 0.50 Multi and 20 smoothness I am still receiving FFB clipping on CSR Elite. I generally run between .75-.85.
- Mid corner understeer. Car turns in and bights nicely then looses all feel and downforce . I havn't played with the setup though howerver comparing this to the Marussia default setup they are worlds apart. Edit: Just played with the setup and can easily dial this out.
- Power curve seems a little aggressive to me. Nursing in 2nd gear it doesn't have much down low then bang its wild. Fun though
- KERS needed.
- Seat position way to high which also affects rF2 centre mirrors etc...
- Headrest & monocoque need to wrap more tightly around hands, arms and shoulders
- Mirrors are inaccurate in shape and don't taper off so aggressively.
- It would be nice to see the fingers move on gear shifts, DRS and KERS.
- Low RPM engages pit/limit sound etc...
- Player and opponent engine sound seems a little digital and fake sounding. Dunno I think it is good compared to other cars kicking around.
Looking forward to your next release and seeing what updates you bring. Kind of like real life racing
@ MuFas - IMO the Caterham looks good but is not ready and needs a little more work.
- The sidepods dont fold in under enough.
- Engine cover needs to be a little more aggressively tapered down.
- Rear wing end plate seems to high and gills don't tuck in behind rear wheel.
- Exhaust port needs work.
- Stepped nose was dropped after Bahrain.
Very nice livery !
great work sompir we all know this will be the best mod in rf2 the detail is better than the loonytoon cars from codeye you make scratch mods from f1 challenge days and people still say its a rip lol
Separate names with a comma.